35 coaches online • Server time: 04:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

thaks oblitz, I'm just copypasting the oppinions of you all and mailing them the player designers, maybe we'll have some redesigned players back, but at the moment I shalld discuss that point with my fellow modeller ^^. Keep in mind, the favourite gets to have a nice figure to play him! Very Happy

Coalheart's Blood bowl lair!
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously, give the LRB 5 stars a chance, because they bring a whole new dimension to the game.

Now for a new secret weapon. We have Ball and Chain, Stab, Pogo Stick, Blunderbuss, Bomb, Chainsaw.. What are we missing?

That means you.
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Caltrops

coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, the "owner" of Erik finally considered the whole thing and decided to change as follows

st stays at 6

ag drops to 2

av increases to keep Erik a bit more on the field

There is also a change in Linda big

on second though her "owner" decided to change "break tackle" for "strip ball"

They will not be allowed any major change but this ones seem reasonable!

SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Landmine!

The gobbo drops it during his movement, using his AG to set it. If he succeeds his AG roll he can continue moving, else he takes so long to set it, he has to remain on the square.

Begging of next turn the mine explodes on a 5+, potentially giving the opposing players time to flee. Every turn thereafter the roll receives a +1 to the die, ergo, if the gobbo failed his Ag roll then he'll explode 50% of the time assuming it didn't explode last turn.

The mine explodes as per a bomb.

Also, with stunty he could potentially dodge into some nice areas.

Tweak, destroy as required. Very Happy
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

New Weapon: Greaseball. Can be used in place of a block. Roll 2D6, if number is greater than opponents AG, opponent suffers -1 penalty to dice rolls for Pass, Pick up, Catch, and Go For it. If opponent affected by greaseball trips (dodging or Going for it), place him prone in the square he was attempting to move to, and then move the prone player one square further as if pushed back. Effects remain until TD is scored or half ends.

What do you think?

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Lawnmower:

Gobbo needs to make an AG roll to start it.

If the motor is running, at the beginning of every turn roll an AG test, if he fails the mower drags him over the field, the opposing coach may use the throwin template to determine the gobos movement. Any standing player he hits prevents his movement (he continues to move if he has MA left though), any prone player that is hit is treated as per the foul action, below.

If the AG roll succeeds the Gobo may move as usual. A Gobbo that controlled the mower may declare a foul action – this is counted as the team’s foul action.

Foul Action.
Every prone player the gobbo passes over during his move receives an immediate armour roll at +2 (no assists), the gobbo may not end his turn on an opposing player and is still subject to tackles.

... I'm sure you understand. Smile
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

whoops, I'd have to ask if you can comment the players posted and add your useful comments...

I'd like to know if I get to build the figure of one of this nasties XD

I'm sure you'll understand Smile

gixmo

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

well, talking about stars.. i have to talk about one i had in the first league i played here... dunno if its official or was created by us (those days i had no much idea about all stuff around BB)
dwarf blitzer 6 4 3 10 block, thick skull, stand firm, jump up, guard, frenzy
i loved him!!!!!!!!!! also known as "the boring guy" (literally translation)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, well, my comment amounts to: I agree with Oblitz, they can't be "that other guy but with..." or "The player I would most want to have". So I say, give them somethign really new, like a greaseball. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

about the grease: rename it Macavity's Spam, and its all set.
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Throwing Knives! Make a pass action with an additional -1 to hit to a player, they have to take an armor roll at -2.

But you made up the reasons to fight
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

coalheart: Make a poll and stick it in your Thread. I personally like Linda the best (1 vote for her). Erik I think is still overpowered. And what about the Treeman stats I created?

That means you.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't they have rules for spiked balls back in 2nd edition that you had to test to catch safely or could throw in opponenets faces?

How about allowing more of the exisiting secret weapons for other races aside from Goblins and Dwarfs.

Censer bearers as fanatics, humans with bombs etc...

I was wanting to make a Dwarf Warhammers team for my league in along the lines of goblins in LRB5 with doomseekers following the rules for fanatics, and adding chainsaws, the bazuka and bombs to the deathroller.
More fun than hiring Flint or Barik every game

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to see a spiked ball come back. If you can't score with it, use it as a weapon to behead an opponent!

And every race has really good access to almost every secret weapon in LRB 5, as long as you are playing TV up. All but Elves get a Chainsaw, Skaven Chaos Dwarves and Lizardmen get Stab, Orcs get a Bomb, and Chaos Dwarves and Dwarves get a Blunderbuss. That's plenty to go around.

That means you.
 Jump to: