27 coaches online • Server time: 13:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cthulhu

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Some questions...

When the ball carrier is knocked and pushed (from a pow), where does the ball scatter from, the case the player was pushed to, or the case where he was? Does it scatter before or after the blocker follows or not?
With strip-ball, is it the same?

A situation that could arine in my home league... a troll slayer with multiple blocks 2 opposing players, one of them has stand firm. What happens with frenzy?

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I really really really appreciate that you're here to learn, Cthulu, and I love your username... but this is four consecutive threads in the Rules Questions forum, and I'm starting to think that you could benefit from downloading the free Living Rulebook at www.bloodbowl.com and sitting down with it for a little while. I'm not trying to be mean, honest, but all of the answers to your questions so far are in there.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

What Shep said. Once you have actually read the rules you will know the answer to these questions yourself. No disrespect meant, but most other people read the rules in order to play and skijunkie designed the client so that you had to know the rules in order to play.

Cthulhu

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The questions I ask here are either things that changed and surprised me (like the wild animal rule)
or (as in this case) stuff I dont remember and that I cant find in the book, I mean my real paper book, but maybe the new version explain them better.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The ball scatters from the square the ball carrier is pushed to and scatters after follow up... as you have to decide to follow up before any dice are rolled....

on the frenzy question I think you rule a block and if the standfirm guy is not knocked over you block again.
Cthulhu

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I checked the new rule book.

Some explainations have been added in this version for multiple block, it says
"In case of each opponent being pushed back, fully resolve the push back for one opponent before resolving the second opponent's push back."
So I suppose that if a player being blocked has stand firm, then it will stop the frenzy, right?

But for my question about where the ball scatter from... I cant believe it's not in the book, but I cant find it!

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

stand firm doenst stop frenzy

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its page 14 bouncing balls.... says the ball will bounch when it hits a prone player the player is not prone until he is pushed back and falls over.... so it bounces form the square he is pushed to and since in the follow up rolls it states you must decide to follow up before any dice are rolled (scatted <b>dice </b>) you scatter after follow up.

Strip ball skill says "the square they are pushed to"
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, but Frenzy can only be used on a single, normal block. A multiple block is neither a normal block nor a single block, so you can't use frenzy when using multiple block. So, your Troll slayer can either block 1 person 2 times (frenzy) or 2 people 1 time (multiple block), but not 2 people 2 times.

also, Stand firm does not negate frenzy..you just don't push the player back and throw the 2nd block from the same position. You only have to get a push on the blocking dice to use frenzy..the player you are blocking does not have to actually move.

This also applies to strip ball vs stand firm...if you get a push on the blocking dice, then you will stip the ball even if the opponent h as stand firm and doesn't move (the only thing that stops strip ball is sure hands)

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for clarifying these rules!

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

And don't forget... although scatters from blocks are resolved after the blocker follows up it isn't handled this way in the client. The "Differences from the board game"file explains that the scatter is resolved first.
 Jump to: