52 coaches online • Server time: 16:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to agree with Peikko in part. In stunty the specific team is more important than the TR which doesn´t tell you much. Find a team you feel able to compete with and have a go. I played a Nurgling team that had 105 (or so) more TR than me and lived to tell the tale Very Happy

I offer and accept challenges where there´s large differences in TR, and I know a lot of others do the same (from the Games overview). Don´t see what´s wrong with that as long as both players have agreed. I know there´s a line between this and conscious cherry-picking. So follow Peikkos advice and only report if there´s very good evidence to the fact that someones doing on purpose.

Also, the reason why there´s so many high TR Nurglings must certainly be, that they have regeneration, which is very powerful in a league where people keep dying, and up to 2 Beast which can ensnare the unlucky little critters and keep them there until they get hurt.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

AND nurglings don't dodge and against full diving tackle teams it's a great advantage!

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

of course that is true to some extent, but I think you missed the point a little. I agree with both you and peikko that tr doesn't mean as much as it does in ranked. however, I also believe that when a VERY high level cfling team challenges a snotling team that is tr 130ish, that is wrong. that actually happened.

it's hard to maintain dispassionate self-objectivity, 'sall, and it's sad when people abuse a system which is not as closely watched as in ranked to get ahead.
dunno why I am posting, doesn't really matter to me... perhaps for hte sake of argument, perhaps because I like and respect smoked
oryx
smoked_g60

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

There is nothing better in my opinion than taking on an obviously stronger team and winning through cunning or dirty or just lucky tactics. This is probally why I tend to lean toward the weaker teams as I find a greater sense of accomplishment when you can pull off miracles and make your opponent's jaw hit the pitch. I really love the more informal atmosphere here people are much more likely to try zany plays even if they have hardly any chance of sucess.
To each their own, I don't want to ruin anyones fun, but I especially worry about the people who are just entering stunty, I'd like to see stunty grow.

I also see no reason to "fold" stunty, there are lots of people who have fun here.

I see a problem when I see records like this
Of the last 75 games since the team reached tr 200
Teams which were rated above 200: 13
Games where the tr difference was more than 90: 40+
Games where the opponents team was higher tr: 3
Games where the tr difference was 140 or more 19
If this team shows up on gamefinder I fully intend on challenging them with one of my tr 220+ teams.
I will publically shame him if he does not accept with a cherrypicking record like that, and consider reporting him if it continues. That is not why I am here, to police others, I'd rather just play him, as one of the top 30 teams in stunty to another.
 Jump to: