36 coaches online • Server time: 11:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My buddies and I are having a nice league in a town near Barcelona (Spain) and to be honest we grew a bit bored with the standard star players so we commited to design new ones (the cost for them to play in our teams is the thing we do not agree yet). I'd like to post them and hear of your oppinions, and lately vote your favorite when all of them are posted Smile.

Choose wisely cause I have to fully customize a figure to make the winning star player! XD
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you play lrb4 og lrb5 rules? Cause there is a lot of new stars in lrb5
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Here comes the first one!

Correction!

Fat Mardiggan's creator is not willing to let him enter the contest and he designed Mayor Mardiggan as his substitute)

Name: Mayor Mardiggan
Race: Human
Teams played for: Capital kneecapers

stats: ma 5 st 4 ag 2 av 8
skills: Block, Mighty blow, Pro, Leader

History: Former blood bowl player and now mayor by his own rights he is about to confront a new rival for the mayor seat who is not also younger but handsome and better prepared than him. The only way to gain enough popularity to get the pre-election polls just right and to get some cash to fund propaganda seems to go back to the pitch and smash some heads. So far he enjoys the game so much he might keep playing for fun (and cash).

Special: any team hiring Mayor Mardiggan gets a +2 bonus to the Fan factor for the game. That gain tho is not for free and after the game the team loses 3d6x1000 gp of its overall winnings (and no there is no way to get the Mayor related to that filthy act!)

stats: ma 5 st 5 ag 2 av 8
skills: Block, Mighty blow, Dirty player, Piling on

History: As a quite tall and strong Lineman he began his career for the kneecapers at a very young age and played for two full seasons, then disaster stroke, at a game against the Tooth Brutz he got smashed almost to death and when he finally managed to get back to the field he got tripped and kicked by a bunch of dirty playing goblins (from whom he had learnt all of his dirty tricks and counting!). He had to be on semi-retirement for almost two years and added a lot of fat to his body due to the lack of exercise becoming a huge heap of grease and slowness. His coach just had him play in the middle of the line just to get rid of him. But for the surprise of all, the sheer mass of Mardiggan made him an unstopable machine of bonecrunching. From then he became the leading star of the kneecapers and the people goes to their games jus to see him play and develop brutality at its purest! He keeps the kneecapers record of casualties in a game with 6 dead opponents and a team buddy knocked out. Just go see him roll!

Last edited by coalheart on %b %16, %2007 - %00:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Skeloboy wrote:
Do you play lrb4 og lrb5 rules? Cause there is a lot of new stars in lrb5

LR4, and soon changing to LR5, but we thought it would be fun to make this kinda contest Smile
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Here comes the second challenger!

Correction! Fourteen has been entirely discarded by its creator

Menefer the Old is his substitute!

Name: Menefer the Old
Race: Mummy
Teams played for: We call dibs on your spleen

stats: ma 4 st 5 ag 1 av 10
skills: Mighty blow, regenerate, block, tackle, tentacles, leader

History: Being and old mummy from ages past is not easy, ruling over mindless undead in the sands of the land of the dead is not exactly what you will call a paradise... Even if you can do that trick with your bandages you kickly grow bored. Every once in a while news from the so called Old world reaches your court and with them you learn about a game you heard about when you were young and alive. That would be a good laugh if you get to play with something more alive than your servants!

Note: the tentacles trait here represents his magically animated bandages wich he can use at will.

Name: Fourteen
Race: Zombie
Teams played for: We call dibs on your spleen

stats: ma 4 st 4 ag 2 av 8
skills: Block, tackle, mighty blow, guard, stand firm

History: Fourteen had another name some years ago, he was living in a continous succes and his team was on a winning spree, and then his head was removed from over his shoulders by a well placed mino punch. The body was sold by the nice sum of 30k gold pieces to Hector the Gloom, who was purchasing materials to get a blood bowl team running. By an extrange chance of destiny this may be the first raised player who kept almost all skill after dying and being raised maybe due to the short time between the two facts occured. Nowadays Fourteen (as he is know by the fans) is a serious difficulty for the poor linemen who stand on the line.

Last edited by coalheart on %b %15, %2007 - %23:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Now introducing the amazon star

Name: Linda Big
Race: Amazon
Teams played for: Bruising sisters

stats: ma 7 st 4 ag 3 av 7
skills: Block, dodge, Break Tackle, Pass block, Tackle, Diving tackle

Correction

Break tackle is no more for linda, Strip ball comes in to substitute it

History: Linda is, well, BIG. She's taller than most of his human rivals and all of his fellow players. Her utter bigness does not make her clumsy in any way and is the top defensive player on the sisters' lineup. She's secretive about his life and tastes but on the pitch she concentrates on letting no one across. One of the top plays in her career is remembered with a mix of awe and fear by all those who were there to see Linda recover the ball from a Dark elf witch. The fact is she got the ball as well as her victim's right arm with it.

---------------------------

More players later, when I receive the last 3 from my buddies, till then, here ya have some!

Last edited by coalheart on %b %15, %2007 - %17:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Just received another one, only two left!

Name: Erik Giantsblood
Race: Norse
Teams played for: Iced balls

stats: ma 6 st 6 ag 3 av 7
skills: Block, Frenzy, Mighty blow, Multiple block

Correction

stats are finally ma 6 st 6 ag 2 av 8

History: Erik's history is a bit strange. Being found in the snow by the man who is now his adoptive father and trainer when he was but a baby he was raised to be a natural player but what was not expected was his abnormal growth up to 8 and a half feet! He lacks the agility to jump around like norse blitzers but he makes it up by simple and brute strenght. He's simply no ball player but he can score as well as get rid of his opponents with ease. They don't usually let him pass because every once in a while the ball hits the crowd and some casualties occur.

Last edited by coalheart on %b %15, %2007 - %17:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

One more for the crowd!

Name: Lil' Ben
Race: Goblin
Teams played for: Tooth Brutz

stats: ma 7 st 2 ag 4 av 7
skills: Dodge, stunty, right stuff, catch, sprint, sure feet

History: Ben is one of the Brutz's smallest players due to the fact he's the only goblin on this orcish team. He's small but sure the lil' bastard is fast and the main source for TD's for his team. He's also protected by the Black orcs because the best "zmelling pizza with halfling bits". The most notable fact about his career is that he managed an ogre fall due to the dizzynes of following him run around.

Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

There is already a Mardiggan: Mighty Zug. I don't like his bio anyway, and he is just too much like Zug.

Fourteen is silly. He's like a Zombie who got lucky with skill rolls. Again, bio could use some work.

Again, Linda Big seems like a Blitzer who got some good skill rolls. Her bio is odd too... However, she is my favortie one at the moment.

Were these characters part of your league? Are their teams in your league? The original Star Players such as Griff Oberwald and company were based off of players who had actually gotten some good skill rolls when the game was first being tested. So, they sorta did exist, but I assume their skills were enhanced for the purpose of them becoming Star Players. It seems to me that you have done the same thing.

LRB 5 Stars are much more interesting and plentiful. But also, they all have something in common, that is they are different. They all have a unique thing about them which enhances any team:

Varag Ghoul-Chewer: Jump Up on St 4. Not to mention Leader and Pro.
Prince Moranion: Can take on any player with ST 4 and Dauntless
Hakflem Skuttlespike: Has 3 mutations that normally wouldn't be taken (without Block).
Griff Oberwald: ST 4, AG 4, Leap, Blodge, Sure Feet, Sprint says it all that he is a truly unique character.
Jordell Freshbreeze: AG 5 makes him super cage buster while Diving Catch makes him super reciever.
Not to mention many of the Star Players are secret weapons (which you can probably have a lot of fun creating).

My point is that your players seem too generic. I would expect any Zombie to take the skill order that you have chosen (except SF which can't be taken by a Zombie). Linda Big is the closest to being a real star, but she still needs some revisions. A player with ST 4, AG 3 and Dodge normally doesn't have BT, which to me seems useless.

Well, I don't mean to flame you too much. I think creating more stars is a fun idea. I would like to come up with a new secret weapon myself (for all the alleged cheating in Blood Bowl, I don't think there are enough Secret Weapons!).

Good luck, and keep them up. If you get them refined here, they could be really cool and workable in your league.

That means you.
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

And finally the last player, he was still rooted...

Name: Oak Guts
Race: Treeman
Teams played for: West Wind

stats: ma 3 st 7 ag 2 av 10
skills: Mighty Blow, Stand firm, Thick skull, big guy, Take root, throw team mate, block, tackle, multiple block

Correction

Oak guts stats and skills are now as follows

Race: Treeman
Teams played for: West Wind

stats: ma 3 st 6 ag 2 av 10
skills: Mighty Blow, Stand firm, Thick skull, big guy, Take root, throw team mate, block, sure hands, Pro

History in short: He was rooted deep inside the forest taking the trees good life. And suddenly he received mental images of the blood bowl network. Now he plays every game he can no matter the team (that is if they're wood elves or halflings!). He usually shouts when he hits an opponent things like "thake this back" or "where's your axe now?".

Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops. I didn't see the last two in time.

Erik Giansblood: ST 6 with AG 3 is WAY TOO BROKEN! If he gets the ball, it will be VERY difficult to stop him. Consider making him AG 2 or less, or perhaps less ST. Rember, he has more strength than a rookie Big Guy (except Treemen), which is a little much I must say.

I like Lil' Ben too. However, he seems too much like a Skink. I'd say MA 7, so he has 10 points of MA overall, but retains some of his Gobbo-y-ness. However, I like him the most so far, but Linda Big is a close second for actual playable players.

That means you.
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Oblitzamanger wrote:
Good luck, and keep them up. If you get them refined here, they could be really cool and workable in your league.

Well, most of them are based on players on our teams, but me and a friend are not participating, just waiting for a winner to make a new figure for him. Just for fun Smile

It would be fun to see one of them playing in RL BB...

The thing we just need now is, how much would you pay for having them in your team? We did not yet agree on that point XD.

Anyway, thanks for your oppinion lad.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahem... Morg anyone, st6 ag3 also...
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

And once again I'm too slow for the last one!

Oak Guts is basically a better version of Deeproot Strongbranch. Just like Mardiggan, he's too much like another star. Also, his bio is odd.

I think that Erik, Oak Guts, and Fourteen need to have some serious revisions, as the first two are unplayable and Fourteen is just a powered up Lineman.
As for Mardiggan, he needs to be deleted probably as he is just too similar to Zug.
For Oak Guts, take a different route with him since Deeproot already has ST 7 and other skills. Maybe give him AG 3 and keep MA 3. Maybe even Accurate for Flings and for COMPs, if you dare with a Treeman!

I'd make Oak Guts something like this:

Stats: MA 3, ST 6, AG 3, AV 10
Skills: Stand Firm, Mighty Blow, Throw Team Mate, Thick Skull, Accurate, Take Root, Pro

I don't think that would be broken since with MA 3, it is highly unlikely that he will score with Take Root, even if he does have Pro to prevent it sometimes. Also, it would take one tight cage to protect him while he slowly trods upfield, something that Flings and Woodies can't do very well.

Well, I think you get my drift. He's be unusual since Treemen don't normally have AG 3 or Accurate, but he'd still be useful.

I'll try to think of a secret weapon now...

That means you.
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
Ahem... Morg anyone, st6 ag3 also...

Aha! But that is why Morg is so coveted, because he is the one and only player who is that incredible! There can be only one player like that, but he already exists, and his name brings fear into the hearts of all those who play him...

coalheart: I would not play these Stars! Most of them are not playable or already exist in another form. Don't worry about prices until they are playable.

Also, if you are going to create stars, you need to create enough so that each race has access to at least one new one.

That means you.
 Jump to: