36 coaches online • Server time: 15:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Guy
Big Guys prefer to work on their own, and in any case are not noted for paying terribly much attention to what is going on in team practice sessions! As a result, Big Guys may not use Team, Leader, or Trophy Re-rolls during their actions.

Does this mean that big guys can use rerolls for catching the ball and interceptions and all other rerollable actions that do not occur during thier action?

Also it would look a lot better if the rule clarifications/FAQ were rolled into the actual text.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

cjohnsto wrote:

Does this mean that big guys can use rerolls for catching the ball and interceptions and all other rerollable actions that do not occur during thier action?

Well, rerolls cannot normally be used on interceptions as they are not in your turn. But for catching the ball I think you are right, it should be reworded.
arcane257

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

cjohnsto wrote:
Big Guy
Big Guys prefer to work on their own, and in any case are not noted for paying terribly much attention to what is going on in team practice sessions! As a result, Big Guys may not use Team, Leader, or Trophy Re-rolls during their actions.

Now I know we would all like the LRB to be as idiot proof as possible but why would a rule further restricking the use of rerolls grant uses of them that other players who are allowed to normally cant use them for?

Granted in my local league I have peeps who try to use what I call powergamer logic on the rules all the time so I can see why you might honestly bring this up. But if we repeat the rules everytime they are mentioned in every section of the LRB it will start compeating with the Library of Congress for total size. So for most rules I think its safe to assume you follow what the section on the preticular rule unless in the desciption of another rule it specifically says you can or cant do something. Thats generaly how I understand the LRB to be intended to work. I think if this is really an issue for you the solution you might ask for is a page refference back to the normal rules for rerolls for further info on how to use them.
Arcane
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

cjohnsto wrote:
Also it would look a lot better if the rule clarifications/FAQ were rolled into the actual text.
Not going to happen ... and there is a reason for it.

The FAQ often deal with weird skill and rule intersections that are very special occasssions. Trying to put all those one off exceptions into the actual rules would make the rulebook huge and difficult to read. Also several of the items in the FAQ are clarifications of items that the BBRC feels is clear with the current wording but because of occassional questions by newbies we add the assurance in the FAQ how it works.

Finally some of the FAQ deal with changes to tables in the Basic section to update them completely with rules from the Advanced section.

Galak
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Josh (Abator) just mailed me the 3rd revision of the Draft LRB 4.0, and I've posted it to the website in pure PDF and ZIP form this time.

http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRBDRAFT/DRAFT_LRB4.0.pdf
http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRBDRAFT/DRAFT_LRB4.0.zip

Here are the changes that Ravage just sent commented on tonight that have not been fixed yet (ie we know we need to fix these already):
Quote:

Page 2 Opening 2nd line: "For those of you are familiar with..." should be
"For those of you who are familiar with..."

Page 12 change the last sentence in the Dead! entry on the Casualty table to read:
The player won't be playing Blood Bowl any more unless he is raised to join another team!

Page 17 .. change this at bottom of 1st column ... this is what it says now:
"The first step in actually creating the team is to study the team lists (see pages 50 to 56)
and decide not include Human players because these players come from a different team list. which
you want to use. All of the players in your team must be from the same team list. So, for example,
a High Elf team may not include Human players because these players come from a different team list."
You need to change it to this:
"The first step in actually creating the team is to study the team lists (see pages 50 to 56)
and decide which you want to use. All of the players in your team must be from the same team list.
So, for example, a High Elf team may not include Human players because these players come from a
different team list."

Page 18 ... middle of last paragraph left column. There are two periods after:
(see the rules for Freebooters later)..
delete one of the periods.

Page 18 .. top of right column change:
"There are four Star Player cards included in the box, more Star Players can be found on
the back cover of this book."
TO
"There are four Star Player cards included in the box, more Star Players can be found on
pages 57 and 58 of this book."

Page 19 ... change Injury Time to read:
"The referee waits to allow for injured players and other debris to be cleared from the field.
If the receiving team's turn marker is on turn 4 or earlier, the game is held up so both teams
turn markers are moved one space forward along the Turn track. If it is turn 5 through 8, the
referee adjusts the clock to give the teams time to finish so both teams turn markers are moved
one space back."

Page 19 ... change first sentence of Perfect Defence to:
"The kicking team’s coach may reorganize his players – in other words he can set them up again
into another legal defence."

Page 19 ... change last sentence of Pitch Invasion to read:
"If a roll is 6 or more after modification then the player is Stunned."

Page 21 ... Did you know...
There should be a comma in "The High Elf team, the Dragon Princes,"

Page 22 ... Slow Motion Replay.
Is there anyway to delete the graph line after INTERCEPTION MODIFIERS so that you don't have a blank box.
If this is way difficult Josh don't sweat it.

Page 22 ... Slow Motion Replay.
Say "Per emeny tackle zone on" instead of "Per enemy tackle zone on"

Page 25 ... Delete this paragraph as it a repeat of the paragraph above it:
"Although Big Guys do occasionally play in all Big Guy teams, they are far more frequently
seen as members of other teams. It is rare for Goblin teams to take the field without a Troll
or two on the roster, for example, and there are many Chaos teams that include Minotaurs in
their ranks. Most ubiquitous of all are Ogre players, who have been know in their time to play
for just about every Blood Bowl team in the Old World."

Page 25 ... Title Cost MV ST AG AV for Beast of Nurgle need moved to top of column 2.

Page 26 ... Really Stupid red section change "voluntarily move" to "move voluntarily"

Page 26 ... Really Stupid change: "The player loses his tackle zone and may not catch the ball,"
to
"The player loses his tackle zone and may not catch or pass the ball,"

Page 27 ... left column 2nd paragraph, last sentence ... 2nd to last line should be:
"Blood Bowl, not a spell casting contest, so"
Note the comma after Blood Bowl

Page 27 ... Casting Spells 2nd sentence should be changed to:
"The Wizard may cast one of the three spells detailed on this page."

Page 27 ... Last part of Casting Spells paragraph should be changed to:
"after the Turn marker has been moved but before any players perform an action."
The ' in player's needs deleted.

Page 27 ... change 1st sentence of 2nd paragraph of Fireball Spell to:
"Make an Armour roll for any player that is knocked over as if they had been knocked over by
an opponent with the Mighty Blow skill.

Page 28 ... change last sentence of Necromancers section to:
"Liche Priests can argue the call with the referee and can still use his magical powers for the
team if ejected."

Page 29 ... middle of first paragraph change
"None the less, the use of" to:
"Nonetheless, the use of"

Page 34 ... Diving Tackle middle of paragraph change:
"then only one of the opposing player may make a diving tackle."
to
"then only one of the opposing players may make a diving tackle."
Correction is that players should have an s to make it plural

Page 35 ... Dodge skill last sentence should say in the middle:
"skill affects the results rolled on the Block dice, as explained in the"
The change is to change Block D6 to Block dice.

Page 35 ... Easily Confused, middle of paragraph change:
"In which case roll D6 again" to
"In which case roll a D6 again"
change is to add an a in the line

Page 36 ... Piling On change the end of the 2nd to last sentence to:
"then he must have followed up the block in order to use this skill."

Page 36 ... change 3rd sentence of Pro from:
"Once per team turn, a Pro is allowed to re-roll any one D6 roll he has made."
to:
"Once per team turn, a Pro is allowed to re-roll any one dice roll he has made."

Page 40 ... this sentence at the bottom of the first column midparagraph should be in red.
"If no remaining new skills are available for this player to take than the player may ignore the result
and treat the result as if doubles had been rolled instead."

Page 48 ... Chaos Cup Winning Table .. need a comma after Nurgle

Page 57 ... cannot see page number
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

cjohnsto wrote:

Just so you know cleaning up the wording for this was put on the list.

Galak
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Josh (Abator) just mailed me the 4rd revision of the Draft LRB 4.0, and I've posted it to the website in pure PDF and ZIP form this time.

http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRBDRAFT/DRAFT_LRB4.0.pdf
http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRBDRAFT/DRAFT_LRB4.0.zip

Here are the only changes that I found that Josh still needs to fix ... but I think we are really close to being done.
Quote:
Page 40 ... Did you know currently says:
"That star player for the Chaos All-Stars, Duke Luthor Von Hawkfire is currently"
change to:
"That star player for the Chaos All-Stars, Duke Luthor Von Hawkfire, is currently"
Correction add "," after Hawkfire

Page 62, 3rd Q&A answer. Says at end. "Note, that a fumble, even" ... should be:
"Note that a fumble even"
Correction ... no comma
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for everyone who assisted. The final proofread version was sent to Fanatic this morning. It should hopefully be up on bloodbowl.com by the end of the week.

Galak
Elwen

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2005 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ANd where are going to make official all those rules about nigglings, no rsc, dp less powerful?
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed this error, which is present in both the draft version and the final verion of LRB 4.0: there's some text missing from page 28.

LRB 4.0 wrote:
Necromancers
Necromancy is the magic of the dead and of the Undead, and Necromancers can cast evil and unnatural spells that will bring the dead to life. All Necromantic and Undead teams have a Necromancer as their head coach – after all, it is the Necromancer’s spells that created the team in the first place and they wouldn’t exist without him! The teams are assumed to have a Necromancer for free, and do not have to pay to hire one.

The spell may only be cast on players of roughly human size (ie, not on large monsters like Ogres or Trolls, or small players like
Halflings or Goblins). The new player has standard Zombie characteristics no matter what his skills or abilities in life, and may only be added to the Undead team if it has fewer than 16 players at the time. If the Undead player has a spare Zombie model available then the new player may be placed in the Reserves box of the Undead team’s Dugout and used immediately – much to the consternation of his former teammates!

"The spell"? What spell? Is an opposing player transformed into Zombie from play at any point during the game? So I can turn the opponents' catcher into a Zombie and place him in my dugout just before he is about to score? There's definitely some lines missing and a clarification is due!

vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't it obvious, that the player has to be dead before he can be reanimated as zombie.

AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Necromancy is the magic of the dead and of the Undead, and Necromancers can cast evil and unnatural spells that will bring the dead to life

That line sounds like the answer to your question, Kar.

Z
Bytez0r

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ugh, i know were' done - but theres one we missed i think, under skills section 'rolling dobbles' its stated that only chaos and skaven and certain big guys can take physicals. (not nurgle)
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for those.

There was a paragraph ommitted about Raise the Dead that is a known typo. Although pp40 does not list Nurgle teams as having physical access the skill access list does, so that's covered but it ought to get changed. The PBBL version has them listed in the text too.

Jump to: