51 coaches online • Server time: 00:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nin

Post 12 Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfair, brocken, cherrypickers, foulers, "I don't play bashers", killer teams, whinners... I've read lots about all this here and I'm quite new. So I'm going to point out another point of view (I'm sure it's not new, but worth noticing imo)
This is a thread about fantasy (at least that's what I mean)

There are proud elven teams that only play other elves because of pride,"They are the only worthy oponents".
Prouder teams do that out of cowardice (the tall figure of an elven prince against the Sun, not a single crack in his armor, perfect smyles don't endure orcs Smile )
Some elves have another concept of pride and play everithing (because they are better), and live shorter lives Twisted Evil

There are "nice" Chaos teams playing bloodbolw (?).. Who believes that?, "now woody you don't have your bow, so lets carnage you... but I don't mind losing Smile"
I can almost see the goblin manager trying to convince someone that the three declarated foulers (DP) in his team are just missunderstood ("they had a hard live, poor they are... blame society")
... and coaches stallking the open tournaments, searching for easy matches aren't out of fluf Wink

Bloodbowl here seems to be just like it would be... were it not a fantasy game (not as it should that doen't mean, imo again).
I really prefer bloodbowl to chess.

Examles of fluf are more than wellcome.

By the way 100 post Very Happy
darkside2er

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2005 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go into lots of detail on my human team, but the bio is being updated regularly with the team captains thoughts. the "Erengard Ravens" are an ex-amateur team playing in their first season in the pro-circuits. anxious to prove their worth they bit of more than they could chew, losing their ogre in their second game to wood elves (????). however they drive on with typical human determination, and are starting to acquit themselves well. with a little luck, the next few games will by them another catcher and maybe a replacement ogre, and they can start to excel. i have high hopes for my little guys, they are the archetypal underdog after all
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

one at least, thanks, may have been worse.
I know that flames make for longer threads but, as I wanted my 100th Smile post to be positive, about the feeling of Bloodbowl, and how the most "horryd crimes" of this site, like Cherrypicking, are perfectly in the fluf of the game I'll make another try:

There is a group with the sole purpose of smiting a race, E.M.U., with an evil overlord, and they are really something you can expect in Bloodbowl world. I must say that, playing elves myself, I really like this group. Twisted Evil

There is also another group, E.L.F., with very good intentions, but founded because elven teams don't usually play bashers, wich is sad... and this is my favourite group, really funny to play against everithing and getting points for having fun Laughing

...thanks to the big bad guys here that meke an effort to make this site more as Bloodbowl feels like (and less as it should be to be fair Embarassed like chess)[/url]
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2005 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: double post hehe
 Jump to: