17 coaches online • Server time: 06:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tedage

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive got an idea, lets see the roll of the dice befeor we make the action... thats essentially what he wants...
Perox

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see any objection for such indicators, some people just have a little less mathematical affinity than others, or are just mathematically challenged Mr. Green

I don't see the difference between someone who can figure out the rolls easily and someone else who can not, but just checks the indicator. Unless every wizzkid here is out to exploit their mathematical advantage...

Perox.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2003 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I certainly don't want another pop up box, how about a compromise.

Change the color of the cursor if it is a dodge into tacklezones. Currently it is what, red? Have it turn to blue when you are about to move into a tacklezone. Leave it so, a player still has to do the math, but he is now aware that there is a danger.

Asperon Thorn

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2003 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that it'd be good to have the movement square turn red to indicate that your player has to make a dodge roll to move somewhere.

Although the icons look nice, it is sometimes easy to not notice a hostile player standing next to your guy ready to trip them up with your careless move.
UglyToy

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2003 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats even worse than a box to tell you what you need to roll. If you dont see the player, you're not looking hard enough and you deserve to fall over, I know I've done it a few times but that was my own fault for not looking where my saurus was stood...

I do like the idea of the dodge roll indicator, would help me out a lot I can tell ya, the pass roll indicator would be good as well, just more helpful, after all it comes up in the chat window, but after you've rolled it.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2003 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

AsperonThorn wrote:

Change the color of the cursor if it is a dodge into tacklezones.

Instances where this would show up:

1. You are in a tacklezone, and are about to make a dodge into another tacklezone.

2. You are moving your player from point A to Point B, and you pass through a tacklezone, one that you don't necessarily have to.

Things that this solution would not effect:

1. Dodging out of a tacklezone into a "free" space. So not every attempt at a dodge would show up on this cursor.

2. Tell the player, how many tacklezones he is moving to, his target roll, or any other modifiers for that matter.

3. Tell a player whether or not any of the tacklers have Diving tackle, you are on your own with that.

Why it is a good compromise:
I don't know how you guys play at home, but when I am playing on the board, and someone looks to be taking a dumb dodge, or unnecessarily entering a tacklezone, I often say "You do realize there is a tacklezone in that square, don't you?" I don't tell him the guy has tackle, so his dodge skill is worthless. I don't tell him the guy has diving tackle so he is about to get F***'d. And I don't tell him that his saurus has no chance making that dodge. I simply remind him that he may be taking a risk out of carelessness.

In order to speed up play, in a situation in which a player can freely move from A to B, a player will just point at a path and move thier player. This is especcially prevalent, when all the action is taking place on the otherside of the pitch, and that is a "Non-Combat move." They can get to point B without making dodges following maybe 3 or 4 different paths, but for some reason have pointed to the ONE path that puts them through a tacklezone. If you were going to be strict about where they pointed, you are more than likely, going to end up in an argument "No I remember you distinctly pointed to THAT square. Rather than being intelligent and moving one square to the left."

Lastly, who wants to claim victory because of a misclick? Honestly. This battle over "mouse semantics" is ridiculous. You don't end up with these problems on a board.

Asperon Thorn
dorf

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2003 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure I like the idea of an indicator, but I would like to see a popup telling me when I've used the dodge skill during a move. I know it's in the text window but during the heat of the moment (cause it could be in the middle of a move) I don't realize it's happened and continue to take riskier moves than I would had I realized my dodge had been used. Sad
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2003 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

look at the skills listed next to the player's portrait. If you have used dodge an asterik will appear next to dodge, I always look at it after i make a dodge and have more left to make.
absentmind

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2003 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Its in the rulebook, read it.

AG3 normal agility roll is 4, so AG2 normal ag roll is 5 naturally.

AG2 pass:
-1 for longpass
-2 for longbomb

so longpass is 6+. Is that so hard to remember?

AG3 dodge:

normal agility roll:4+ dodge:+1 to the roll
tacklezones: -1 per TZ next to the square the player is moving INTO.

for ex. an AG3 player dodges into a square with 2 TZ in it.
Roll needed: 4 -1 +2=5
so he needs to roll 5 or more

and those who cant see the ghosted icons, go get glasses Razz
 Jump to: