59 coaches online • Server time: 00:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What next?
Tackle (to make him a defensive blitzer)
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Kick (to become my official kicker vs slower teams)
46%
 46%  [ 24 ]
Dump off (to increase the chances not to lose the ball on blitzes)
32%
 32%  [ 17 ]
Hail Mary (for fast counter-attacs)
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
Other (state below)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 52

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The Lavino Fighting Hellfishes Thrower passed untouched the 76spps mark.
He is now:
Sure Hands, Pass, Accurate, Strong Arm, Safe Throw, Block

What next?

Tackle, to make him a defensive blitzer? (he often IS in positiong to strike, cause I keep him in the rear)
Dump Off, to counter those annoying dauntless/horns Runners? (AG3 and one tackle zone, but better that just lose the ball)
Kick, to surprise my slower opponents? (I don't have a kicker atm, and the thrower is always in the right position to kick)
Anything else?

Post your thoughts!

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say Kick (since you dont have one Smile)
MrMojo

Kick is crucial and undervalued skill.

fire him and hope for one with more doubles? Smile

I would take kick or dirty player on him. only with Nerves of Steel is dump off really good in my opinion.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dump off is always a good choice. And so is kick. I'd take either one, it's just a matter of opinion which to take. There are better players to play defensive blitzers, just give tackle, shadowing and strip ball to your blitzer.
I might take dump off, and give kick to someone else. When you have dump off, you don't have to secure the ball carrier that much. If someone blitzes him, just dump the ball away. Just remember to keep few eligible targets available, so your opponent is having a hard time to take them all out.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh, i really think dump off is gonna make your offense a whola lot safer.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Im really fond of Dump Off myself also... not always it works, but then you got a fair chance to get the ball as far away from you oppo so he might not be able to get it:)
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick, Dump off, Hail Mary would be My choices...

Personaly ib be SERIOUSLY thinking about a 2nd thower i alwasy do this with my teams i have a offenceive and a defenceive thower, as having your main thower out there like that of i was on the offence ib be enganging that thower to try and KO, or worse to get him off pitch to effectivly remove your passing game... and when u are in defence u can have a surehands\pass thower that has block\tackle as built up skills, if you think about it your thower there has no NOS, or + AG. so hes no better than a normal thower tyring to pick up the ball anyways....food for thought????
Pau

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick since you will be using that skill more times than dump off or hail mary. Either that or tackle so he can do other stuff than just throwing the ball
Treefinger

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

With strong arm, accurate and safe throw, he is a good offensive thrower and should not be used when you are on the defensive (better to have another thrower for that). Therefore I'd actually give him hail Mary for when defenders have gotten past your guys and cornered your thrower deep down while your catcher with diving catch are in a scoring position.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Sparticus wrote:
Kick, Dump off, Hail Mary would be My choices...

Personaly ib be SERIOUSLY thinking about a 2nd thower i alwasy do this with my teams i have a offenceive and a defenceive thower, as having your main thower out there like that of i was on the offence ib be enganging that thower to try and KO, or worse to get him off pitch to effectivly remove your passing game... and when u are in defence u can have a surehands\pass thower that has block\tackle as built up skills, if you think about it your thower there has no NOS, or + AG. so hes no better than a normal thower tyring to pick up the ball anyways....food for thought????

I have two developed throwers in my team and I always use them BOTH on defence as well as on offence.

On offence, so that I never leave one thrower all alone in the backfield.
On defence, because a double sure hands is very useful.
I never really run out of throwers with my humans.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, I got kick.
thanks all.

Post 20 Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go for a P. Block as your team has not any. Stealing the ball makes a perfect turn over when the ball ends in thrower's arms.
On the other hand the skill would allow him to chase even the gutter runners. Placing in theirs TZs would not decrease his chance for an interception Wink while making it harder to catch the ball or forcing to make a dodge roll.

I hade a kicking thrower once in my human team. Since that time I think that Kick is a skill for a second line lino.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, kick was the right choice. Dump off is pretty unreliable on an AG3 team, especially without NOS. Hail Mary...well..if you're playing right, then your thrower shouldn't be getting stranded alone in the backfield. Tackle could be useful, but not as much as kick.
 Jump to: