24 coaches online • Server time: 03:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think that the kickoff table has to much influence on the outcome of the game?
Yes
34%
 34%  [ 37 ]
No
65%
 65%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 108

Wizard

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Muyske:
Quote:

It only makes a difference if you get pouring rain as weather change while playing khemri Smile

I just won a game 4 - 0 as khem - it was raining for the first 12 turns Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the possibility of quick snap, perfect defense and blitz into account, when you set up your players. If you don't, you will learn it the hard way, when you concede more than the 3 inevitable blocks on defense.

origami

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick off rolls can be planned for and their effects mitigated. The current kick off table, unlike past ones, is pretty well designed - the events are far less likely to completely unbalance the game. The one case where this is not true - get the ref - is only a problem because Dirty Player is broken.
Wukong

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, it's not DP that's broken. OR Get the Ref.
It's some coaches attitude towards fouling.

Fouling is a part of BB as a strategic tool, but I strongly loath those team-killer-coaches that only foul to destroy.

That said.... I like the kick-off table as it is, but wont rant and rave if Get the Ref is changed again.

[edit] Oh, and I don't think that the kick-off table has that great an impact on the outcome of the game!

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It definitly does affect the game but so does a lot of things. A lucky 2 dice your opponents choise block or a lucky pickup of a bouncing ball can affect the game as much as a blitz can it's what makes bloodbowl fun, luck.
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the kickoff table. It's what allows coaches that clearly suck, such as myself, to beat coaches that don't suck --- like everyone but me, for example...
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Wukong wrote:
In my opinion, it's not DP that's broken. OR Get the Ref.
It's some coaches attitude towards fouling.

Fouling is a part of BB as a strategic tool, but I strongly loath those team-killer-coaches that only foul to destroy.

That said.... I like the kick-off table as it is, but wont rant and rave if Get the Ref is changed again.

[edit] Oh, and I don't think that the kick-off table has that great an impact on the outcome of the game!

BLeh

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick kick to nuffles groin and you will get all the blitz's rock throws and such!
 Jump to: