34 coaches online • Server time: 10:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meech

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2007 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, it does look like foggy. To make it look more frigid you should use more of a blue/white for the base pitch.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, i'll make it more blue-ish..

There's actually a blue layer with some icy-structure that I'll just increase the intensity on..

The dugouts will be made later, so for now it's just the weather-effects I need feedback on, but yeah, they will be unaffected by the weather.
TBK

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice work. Even better than the first set especialy the sweltering heat ones (the top one is my favorite except that it affect the dugouts). I also love the blizard pitch as it is I can't wait to see it with the changes you proposed it's gonna be awesome. I'll be using them for sure as soon as your done Very Happy.

Contructive critisism (IMO): The hole (midle top-left corner)would need something to justify it being there like a skull or a canon ball or something; otherwise i'd think about removing it or making it shallower and smaller.

Great work.

Last edited by TBK on %b %29, %2007 - %02:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The only weather effect that needs work is the blizzard one, IMO. You might consider transferring over the water puddles from the pouring rain field and turning them into frozen slush puddles. Also more blue and less gray should give it a snow look and not a cloud look. Currently it looks like the Bloodweiser blimp is watching the field and a cloud is in the way Wink

Top notch work btw.

And about the sigs: Its your work do what you want. However, if people want your fields and dont want the sigs, they can just download your fields and cut out the sig. This is a small online community, and its my opinion that small things like these fields are just considered a donation to the fumbbl community; thats why when I get questions about the icons that I made in the FUMBBL pack about ownership and usage, I tell them that they can freely use them however they want. However, if they repost them online, a courtesy link back to my thread is appreciated.

I think you will make a lot more friends if you act the same way with your fields: free usage but if you repost them online a courtesy link back to this thread is appreciated.

Signatures and watermarks should be saved for professional and aspiring artists who post their work online; not this kind of stuff. You dont ever plan on making money on these things, do you? Wink

But I reiterate: its your work, do what you wish. Just my two coppers.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:
Contructive critisism (IMO): The hole (midle top-left corner)would need something to justify it being there like a skull or a canon ball or something; otherwise i'd think about removing it or making it shallower and smaller.

About the basic pitch. I will be adding more structure and details to it (such as skulls and stuff so the hole will somehow be justified.

BloodbasherMasher wrote:
You might consider transferring over the water puddles from the pouring rain field and turning them into frozen slush puddles.

But I reiterate: its your work, do what you wish. Just my two coppers.

Yeah, will do that later.

The sigs aren't needed anymore since I have now made the entire pitch from scratch, so it's quite obvious that it's my work. That's why I made the pitch from scratch.

Now, here's the latest improvements on the blizzard pitch:

BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the middle one.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Early draft of the custom dugouts..

See first post for recent changes/additions!

JonatanRaven

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Full-size images posted (without custom dugouts).

Additional decorations added to the pitch.

See first post for recent changes/additions!
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Awsome work. Is it much work or only short time for the dugouts to be added to the pictures? I would really enjoy playing on those as soon as the dugouts are added.
JonatanRaven

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure how much work is needed before I consider the dugouts finished. There's a few things that need to be added though.

1. An opening onto the pitch
  2. More decorations (blood/dirt/whatnot)
  3. Smoothing of the sharp edges
  4. Possibly the "reserves/KO/BH/SI/Dead" descriptions (haven't decided yet)
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm... how tough would it be to resize those pitches to make a BB7s pitch for weather types, a resized sand pitch for BB7s, a bridge pitch and maybe a street pitch for streetbowl?
I would use them for the VASSAL mods I am planning... and Ill also use the current ones, if i can have your permission of course!

New dugout WIP looks brilliant!
JonatanRaven

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Resizing the current pitches is done in five mins or so (BB7..?).

A bridge pitch and a street pitch wouldn't be too hard I think. Same for a sand-pitch I think.

Sure thing, they're up for grabs.. Wink
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The dots and lines are a bit bright I think, maybe they could be a bit dulled in some way?

Edit: I think it is only the lines on the non perpect weather that are bright.

Edir2: Or even only the poring rain one.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

BridgeBowl pitch

Find other boards here as well!
http://www.creatish.com/core/sam/lord_of_the_boards/html/design.htm
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't ask me permission to use my large field icons in Dungeonbowl, brownrob, but you ask him permission to use his fields?!?!? How rude! Wink

(Yes people, that was sarcasm)

Jump to: