37 coaches online • Server time: 00:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnorriNosebiter

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, A sounds good to me.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote A, let me join the winning team Wink
LUCiD|uk.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity! I vote Macavity!....
....or failing that I vote A.
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 30, 2007 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Possible theme for the cup....

<b>The Pan-Albion Cup</b>, or to give it it's "catchy" name... <b> the P.A.C</b> Razz

Teams from all over the White isle converge for an orgy of blood letting, whilst the cheerleaders adopt the official tournament chant: Wakka Wakka Wakka!

Fluff would need a brighter mind than mine working on it though.
Unstoffe

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2007 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Bored at work, just for a change, and it occurred to me the 'round-robin then KO' tourney is coming up fast. So, did a bit of research, here is my idea for a theme, what do you think?

Danu Druidic Tournament (DDT)

As the summer solstice approaches, the Chief Druids of Albion announce a Bloodbowl tournament to honour the Earth Mother, Danu.
As befits the Triple Goddess, entrants will be split into groups of three to compete in short round-robin competitions. There will then be three knockouts, each sacred to a particular aspect of the Goddess.

The Blodeuwedd Goblet

For the bottom ranked team from each round-robin. Blodeuwedd is the spring aspect of Danu, so her tourney is intended for young, growing teams.

The Morrigu Bowl

For the middle ranked teams. Morrigu is the Goddess in her summer aspect of a full grown warrior queen, here strong teams in their prime will do battle.

The Ceriwen Chalice

For the top teams. Ceriwen is the winter aspect, hag-witch and bringer of death. Expect blood-spattered killing machines and age-haunted veterans in a fight for ultimate supremacy!

Now if only there was a way to give every team a free wizard in the top KO tourney Smile Oh, and could one one of our welsh speakers tell me how to pronounce 'Blodeuwedd'?

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2007 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

That is good....
AndyBurns

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2007 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... question about the cup... ...if I do well in it, I might end up have to trim TR before next season, right? That might be something to consider. Is it better to play and risk injury, or end up with a higher TR and get to choose what you lose?
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2007 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Better to play the cup ofc! You get shiny cups n stuff if you win. And you might knock out some big guns and earn some kudos too Very Happy
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2007 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This all sounds lots of fun! How about letting the noob coaches in before the season 6 kicks off? Then they would have a prep game at least.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2007 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
This all sounds lots of fun! How about letting the noob coaches in before the season 6 kicks off? Then they would have a prep game at least.

I wrestled with this idea a lot. In the end, I decided that it's best to stick to the strict policy that all new teams must be new TR 100, and their first game must be a league one. It's the only way of ensuring that everyone begins on a level playing field.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
PeteW wrote:

I wrestled with this idea a lot. In the end, I decided that it's best to stick to the strict policy that all new teams must be new TR 100, and their first game must be a league one. It's the only way of ensuring that everyone begins on a level playing field.

Good point, but if we let the new coaches in then we'd have 48 teams int he cup, which splits nicely into 3 minicups of 16 each.

If we only use the teams we have then we have 44 or 45 or something.

Also - when are the playoffs to be played? I want the cup to start soon - so play your games if you haven't already!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote A

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

18th March 2008.

End of Season 8 --> Season 9 Discussion.

Hi gang. I've decided to pull this discussion forward a week or two from when I intended to start it, as the result may well affect what teams some coaches run next season, so I wanted to give them a little extra time to plan for their future.

We have two issues to debate. The first is Ogres and their possible admittance to the league next season, and the second is the structure of the league if recruitment (opening next week) pulls in enough coaches for us to expand.

<u>Ogres</u>

We have had a movement of late that would like everyone to have a think about admitting Ogres to the league. They didn't make the cut the last time we had a vote on the subject, and if they don't make it this time, it will be a while before there will be another vote. Previous discussion on the subject can be found above in this thread, I'd recommend we all have a bit of a think about it, have a grown-up debate, and then if it comes to it, vote after this post. The deadline for this will be Apr. 1, although if it's clear we're mostly of one mind on the issue, there is less of a need for formal votes and deadlines.

<u>Expansion</u>

Our waiting list is currently healthy. If when I open recruitment we have enough coaches to expand, we will. Even if we don't, some kind of formal discussion on this point is useful if we get enough down the line! I think the three tier system works. I think 8 teams in a division leads to an appropriate season length, but anything other than that is pretty debatable. The more obvious choice is the addition of another 8 team division and we go 1:4:3 or 1:3:4, but if anyone has anything from left field on this, now is a good time to pull it up.

Cheers,

Purp.
Meech

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, you chumps crapped on the NWL for their rules yet you don't allow Ogres? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, that wasn't grown up but I couldn't resist.

I will go away now

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

Bear in mind that the original rules and vote on the subject were put in place before a large chunk of our current coaches were members of the league. Also, we'd like to keep this a bit civil, I'd like to think in general we were ok in your thread (although I admit it may have devolved a little), so let's not make this a NWL / WIL flame fest that makes us all look bad (not directed specifically at Meech).

Plus - inter-league competition would be excellent down the line. Let's keep relations strong.

/me manhugs Meech.
 Jump to: