50 coaches online • Server time: 16:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Dont get rid of them.. let people have fun however they want.. just gut unranked, stunty, div-x and ladder out of the top tens and DYK unless people explicity ask for them.

Quote:

(From : Hitting the Cycle : a Larson or a Thundercall)
If we leave it as Larson, we'll have something to argue about when we all get old and have nothing better to do than sit on the porch and argue about trivia.

If we change it to the first person, then there's not much hope for us to carry on a discussion in our nursing home days, now is there?

Think of the future. Vote Larson.

Dont get rid of them.. let people have fun however they want..

If we leave it as is, we'll have something to argue about when we all get old and have nothing better to do than sit on the irc-porch and argue about trivia and how underappreciated the legendary Ranked players of old are and how overrated the new so-called-Legends from the new artsy-fartsy divisions are.

If we just gut unranked, stunty, div-x and ladder out of the top tens and DYK unless people explicity ask for them., then there's not much hope for us to carry on a discussion in our nursing home days, now is there?

Think of the future. Vote Larson. euhm.. Keep the phony records...

People can still choose to only see ranked records in the Top 10's ...

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

4vs4 even distorts the personal statistics. When I look into my match record, the highest win (7:0) and the highest loss (1:9) are with the same 4vs4 team. The best player I ever had (and only legend so far) came from that team, too.
4vs4 matches are easy consumed fast food, entertainment light.

Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

/signed if it's a petition.

I'm too lazy to join too many groups.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Signed & joined

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Playing 4ball is like eating fast food.
If you do it too often, it ruins your taste.

hmm wise words, maybe thats why i stopped.
Captain1821

Post 16 Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

All of you, you better submit a team for the 5 Stars League now for a chance to take a spot for the 5th season, else, if you want this league deleted, return to your caves because it will never be deleted Razz

Go find yourselfs a useful hobby!

About the top 10 list, I don't give a shit. Like arktoris said:

arktoris wrote:
I think all records earned by avoiding dirty player teams (and other forms of safe team cherrypicking) should be banned from the "did you know" and top 10 list.

With that in mind, Ranked isn't very credible for the stats and awards either so associate them with the other "crap" records. Only records that count are the teams in tournaments. That's where bloodbowl happens.

Oh, and like peikko said:

peikko wrote:
Trying to restrict what kinda tournaments people like to play in unranked is just something I dont quite get. Selecting specific division in top10 lists is just one selection away, if youre too lazy to do that, you can blame just yourself.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
All of you, you better submit a team for the 5 Stars League

And if you dont know what 1vs1 etc is all about, or if you just think five is too many, you can always join the original One vs One which will start its second season around noon in friday (Fumbbl time) !
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Signed & joined

Me too Twisted Evil
Mr__Wizard

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand why people think that the top 10 lists aren't falsely represented by non ranked players.
Just beacause some people don't care about the top 10 lists doesn't mean that others don't. Despite what some people think not all coaches cherrypick with their teams and not all legends are created through cherrypicking.
I think people should be able to play however they want in unranked, but keep the records out of the DYK and the top 10s
 Jump to: