16 coaches online • Server time: 03:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hax wrote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im sorry,
but new league will mean new teams...

You're right - those 5 SPPs would be an unfair advantage over the weaker teams.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

im sorry, but if i allow one experienced team, why should i dissallow other experienced teams ? and it isnt so hard to create another team or ?
DePotMan

Post 14 Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hax, count me in. I'll stick er out. Been craving a league as all of my bb buddies moved away
CmdrGloval

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

well if is possible i'd like to be in this new league, my team from the Blutballas tourny didn't last too long but i had fun, to be fair though i think you should limit teams to those allowed in open only makes for a more balanced playing field...
golroc

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to be in this league as well. I'll play pretty much anything if that is required - but I prefer not to play Elfs.
GrOUnDZer0

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll get in on a rookie team tourney...
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hax - although not hard, it's a pain in the ass creating Div T teams for leagues that never go anywhere. As it is, this team will get retired since the Blood and Mayhem league collapsed quickly (as have most leagues in FUMBBL). I'll guess I'll just wait for another new league that uses some preseason games before the league schedule.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2003 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You can count me in, Hax. As long as it is scheduled round robin format I am up for it. I'll play anything, but have my preferences (of course). PM me if there is something in particular you want me to play, otherwise I will follow the development on this forum.

You havn't created the group yet, right?

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2003 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

seems to me there is a lot of interest in a new league so i will definetly create a group...
but there is a prob left:

there will be a Premier league (a better stronger league) and a 2nd league - how to decide who will play in premier league ??
i guess this will be a bit of subjective decission made by myself...

i will create the group soon and a structure for the league (also depending on the number of teams invlved...)
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2003 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I play in the Oceania League and love it, and am keen to join a second league....

Count me in!

Tell me where to sign up!
Onveric

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2003 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Id really like to join up, I played in fumbbl alot last year around jan,feb,march,april and took the summer off but now Im back into it and an active league would be a great place to do it since my private friends league does move a little slow for me.

Onveric
CmdrGloval

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2003 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

well Hax you could do like a four game preseason and take the teams with the best records after that for the premire division
krazykanuck

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2003 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

you should have leagues of 4 teams; maybe 4 A leagues, 4 B leagues ... and so on, then first in top leagues have playoff for the cup, 1st in B leagues up to A leagues and last in A go down?
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2003 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have tested that already Hax. It does not work very well. Thats the reason why i changed Themed Blood Bowl from never ending story to season by season new team style. Runs quite smooth and better now. But maybe you are lucky and things will work. One major problem for sure will be, that from time to time a broken team will have to play a lot of matches vs better non broken teams. That may drive the fun out of it for that coach. And in an open anonymous environment like fumbbl.com the people do not care that much about what other think.

But anyway, i would compete in such a tourney. Nonetheless, how many teams in Primera Division? How many in second. Etc. Such stuff is quite difficult.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2003 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Im big on joining up for a big tourney/League. just want to know if i can use necromantic or if i have to choose an open team. sounds like a lot of fun though. before accepting any coach you should probably look to see how many matches they have played recently. just thought id offer my two cents.
~IvanTheCow
 Jump to: