76 coaches online • Server time: 22:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Killhouse

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Since there's an eshin team and a skyre team it's really unfair for no moulder team, when their creation is already in Blood Bowl.

Here's my idea(amended);

PLAYERS:

130k 0-1 Rat Ogres 6 5 3 8 - Wild Animal, Big Guy, MB, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail
Access - G, St, Ph

50k 0-4 Packmasters 7 2 3 7 - Dodge, Foul Appearance
Access - A, Ph

40k 0-12 Giant Rats 6 2 4 6 - Really Stupid, No Hands, Dodge, Stunty, Jump Up
Access - A, Ph

Apothacary: 50k Rerolls: 60k

How does this look? The giant rats are a little strong, between dodge/stunty/AG4/Jump-up they'll be on you in a second. Problem is, they'll need a 4+ a majority of the time to move! So, I really don't see it being OP, and they'll desperately need those skills to be able to cover the packmasters, who are in dire need of defending. Once you run out of packmasters the odds of scoring severely decline. I also brought the cost up for the giant rats a little.

Foul appearance is both a game mechanic to help keep them alive, and a fluff addition to show that they've mutated horribly. Adding cool mutations like extra arms, extra head, and things would be boring on every player and foul appearance leaves it open to give them whatever mutation you want later on. I really see skills like big hand and extra arms appearing since this team has to either be played by an expert at cages or made into a passing team. Remember that the packmasters are str 2, but not stunty.

The Rat Ogre exists only because he hasn't gotten any love, even with two skaven stunty teams. He's ready to go beat down some trolls.

Last edited by Killhouse on %b %30, %2007 - %20:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Thorril

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea, but up to 6(!) ST3 positionals in a stunty team is far too nasty, especially when there also is a BG...
HunterX

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't Moulder the clan that has many Rat Ogre's hanging around? Why not 0-2 RO's; ST1, AG4 giant rats; and 0-4 frenzied stunties?

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd be tempted to give the giant rats really stupid so that they have to have packmasters around to keep them in line Smile

HunterX

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
i'd be tempted to give the giant rats really stupid so that they have to have packmasters around to keep them in line Smile

or give them OFAB and make the packmasters thralls Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

oh clan moulder brings up painfull memories... Once played a WHFB game against a mate of mine, who had spend all of his 2000 points on one giant rat ogre regiment lead by a nasty grey seer with crown of command and skaven brew... Needless to say, the regiment gained frenzy from the skavenbrew, and when the grey seer put the ogres into a death frenzy the horror startet for my poor empire army. And yes it was back in the day, when I didn't know how to deal with the absurd power-gamers Smile
Nature_Warden

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ag 4 Giant Rats sound good, give them G access as well... who can't teach a rat to trip someone well, or get that ball for example.. and 2 frenzied stuntys should do with two Big Guys.. Especially sweet ones like RO... Less armor on the linemen, make em as low as the lowest since they're Skaven.... being Snotling and you might have a team...
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is someone else's idea on the same thing, a couple of years old: Clan Moulder.

Search "moulder" and you'll find some more links discussing similar ideas... should be useful information for you.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Prehensile tail for the giant rats?
evildead420

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2007 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitly agree with the 2 RO's, and definitly agree with the ST 1 Giant Rats. I like the other guy's idea more of not having a nasty stunty, but just more packmasters, and having them be a normal troop. With 2 RO's and a bunch of st 1 rats to soak up hits you dont really need any special stunty on the line, cause the packmasters already are going to be your guys doing anything normal.
Killhouse

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2007 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... that was me too. I figured the team was lost in the sands of silly stunty team ideas. I really like the older one too, I had no idea anyone kept it.

PLAYERS:
50k 0-4 Packmasters 7 2 3 7 -
30k 0-12 Giant Rats 6 2 3 6 - Really Stupid, No Hands, Dodge, Stunty, Jump Up

SKILLS:
Rat Ogre - G, St, Ph
Packmasters - G, Ph
Giant Rats - A, Ph

You HAVE to have dodge on the packmasters otherwise 4 KOs later you can't score at all. It's just a way to have more survivability. You also don't need to explain why packmasters are weaker than normal skaven, they're just packmasters. Giving them something to help survive like regenerate would be cool too for dabbleing in warpstone to mutate their own bodies. Regrowing arms and limbs, but that may incure a penalty somehwere else and other teams already have it. How about foul appearance to help out their survivability if we go with only 4?

I'd really like to see the mixed pack idea become 50/50 rather than mostly no hands players. So upping the packmasters to a possible 6 may fix it. But you really have to have stunty on a majority of the players. But maybe really stupid on the other half could balance it out. Maybe FA on the packmasters could help them survive, in that case 4 should be alright.

How does this look?

PLAYERS:
50k 0-4 Packmasters 7 2 3 7 - Dodge, Foul Appearance
30k 0-12 Giant Rats 6 2 3 6 - Really Stupid, No Hands, Dodge, Stunty, Jump Up

SKILLS:
Rat Ogre - G, St, Ph
Packmasters - A, Ph
Giant Rats - A, Ph
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2007 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Was it only me who opened this expecting Mulder, Scully, and Grey aliens?

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2007 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

nope ^^
i also did ^^
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2007 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Killhouse wrote:
Well... that was me too.

So how many accounts do you have? Shocked

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2007 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot my password to my other account and just started up again after a year off. I thought it would be better to get a fresh account with a better rating so it wasn't so low for all my noob games. But I always loved the idea of fresh teams in stunty, and I still desperately want to see a beastmen team one day with stunty(but still bashy) ungors. A mix of gors/ungors and a minotaur would make me supremely happy. Then give chaos teams marauders. Beasts of Chaos and Chaos Mortals are two separate armies, shouldn't they be two separate teams?

And just a quick plea to all the stunty team ideas out there, please please please come up with something cannon to GW fluff. I know it can be tricky coming up with things that could be stunty, but it's not hard if you try.

Next thing I want to see in stunty after bray herd and rat pack? A team with a giant or a shaggoth.
 Jump to: