40 coaches online • Server time: 00:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2007 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Unranked (Rules)
The unranked division is the recreational division of FUMBBL. This is the home for coaches who feels they are better off without the competetive aspect of Ranked, but feel they have outgrown Academy.

That's from the team creation page. I don't like it. For once for spelling errors, but much more so for content.

My suggestion:

The unranked division is the recreational division of FUMBBL. This is the place for coaches that don't want to focus on playing competitively only. There is no Coach Ranking and no Timelimit in this division.

I also think that the fact that there is a turn time limit in ranked in place should be mentioned in the description of ranked. Suggestions/Opinions?

-Mnemon
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2007 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree
erzkanzler

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2007 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Seconded. Albeit I would encourage even more specific descriptions. And positive traits - not just negtraits, making [U] a place for people who abhore certain factors (no CR, no time limit) but rather for people who DO enjoy certain aspects of this particular league. We need to make up our minds what the generally accepted traits of [U] should be though.

I am still not quite clear whether Christer aims at having [U] become the top roster for gamefinder (like [R] used to be) or whether [U], [R] and [L] are supposed to be on par when it comes to finding games. I think that [R] might be the place to look for hardcore games only anytime, [U] for finding any kind of game any time (players discretion) and [L] for tourney buildup games/tourneys only. I would love to see some endorsement of "socializing" features for [U] though, to promote the recreational aspect of the league. Something like Fluff and socializing awards that can only be gained in [U] perhaps.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2007 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

erzkanzler wrote:
I would love to see some endorsement of "socializing" features for [U] though, to promote the recreational aspect of the league. Something like Fluff and socializing awards that can only be gained in [U] perhaps.

Do you mean awards like adept goblin fluffer or addict orc socializer?

erzkanzler

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2007 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

@vanGorn:
You can have quantitative awards - like a threshold of game reports uploaded (and have them count for [U] only, making it "adept game commentator") or qualitative awards that can be voted upon by the [U] community - like most Macavity like ingame behavior (whatever that means, but it shows up in polls everywhere...).
I personally would like to see an endorsement of awards from which I can deduce playstile (and socializing skills) of a coach. Thereby people who take care to be good sports and fun to play against are rewarded with acknowledgement of their efforts, and I might base my decision against what team to play on gamefinder on the certified info about the coach as well. I'd take a beating with my elves vs a funny guy playing the all DP Chaos team over a soft match vs a dull coach any day.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2007 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

erzkanzler wrote:
Thereby people who take care to be good sports and fun to play against are rewarded with acknowledgement of their efforts

Thank God, those who play this game for fun don't need to be "rewarded for their efforts"... Fun and the chance to socialize are prizes of their own.
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2007 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Quote:
Unranked (Rules)
The unranked division is the recreational division of FUMBBL. This is the home for coaches who feels they are better off without the competetive aspect of Ranked, but feel they have outgrown Academy.

That's from the team creation page. I don't like it. For once for spelling errors, but much more so for content.

My suggestion:

The unranked division is the recreational division of FUMBBL. This is the place for coaches that don't want to focus on playing competitively only. There is no Coach Ranking and no Timelimit in this division.

I also think that the fact that there is a turn time limit in ranked in place should be mentioned in the description of ranked. Suggestions/Opinions?

-Mnemon

My suggestion:

The unranked division is the dead teams division of FUMBBL. This is the place for coaches that don't want to play. There is no Coach Ranking, no lfging and no Timelimit in this division.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2007 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the thing is I know you do play for fun. Or at least pretend to be. But you're all over the place Jan. And you have this particular renowned attitude. Some might go so far as to say fame. So if I get the chance I would love to play you and have your light shine on me.
But for the mere mortals on this page, to ever reach such level of spiritual elevation seems outright impossible.
Damn it, what I mean to say is: I want to be JanMattys too. And it want it certified and proven beyond the realms of doubt. And without having to bother putting as much time into becoming JanMattys as he did too.
And I also want my adept 16turn fouler award. And my outrageously adept cherry picker award...

OK, I am quite happy I can occasionally have fun and the chance to socialize.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2007 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

erzkanzler wrote:
Well, the thing is I know you do play for fun. Or at least pretend to be. But you're all over the place Jan. And you have this particular renowned attitude. Some might go so far as to say fame. So if I get the chance I would love to play you and have your light shine on me.
But for the mere mortals on this page, to ever reach such level of spiritual elevation seems outright impossible.
Damn it, what I mean to say is: I want to be JanMattys too. And it want it certified and proven beyond the realms of doubt. And without having to bother putting as much time into becoming JanMattys as he did too.
And I also want my adept 16turn fouler award. And my outrageously adept cherry picker award...

OK, I am quite happy I can occasionally have fun and the chance to socialize.

You missed my point.
My post was not an advertisement post about myself... What I meant was that those who do play for fun logicaly should not care much about Awards stating that they do. They have no problem finding games, they are "proud" of the way they take the game without any further need for awards. Assuming we talk about "playing for fun and for socialization" as opposed to "playing to be brutally competitive without any care for the opponent ingame or inchat game experience" (both are extreme cases, anyway), it's something not related to numbers in any way. That's why I think awards should only be game-related (i.e. completions, tds, fouls, blocks and so on).

ps: as for my supposed "fame", it's all because I'm a spammer, and not due to my ingame attitude. If you want to be a JanMattys, start flooding the forums with nonsense. Very Happy No skill involved.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2007 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally will never create a U team. I don't think there is any need for this division. If I want to play for fun, I'll create a L team. Then if I take a fancy to them or if I find a new league that is looking for teams, I have the ability to join with them.

Div U restricts that ability.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2007 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I transfered some of my division L teams to division U, but am still not very convinced that new unranked will prosper.
I will keep them there for some more weeks as an experiment.
At the moment I suppose that they will return to League.
But if we don't give it a chance and have a shot at it, how will we ever know? Question

Istarios

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2007 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like one of them Fluffy Goblin Awards...
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2007 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
I transfered some of my division L teams to division U, but am still not very convinced that new unranked will prosper.
I will keep them there for some more weeks as an experiment.
At the moment I suppose that they will return to League.
But if we don't give it a chance and have a shot at it, how will we ever know? Question

I already had 2 U-games. Wink
cheer!!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2007 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I already had four!
Go me!

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2007 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I already had four!
Go me!

grrrrr
Laughing Laughing

tonight.... if there will be an opponent.
 Jump to: