37 coaches online • Server time: 13:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2007 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been contacted by the Christer, and have been told he does not want any meta groups in the Fumbbl ranked Div. This effects Grave Danger because the group only plays Deadie teams and only allows teams that are not dead. I have narrowed it down to 3 choices given to me, that we can do:

1- Disband.
2- Change the group to the [L] division.
3- Allow teams to play who they want, when they want.

Choice 1, and 2 are not what I want to do, but because of 3 I dont have many options. I dont have the time to sive out the games between Deadie and non deadie teams and give out the points. So point 3 will be hard to keep a line on. It was deffinetly easier to count the points by just going to the teams front page and using a calculator. Not many options like I said.

EMU doesnt allow elf teams in thier group so that shouldnt be the problem unless they are haveing to do the same thing and change thier membership rules. I have seen other groups that have strict rules, like No Block, and No niggles. Other groups like EMU also only give points to Elf teams. I have seen a group that only plays Khemri, with Goblins teams. I think they are great and must be fun for the members. I imagine that we are not the only group being pursued, by this rule.

There is no point to choice 2, and would realy result into point 1. Mainly because we would get less games than now.

I am hoping for the members advice on the matter. Either post here or pm me, with any ideas. To be honest, I really dont see the problem with the league. Anyone can get out at any time, and play who they want. We never forced anyone to join the group, and we dont force coaches to adhear to our rules. We just dont accept them being part of the group. Its like a guy wearing a parka at a nudist colony. They are asked to either remove the parka, or get booted. Just like us. I never thought fumbbl would take away choice from the members here. Not just on this group but everyone here on fumbbl. I find the whole thing silly, and adjust. So for now Grave Danger is on Pause mode.

All in All Grave Danger was only started because we wished to have a little fun playing the unpersued. The Khemri coaches complaining about not being able to get games. The Undead coaches that were avoided for having sidestep Mummies. The Vampire teams for..... well who really avoids the Vamps. Anyways the group will be changed as soon as we have a better idea on how to go on with a fun league like Grave Danger in the perameters of Fumbbl.

For anyone wishing to see the group:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4073

Jeffro
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2007 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

May i propose a change to your group that will retain its goal and more importantly..... fit within Ranked:

First of all..... the main issue seems to be forcing people to ONLY play against dead teams. Ranked should never force people to play certain teams. The Bone Drive you mentioned (gobbos hunting Khemri) had a scoring system set up where only the first ten games of a team's existence could count for scoring. This means that someone could play whoever they had wanted and still compete within the group (provided they were gobbos).

This being said, run a new scoring system akin to ELF where over a certain time period.... each coach can submit a set number of games to be counted. This means that over a month.... a team can have lets just say 5 games that possibly count for the league. Whether a coach wants to play five dead teams in a row.... or simply spread those five games out over a twenty game period is the decision of the coach. This retains the "open system" of ranked while having your fluffy group serve a purpose.

In addition, groups like EMU and Grave Danger have an issue with simply rewarding those who play more. Think of a scoring system where there is not an unlimited number of points available.

I hope this helps out. Fluffy groups should exist in fumbbl and can exist in Ranked (ELF). They bring a lot more character to the league. That being said, if it is gonna exist in Ranked, then it must stay true to an open format.

__Synn
tattie5

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2007 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This may seem like a simple answer, but why dont we just say.
"You can play any teams you like but only scored on dead teams"
P.s "If you only play undead teams it would make it a lot easier to run the group and fairer on everyone" *HINT* *HINT*

Catch me drift??
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2007 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The constraints on your group are too hard, compared to other meta groups.
When ranked is going to focus on CR and saving cash to spend in smacks and majors, then all ranked teams have to vanish from meta groups, anyways.

keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2007 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, so your saying our league should be more in the new unranked league? If all groups will be gone from the ranked div, because of focussing on CR and competetive tournys, where will the fun meens nothing games going to be held? In the new Unranked?

Jeffro
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2007 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. It would have to be in [l] not [u] as I understand it. Curro's [u] group had to be disbanded.

-Mnemon
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2007 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh, very confusing. Nobody plays in the non competetive divs apart from tourny play. I find it very hard to get games in the normal Ranked div, let alone in another div.

Jeffro
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2007 - 03:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I feel I'm being misquoted to an extent here, so let me clarify what I said:

I asked keggiemckill to remove the restriction for members forcing them to only play against "deadies". The ranked division should be a place for open play, and that restriction changes that.

I have no issue with the meta group concept as such. We've had various Mangling Union groups happily running in Ranked, but the difference is that these other meta groups don't restrict the members' choice of opponents.

As for [U], I have just asked someone else to not run even any meta groups in this new division. At this time, no leagues of any kind are allowed in [U].
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2007 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I miss understood what you exactly meant. I was under a different impression. Still throws a stick in my spokes.

Jeffro
 Jump to: