31 coaches online • Server time: 14:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Prasomchai wrote:
Since the turn limit is up for evaluation, if lots of coaches avoid Ranked during that period then surely the trial will fail?

Your best bet then, if you dislike the ruling, is not to play Ranked until a final decision is made.

A fair suggestion, it only comes with one small problem.

Someone suggests not playing ranked to show our unhappiness. Christer tells us to stop
Quote:
acting like babies

so, we try to comminicate in forums + chat how and why we dislike things, and we are told by other admin (paraphrasing here)
Quote:
Like it or leave

So, if we try to help the functioning of the site and increase the enjoyment of players by discouraging a very bad rule, we are both given the 'if you dont like it leave' card, and at the same time told if we actually dislike it enough to not play we are immature.

That the coaches affected most are the oldest most mature people here is a kind of sad irony. Once again a change is dumped on us, and we are criticised whichever way we express our dislike. That is why people are perhaps not optimistic about it being 'tested'

Brit.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Prasomchai wrote:
Since the turn limit is up for evaluation, if lots of coaches avoid Ranked during that period then surely the trial will fail?

Your best bet then, if you dislike the ruling, is not to play Ranked until a final decision is made.

Someone suggests not playing ranked to show our unhappiness. Christer tells us to stop
Quote:
acting like babies

Another point: If people that don´t like the rule (those who think RL will interfere some time) won´t play, there will be no examples of 4-min-rule destroying a game delivered and thus it might stay here.
So, actually, you should play, and link all your games with a comment to how many players actions you lost, or how often you did have to do a reload.
Sadly, people like me will not go through the extra stress provided with this rule when they want a relaxed game with option of jumping up and running to the child as quickly as possible. So, I fear, these data will be missing...
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
Another point: If people that don´t like the rule (those who think RL will interfere some time) won´t play, there will be no examples of 4-min-rule destroying a game delivered and thus it might stay here.
So, actually, you should play, and link all your games with a comment to how many players actions you lost, or how often you did have to do a reload.
Sadly, people like me will not go through the extra stress provided with this rule when they want a relaxed game with option of jumping up and running to the child as quickly as possible. So, I fear, these data will be missing...
Exactly
Onvista

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I missed the chat in the game... always one eye on the clock doesnt help to get a good in-game chat... it was a rather one-sided match and i would have liked to type more than i did... so i dont like the new rule.

For tourneys it is fine for me but not on the standard game.
pac

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow - leave the forums to simmer for 12 hours and I come back to one thread going to 9 pages (locked) and a new one to 11! Nice work everyone! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm i dont know if someone has posted this earlier. To many pags to read. But when i was eating dinner and being that BB nerd most of us are i couldnt help to stop thinking about this. I did a fast calculatng. 32 turns per game (not counting set up or kick off table). 32*4 min = 128 min=a bit over 2h. Then i realise this shouldnt be a big deal then. I cant remember the last time I played a 2h game ?
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

watch yourself there magan...

apparently, the way some people talk, every coach on here plays 4+ minute turns, so everyone is having 2+ hour games....

wonder how that happened Wink

--j

ImageImage
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

As i said in chat, on more than one occasion i have had my real life inconvenienced by a coach that takes longer than 4 minutes per turn. Does that not count for something. I once had a Smack go on for over 6 hours, which meant i had to cancel a night out so that i didn't get banned form future smacks. I can also point to a game that i conceded due to it taking too long, that is a whole game lost from a slow coach, not just 1 turn.

So basically as it was i was being punished, although i was playing within the rules, and my opponent wasn't.

And please remember it is possible to reload a turn from the beginning. Not many coaches on Fumbbl are that desperate to win games that, if you have had a real emergency, they would be unwilling to let you play the turn again, this time under 4 minutes. Christer confirmed that this is allowed, as long as the actions that took place before the emergency occured are repeated, as it states in the rules. So if you cat does suddenly set itself on fire, or your child starts trying to jump out of the window, just explain the situation to your opponent, and i am sure it will all be ok.
Erod

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to say that I support the addition of the 4 minute rule. There really should not be any problems with it, as games usually progress fast enough to go well under 4 minutes per turn EVEN WITH chatting and the occasional visit to the fridge.
def909

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

magan174 wrote:
Hmmm i dont know if someone has posted this earlier. To many pags to read. But when i was eating dinner and being that BB nerd most of us are i couldnt help to stop thinking about this. I did a fast calculatng. 32 turns per game (not counting set up or kick off table). 32*4 min = 128 min=a bit over 2h. Then i realise this shouldnt be a big deal then. I cant remember the last time I played a 2h game ?

The only 2+ hours games I ever played were tabletop games. When I started playing here, I often took 4 mins for a turn but nowadays most of my games don´t take longer than an hour...

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
Britnoth wrote:
Prasomchai wrote:

Quote:
acting like babies

So, actually, you should play, and link all your games with a comment to how many players actions you lost, or how often you did have to do a reload...

You forget that the problem is if it's on a long run... We'll not loose time cause of RL at EVERY game, but when it happens it's not funny.
On my side, i havent mouse for the moment and it's hard to play in 4 minutes without it. For guys in my case (that's rare) or for guys who learn the game or chat a lot during the game, it's a difficult problem to resolve.
I think Christer had to make a survey BEFORE choosing to conflict us to the problem letin us try to see if we can play with the rule.
IMO, Christer has to remove the rule for all the reasons explained by everybody who dont like the rule... It makes more problems that it will resolve. The coachs playing slow are very rare, it's a marginal problem, we havent to aplly the 4min rule for 1/100 match/coach concerned.
def909

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
As i said in chat, on more than one occasion i have had my real life inconvenienced by a coach that takes longer than 4 minutes per turn.

You played 1200+ games, so even if that happened in 10 or 20 games it´s still just a tiny fraction of the games you played.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

well i've been a very vocal person against this rule, so yeah it's my turn...i haven't read this thread from top to bottom before responding, so i'll hit on points as i come across them...and if i make a point that's already been made....tough...deal with it

shadow46x2 wrote:

correct me if i'm wrong....but this issue with coaches taking more than 4 minutes, is a minimal issue right?...

at least i've seen little to no proof that there is an epidemic of slow playing coaches around....

Your points are either unclear or I'm misunderstanding, because it seems to me as though you are rather ambivalent about the rule (other than you disagree with someone's opinion that the site "needs" it). I mean... if it's a minimal issue, what's the big deal? Razz Why don't we just give it some time and see what happens?

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
watch yourself there magan...

apparently, the way some people talk, every coach on here plays 4+ minute turns, so everyone is having 2+ hour games....

wonder how that happened Wink

--j

We generally play 2 mins a turn, 2x32 = 64, aound an hour.
But the problem is to do not play more than 4 minutes during one or 2 turns in all the game.
I play fast (when i have a mouse), around 1 min a turn, but some turns i need more than 4 minutes for reasons explained by other coachs, RL for example.
But may be you cant deduce it, you only think the rule is nice and you only want to understand that some coachs play 4 minutes at EVERY turn...
stupid deducing of you
Russo

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2007 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Hunter....lets all settle down and play BloodBowl and see what happens

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
 Jump to: