20 coaches online • Server time: 02:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
boneraven

Post 13 Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Over the last couple of days I haven't been able to upload automatically, it gets to the end of the game but doesn't report. I noticed other people have had similar problems.

I've found that players who LOSE games are quitting and refusing to upload, or just ignoring requests to. Out of five teams I now have 3 that I can't use until either a week elapses or they decide to upload. I'm not talking about people who don't realise they need to report manually, I'm talking about people refusing on irc and ignoring PMs.

I'm not going to say who those coaches are but a quick look at my coach page will give you a hint.

Cheers guys!

Last edited by boneraven on %b %23, %2005 - %19:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Just contact the admins. They can handle it. Submit a suport ticket. Failing to upload a game is against the rules.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Report the coaches in question to the admins. Not that it's going to help, but maybe when enough people complain about the very same coaches, actions might be taken.
Wizard

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been getting more of this sort of thing in the past month than i ever have in a year of playing.
I know what you mean boneraven.

Past month i've had 2 coaches disco and play other games on me, and also 3 dropped games were the coach was forced to come back into the game and finish. 1 coach refused and admins forced through a concede in my favour Wink banned him after that i think.
Funnily though, it all started after i made a khem team.... Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Disconnectin and failing to update and/or finish the game upon demand is against the rules.

Report the coaches to the admin and they will handle the problem. It works.
Btw, I play almost exclusively in Ranked, but I didn't meet a single coach refusing to upload. Maybe you've been unlucky, but imho the greatest majority (I am talking 99,99 %) of the coaches here play by the rules.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

In one or two months I've got 2 coaches to disc on me WITH A JUST MADE TEAM. like. seriously. why don't you just concede and remade the team if you liked that blitzer so much or if you can't stand losing in your first match? they are both blocked now.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

dont know when i started playing fummblll.. think it was last year or the year before... in the first six or seven month i wasnt able to upload automatical... i didnt even knew there existed such a possibilty.. just heard about it like a legend... in this whole time i didnt met one coach who refused to upload....

later on my career i once met a guy with a think it was a khem team... i bashed him down, later he disconnected and didnt came back...
after i wrote to him he said something about he had started a new game but we could start a new match...
i never found him on fumbbl to do that..

the other interesting thing were upload failed was a match against a guy that ended after one half with a victory for me and many looses for my opponent, this soon end was caused by a bug (dammit cant they do something against this ball-in-the-air-bug?)... i didnt felt right to upload this game manually neither he didnt.. so it was never counted....

i ve seen really many situations were i had connection troubles but the other coach always waited to finish the game and always upload after that... dont matter how much trouble that caused to him....
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd edit your post for bad language boneraven (public forums and all) and then report the coaches in question to the admins. They do not stand for any such behaviour, and will take further action if needed.

Its a shame, I've only played one coached that did that to me. He claimed he knew how to change his IP and get another account. He hasnt been online since.

PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 19:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

And so the legend continues.

Because most sites and game slike this do little to discourage that sort of behaivior many here assume that it will be the same with fumbbl.

It Isn't.

Any time, and thankfully it is rare, a coach behaves in this manner report it.

The admins really do get busy. Or at least have in my experience.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
Report the coaches in question to the admins. Not that it's going to help, but maybe when enough people complain about the very same coaches, actions might be taken.

Yes it will help and if you dont report these kinda situations youre almost as bad as the quiter as theyre most likely to do it to someone else if theres no actions taken. Admins will log these and have a talk with these coaches so they know its not tolerated. If they continue to do it, more forcefull actions will be taken.
Also to those who think ability to change ip is key to bad behaviour I can tell that we have couple permanently banned users who can do that and they get caught pretty fast as we have couple ways to spot them and as continued breaking rules is shaming whole site and wasting so much time on players, admins do use some time to keep these persons out from this site,
Slick

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't imagine someone so pathetic they would do something like quit and ignore you. Even worse I can't believe someone would act like that and still even want to play, and that whole IP changing thing, wow, that's some lame stuff right there. People never cease to amaze when it comes to petty bitterness about things that were supposed to be fun. I mean heck, somebody's got to lose ... as long as it's not me, that's just not possible. LOL

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll pass the information on so that hopefully other people won't be stuck with an inactive team while they wait a week for a concession. For the sake of balance though I should say I've had a ton of great games on here and these people are a small minority.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The admins have always taken care of every support ticket I've written, and have done so promptly. I've had two coaches spitefully drop out of a game....both were appropriately dealt with.