18 coaches online • Server time: 07:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ashotinthearm

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2007 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

yes.. i'd love pete's place. team all lined up and everything!
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2007 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

ashotinthearm wrote:
yes.. i'd love pete's place. team all lined up and everything!

I swapped the teams.

Thx shot - and good luck!

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The Calcutta cup match finishes with a lucky 2-1 victory for the scots. After an amazing solo run from Andy Farrell had levelled the scores half way through the second half the scots had to rely on the crowds help to shift the ball the whole length of the pitch before Nathan Hines could make a spectacular diving catch leaving him to run the winning TD.

But the highlight of the match
(1) Johnny Wilkinson trips and falls trying to go for it!
Move ended for Johnny Wilkinson
England, Merry England: All players have moved.
(2, 6) + 0, (5, 5) + 0, 6: Johnny Wilkinson has been KILLED!!
Lenny

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2007 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ireland's Call 2-1 WRU

WRU started well, an early score by Chris Cjekaz after typical Welsh fingertip backplay was cancelled late in the half by a score from Peter Stringer after a long, grinding play involving both forwards and backs.
The second half opened with the Irish driving forward with many different players protecting the ball carrier. Eventually an excellent pass by Ronan O'Gara found Andrew Trimble to score in the corner. Ireland had to desperately defend the line as the WRU came forward with the ball. A poor pass allowed the Irish to surround the ball long enough to hold out for the victory.
ashotinthearm

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2007 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

so it looks like life may actually start to imitate art/blood bowl with johnny possibly out of the game against ireland.

not dead though, just suffering muscle tension..

the scotland game was excellent fun, and the boys fought damn hard - farrell especially. his battling run through wave after wave of scottish backs/longbeards was nothing less than heroic, and his two dice against take down of the scottish ball carrier was quite perfect... except for the damn ball going out, flying half the length of the pitch, and ending up in a dwarf blitzers hands. other than that, it was spot on...
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2007 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The WRU continue to mirror their counterparts. Can't tackle, can't pass, keep knocking on.

Scotland had all the ball and made in count Ryan Jones made a heroic cover tyackle in the second half but knocked on trying to recover the ball. Jamie Robinson continue's to fall over ever block, missing a tackle in the first half allowed Scotland to walk the ball in.

Peel might have been able to try out his new skill if his forwards had got the ball at any point.

Like here in Wales the fans have got restless and we need a result in France.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2007 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

magan174 wrote:
Well Im a Swede so I cant play. But man have we waited for 6-Nations to kick off. Do you think the teams are going to cover up on the form and playing style before the World Cup?

And the most important thing. Wich team will be second after the Irish?! Come on Sweet Molly Malone!

OMG! What a day. First a great training, playing touch in the snow, later on some sauna and then we hit the pub. Seing Italy loosing their away virginity (3 drunk Italianos sang O Sole Mio at the end) and later on see the army in green dominating the Lions. Brought a whip and a chair on the pitch! Ronan the barbarian kicked for points and the rest of the Irish team dominating all over the pitch. Where were you Mrs Robinson?

Tuuut tuuut! Come on Ireland, all the way!
ashotinthearm

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2007 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, so the italy game turned into a truly ludicrous draw. phil vickery the minotaur was smashed in the first turn, and then what followed was a scabbling maelstrom which gradually saw brit after brit limp off the pitch, soon scoring became a dream and all i could do was watch mike tindall fight too butch beastmen on the try line to prevent the enlgish losing to italy at twickenham...

in other news, shane gerghty has been drafted in to replace the injured/dead johnny. hopefully the fact that he played for ireland once will mean that he's part orc...
ashotinthearm

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

so is this tournament dead. i know people are being held up because of the playing order... it would be nice to finish though. perhaps we should start playing out of turn?
 Jump to: