43 coaches online • Server time: 01:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Superstar

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

If this was my site, i would ban anyone apoligizing after a death! the word sorry would invoke a hidden bot that sitebans the person saying it. =) Now i am pretty sure everyone is happy this is not my site..
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we all agree that something has to be said after a nasty injury, i.e. a kill. It doesn't, however, necessarily have to be sorry, but an acknowledgement that you know how he feels or that something nasty has happened. That yuo show you're not totally feelinglöess and out to kill qand slaughter.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a whining bitch

I would have spent the rest of the game fouling his players so i could write a nice long "Hahahahahahahahahahahaha..." after every death then on
Other than that i dont care what happens to other coaches players, as long as there off the field. Its not my problem the dice rolled a 6,6,6 - bad luck buddy.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:
no, that's a false problem. people should not get offended in the first place, period.

Easy to say, but not so easy to accomplish. If your typical response to people being offended is to say, "You're wrong, tough luck, get over it,"...well, you won't have much luck with women. Wink

Because we are typing, we lose two huge parts of our communication - facial expression and tone of voice.

For example, "Sorry."

It means something rather different when say it with a sympathetic tone and facial expression, as opposed to a sarcastic tone and a sneer.

I haven't used the voice chat yet, but I'd bet that their are fewer hurt feelings and misunderstandings with it. Is there anybody who has used voice chat on Fumbbl and can comment on that?
Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

my luck with women is quite fine, thanks of you to ask =)

and once again, you're speaking of communication, and how writing is different from talking face to face, but you are mistaken. you should not have to understand more to what is being said because you should not expect sympathy in the first place. because no one should ever have to be sympathetic to his opponent over something that happens in a _game_.

Jump to: