25 coaches online • Server time: 02:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

This is when people follow the letter and don't understand the spirit that's behing the rule.

The spirit is "If you consistently play vs your friends, do it in Unranked".

I think this would be more than enough, instead of enforcing a rule ppl will argue about. Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

when we tried it that way people abused it because there was no rule about it.. so we had to make those... fumbbl had a minimum of rules when it started up.. most of the rules now in place are only there because some people abused the system..

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack, i know what is meant, and i'm quite sure everybody else does. but no one could be lawyering, if you remove the "/team".

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
"coach/team" means "coach or team"...

Actually, it can be read as "Coach *per* Team", which in context would say that you can play each of a given Coach's teams *each* once per ten games.
Mr_Launcher

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
18 games??? did ANY of you really read the rules/the quote above?

18 comes from:
( 20 - 18 ) / 20 = 1 / 10, "the accepted benchmark".

Note that the 18 is only relevant if you want to play 2 games back to back against the same coach; if you intend to play 100 games back to back against the same coach, you'd need to play 900 games against different coaches first to be within "the accepted benchmark".

This is of course assuming my interpretation is correct. It might mean that playing the same coach back to back is always illegal and you must always have at least 9 games between the games, but then the rule is misformulated, because "1 in 10" is usually a statement of averages (nobody takes the statement that "1 in 10 dies of cancer" to mean that if you have found nine people who survived their cancer, the next cancer patient you find is doomed).
 Jump to: