20 coaches online • Server time: 03:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gixmo

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

im thinking in moving some of my r to u if then i can change them to l Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

gixmo wrote:
im thinking in moving some of my r to u if then i can change them to l Smile

Nope. Even though it seems a popular idea.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10455&highlight=

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Disallowing transfer from [R] to [L] only really works if you are going to move tournaments out of [R]. People will still be pimping their teams for Majors, smacks and whatever else is to come.

Personally I don't really understand the "[R] is competitive idea". For me, an "open" game is never as competitive as a tournament game.
Unless it is a real grudge match. Smile

Also read the "Utopia" speech in my second comment on this threat "koadah". I really beleve that putting things all in 1 big division, will solve a lot of issues.
I know manny gaming sites that rank all players even if they play with diffrent "settings" in the beginning of the match. It works great for " www.dominategame.com ".

It will also clear the forums from lots of threats like this one Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Pmg wrote:
If i read more Janmattys spam complaining i swear i throw up. I wonder if in the "complaining" Poll he manage to vote in all the items... ufff...

I complain.
Now throw up please. And post pics.
Laughing

ps: as for reading my posts, avatars are there for a reason. When u see a chap with cap and sunglasses created with PES player editor, just skip the post. Smart, uh? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %23, %2007 - %12:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
kwèk

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Pmg wrote:
If i read more Janmattys spam complaining i swear i throw up. I wonder if in the "complaining" Poll he manage to vote in all the items... ufff...

I complain.
Now throw up please. And post pics.
Laughing

For kwèk sakes, dont.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pmg wrote:

lol
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I see the point between the lack of inter-division movement. It strongly defines each division, and teams have to adhere to the purposes of that division ([R] is a competitive open structure, not for [L] team-building, [L] is the tournament division, etc.).

However, having said all of that, I would have jumped ship with a couple of [R] teams to [L] if I'd known the change was in the works. Also I think the lack of a movement option might hurt [U] especially, and impact on the tournaments we see in [L], as what used to be a big jumble of a division ([U]) where one-off games meant both the casual and the build-for-tournament player could find a game now is two seperate divisions. Splitting the teams/coaches lessens the chance to find a game in the short-term whilst the new system beds in. That's why I liked [L]->[U] being available. But hey, I guess it'll run like this for a bit, and the statistics on games played will prove which view is right.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

kwèk wrote:
So I'll have to concede if the other guy "takes too long" to finish.
Just out of curiosity: And this has happened how often?

Oh, I did check. I found 7 conceded games in R (maybe one more or less), and 5 of them did show lasting injuries and/or deaths on fresh or young teams. So, that leaves it to 2. Out of over 1000. And were these really due to slow opponent?
But anyway, thx for this great contribution. Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

One big division sounds like bit of a mess, but I cannot really see the point of [U]. When it was joined with [L] there were more matches for everyone.

If you don't like pact or stunty teams then don't play them.

I suppose that it is easier to impose different rules when there are clear divisions.

If there were higher TR Rumbles then I would be happy to leave my teams in [R] but for now they need to go to [L] for that kind of stuff.

Also, (yes I'm biased) I'd like some of those TR150 teams to move from [A] to 145 Club. Why force a coach to start again from scratch.

Some people have loads of time to build teams in different divisions. Some people don't. Transfering really saves time.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
kwèk wrote:
So I'll have to concede if the other guy "takes too long" to finish.
Just out of curiosity: And this has happened how often?

Approximately as often as the following situation:
Purplegoo wrote:
I'm super-happy people can't take 16 8 minute turns against me

Wink

Don't want to look polemic, tho. I'm against it in principle, not due to particular facts. As I wrote, I already played some games in the new Ranked and I didn't even notice a turn limit was there... neither in my turns nor in my opponents' ones.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

Purplegoo wrote:
I'm super-happy people can't take 16 8 minute turns against me

Wink

Don't want to look polemic, tho. I'm against it in principle, not due to particular facts. As I wrote, I already played some games in the new Ranked and I didn't even notice a turn limit was there... neither in my turns nor in my opponents' ones.

I was exaggerating of course, in 300 R games, I've prolly had this twice in reality. But it wasn't fun! Very Happy
goffmogg

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone

I just transferred some teams from R to U. But atm I mostly play Tournies and leagues. Still though, I want to play those teams in a less competitive division so hopefully they are suited better to U.
hugoeng

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I wont move any of my teams, as I stopped playing [R] when the option o transfer to [L] was removed. The only "competive" about [R] is the tournaments, too bad there are so few.
I say, remove L altogheter and let us play tornaments in [R] instead, most tournys seem to use LRB only anyway. And do the same with Stunty. I guess there are some fundamental flaw in this idea, but Ill throw it out anyway!
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

hugoeng wrote:
I wont move any of my teams, as I stopped playing [R] when the option o transfer to [L] was removed. The only "competive" about [R] is the tournaments, too bad there are so few.

If all the RRR's, Smacks, XFL's and the majors are still not enough you must have a lot more time to play than I do. I'm jealous...

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Not moving my teams. I like ranked and the way it is run.

Either put up or shut up. If you hate Ranked here is an opportunity. Don't let the fact that others like ranked stop you. If you don't like it go... shoo... begone. Don't hedge your bets and play the "you go first game". Be the first one in to the unranked pool.