16 coaches online • Server time: 08:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NastyOgre

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I just think that if you have a team name you should be able to delete it and "Reform" the team. Using the same name. Particularly in light of teams like the Ogres and Vampires being official now. If I want a ranked (or unranked) Ogre Team, I can see not transferring the team. But why shouldn't I be able to keep the name?
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

How would that work??? When a team retires you can reuse it or have several teams named the same???
If somebody could work out a way to do it without it being open to abuse/cheating it would be great, but might lead people to retiring teams a lot more, knowing that the could always give it another go. For me it´s fun coming up with new names and themes but have fallen for the temptation of using team names very similar to previous ones.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

as far as i know it creates file problems etc.

have you tried using the same name and adding II, 2 etc or just calling them Return of.... or .... Avengers

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Been asked before, and it will not happen.
Teams that played at least 1 game cannot be comepletely deleted, they all have remain stocked somewhere (also the retired ones).

So, be creative and invent a new team name, you can always recycle the player's names.
If you are to lazy to invent a new name, use paul's ideas above.
Not much of an effort IMO
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way - a team name which includes the teams race isn't so stunning. Try something else and keep your divX team for the sake of divX.

Adar

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think all teams that have been retired up to this day should have {} added to their names, that way would we be able to reuse all the names without causing trouble.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Any team name can be humorously duplicated 'more or less' by adding "II - The Quickening" to the end... Laughing
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Taffsadar wrote:
I think all teams that have been retired up to this day should have {} added to their names, that way would we be able to reuse all the names without causing trouble.

I think teams whether retired or not should not be interfered with in any way.

What happens when this is done and I make a team called Deathgerbil's Revenge, Farwood Fire, Good Coaching, etc etc. It is both confusing and terribly unfair to the previous owners of such teams that I can steal their team name.
Cannonfodder

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Taffsadar wrote:

I think teams whether retired or not should not be interfered with in any way.

What happens when this is done and I make a team called Deathgerbil's Revenge, Farwood Fire, Good Coaching, etc etc. It is both confusing and terribly unfair to the previous owners of such teams that I can steal their team name.

For me that is the most important reason to not allow reuse of team names, the names of fumbbl legends could be easily tainted, it would be terrible to ruin their legacy

'These are my principals, if you dont like them, I have others.'
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose you could allow people to "unretire" their teams if theres a roster slot left open. That way people could re-use the ones they created, - and if you like the team name enough, then you could recover it pretty easily, - at least within the next 5 or so games unless you 4balled it. or have it maybe "reset" to 0 players, 1,000,000 gold. This way, the people can't steal other coaches team names, while at the same time re-using the team names they created before.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Changing the team's name would affect all the team's previous match reports as well. I don't want my match record to show my long rivalry against the Furwood Fure, personally. Just another note to add.

Also, every time this comes up (which is frequently, do a search), I feel the need to point out that any approval monkey (or higher) can - if you ask nicely and have a valid reason for asking - change the name of your retired team, thus freeing it up.

Please don't abuse this - as Christer may well put an end to the practice if the support ticket system becomes clogged with frivolous requests to change old team names to cover for lack of creativity - but if you ask an approval monkey in chat they might do it for you.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

deathgerbil wrote:
I suppose you could allow people to "unretire" their teams if theres a roster slot left open. That way people could re-use the ones they created, - and if you like the team name enough, then you could recover it pretty easily, - at least within the next 5 or so games unless you 4balled it. or have it maybe "reset" to 0 players, 1,000,000 gold. This way, the people can't steal other coaches team names, while at the same time re-using the team names they created before.

That would be a good idea, half good since the stats of the team are kept...... Maybe not that good?
 Jump to: