74 coaches online • Server time: 20:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What I dont understand is how someone loses thier E-mail address. Can someone enliten me? I did read fire, but hows does that make one lose an address. The only address he lost was his actual house address, not his E-mail address. Am I being a total tard here? It doesnt make any sense.

Jeffro
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
have a solid point that the 'UNP' who brought up the transgression in the Forums in the first place was also very wrong to do so, and should have made a silent support ticket to report it, rather than dragging a coach's name though the mud in public.

I'm quite sure that the 'UNP' didn't drag the offenders name to public, and if s/he did, it was purely by ignorance and it was fixed within a few seconds.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ignorance has always been my favorit excuse Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The unnamed person that should never been spoken out; no it is not Cthulu, wrote:
CorporateSlave3 wrote:
have a solid point that the 'UNP' who brought up the transgression in the Forums in the first place was also very wrong to do so, and should have made a silent support ticket to report it, rather than dragging a coach's name though the mud in public.

I'm quite sure that the 'UNP' didn't drag the offenders name to public, and if s/he did, it was purely by ignorance and it was fixed within a few seconds.

In the first post, he didn't. But he gentely gave a link in his second or third Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules are rules.

Even so; I can imagine that you felt it was a bit harsh. I do too. I had a cheater drop from a game and he was dealt with in a less severe manner IMO.

Swallow hard, get over it and get on with fumbbl. Enjoy your stay. Just stay away from... [would be censored anyway] Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
What I dont understand is how someone loses thier E-mail address. Can someone enliten me? I did read fire, but hows does that make one lose an address. The only address he lost was his actual house address, not his E-mail address. Am I being a total tard here? It doesnt make any sense.

You can lose access to your email address if you change ISP's for instance. In my case I originally used my student address when I was a Uni, but once I graduated they shut the account down overnight before I has a chance to give everyone another address Evil or Very Mad
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Wallace wrote:
keggiemckill wrote:

You can lose access to your email address if you change ISP's for instance. In my case I originally used my student address when I was a Uni, but once I graduated they shut the account down overnight before I has a chance to give everyone another address Evil or Very Mad

That's just evil.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I um ... always have problems with stuff like this.

Points I'd like to make beforehand:

You should always abide by the rules - if you know you have to break them for some reason, tell someone first, they just might help you out.

But still - this is a forum, and anything that is discussed here should not be a cause for banning anyone. Freedom of speech and such is one thing, but no problem is ever resolved by punishing those who discuss it. Whats even more, when someone starts a discussion about someone elses lack of abiding by the rules - if anyone should be punished for that, it should be the one bringing such issues to the public forum, rather than where they belong.

Say no to censorship! Fight the vile oppressors! And stuff ...
peikko

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

And if you loose access to email address the only right thing to do is contact admins, not to create new account.
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Soaren.

In your last post you say that it is not the point that you got banned for a moment for breaking the rules. Since the person who posted the original issue on the forums was quickly told that he should have put in a support ticket and not posted in the forums I don't really see why you appear angry.

As CS3 says. Chalk it down to experience. If people see something odd in gameplay then by all means ask if it is legal in forums but only name names in support tickets.

I'm sure in the long run no-one cares so I hope you can go back to enjoying the game with no bad memories.
 Jump to: