16 coaches online • Server time: 04:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smegger

Post 22 Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

"Unable to load the specified application" is the error message I get when I try to open the jar-file for BB.

Any tips?
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. You do have Java installed on your computer?

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I have java installed yes
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The "right" version of Java? Not the latest?

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I went through the list of FAQ and in the end was still getting that same error message. Apparently it is because your browser needs to be altered to recognise the Java applications, if you are fairly computer literate follow this link.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=733&highlight=opera

I'm not that computer literate Embarassed so the fix i used was to download Mozilla Firefox and use that to play all games and watch replays. I haven't had a problem yet! The link for the mozilla site is below.

http://www.mozilla.org/

Good luck.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

This is why we have user guide and entry for this in there: http://fumbbl.com/help:StartupProblems
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

u trying to launch the jar file directly or do u try to launch it from the web browser?
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I am getting frustrated...
I tryed to go to the chat section to have somebody walk me though starting my first game but that didn't work for me either!!!
I try to start a game and all I get is the ability to play myself (reavers vs. gouged eye) Playing my self isn't very fun. Rolling Eyes

I go to the gamefinder and see a list of teams which I assume are online but all I can do is look at there rosters. There is no button to set up a table with them. I guess I'll just go home and set up my real board and invite a friend over.

AAARRGHHHHH!

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing you didn't notice the tabs in the client setup screen. The first of them is Stand-alone (i.e. playing vs yourself), followed by Server, Client, and Spectate? clicking Server would let you enter the relevant info to host a game, Client for joining a game someone else is hosting, and Spectate for watching games other people are playing.

The Gamefinder is a good tool to scout possible opponents, but you do, however, need to contact that person, preferably in IRC, to ask if they want to play vs. you and your team. The gamefinder has no launching possibilities, but that's what the Game Launcher (the Play link at the end of your team info row in your Overview) is for. But IRC is where pretty much all the action is, so you should get that sorted. Common IRC issues are also addressed in the help/FAQ section of the site.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I should have came back and corrected this last night because, thanx to the assistance of the mighty Cadete, I finally got this thing figured out. Much fun!!!!