20 coaches online • Server time: 04:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcses added!
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Orcses added!

You forgot the goblin positionals.

pac

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
pac wrote:
Orcses added!

You forgot the goblin positionals.

Did I?
pac

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven and Wood Elves are now up, so we now have the six most popular rosters covered (plus Vampires, for some reason).
AndyBurns

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. It does strike me that a certain amount of your choice is about how you want to play a team, though - e.g. Khemri without DP, Chaos without Claw, guys trying to make a bashy team of Elves, etc.. It ain't all about winning - that's what I say! A lot!

Still, it'll be really interesting. The skills page I've seen before seems kind of out of date.
JB

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is a good idea to do that skill-help thing, but as you already mentioned in your initial post, the reader still doesnt know under which conditions a certain skill was picked.
I understand that this is very hard to track, but after all it makes a lot of difference if you roll a double for a AG 5 human blitzer or a AG 3 human blitzer ... the double would still be their first pick in that category for both players. Also condition of team/style of play etc. can be relevant criteria.

Furthermore this isnt really what for example most of the IRC questions are about. Yes there are some in IRC who might ask what to give their Lineman as a first skill, but from my experience most of the people asking have some sort of special player they are asking about.

I would try to get the coaches whose teams you picked as reference to comment on certain positions/developement choices. That way a rookie could get at least a feeling of what to consider when making a skill choice he isnt totally sure about.
pac

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JB wrote:
I think it is a good idea to do that skill-help thing, but as you already mentioned in your initial post, the reader still doesnt know under which conditions a certain skill was picked.
I understand that this is very hard to track, but after all it makes a lot of difference if you roll a double for a AG 5 human blitzer or a AG 3 human blitzer ... the double would still be their first pick in that category for both players. Also condition of team/style of play etc. can be relevant criteria.

This sort of thing is covered to an extent. There are plenty of 'If +stat then …', 'If this skill then that skill …'.

Quote:
Furthermore this isnt really what for example most of the IRC questions are about. Yes there are some in IRC who might ask what to give their Lineman as a first skill, but from my experience most of the people asking have some sort of special player they are asking about.

That's true - but really special cases are often ones which have very rarely been seen before at all, and so can't be solved by referring to past examples anyway.

Also, while they may not ask advice about them, there are still lots of teams out there with poor basic skill choices. This project is mainly aimed at them.

Quote:
I would try to get the coaches whose teams you picked as reference to comment on certain positions/developement choices. That way a rookie could get at least a feeling of what to consider when making a skill choice he isnt totally sure about.

They - and anyone else - are welcome to add comments: it's a wiki! Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Watched the first team: Chaos

How boring is that:
1.trait on BM Claw - 2.trait on BM RSC
1.trait on CW Claw - 2.trait on CW RSC

I heared there might be some other traits they can get...

You may add:
If you wanna get less games in [R], take Claw, RSC - tons of it - at least 8 of 'em.
Do not waste a trait on something else.
If your player already has Claw & RSC take Mighty Blow ,t won't work, but hey(!) make a statement

Sry if it might sound a little harsh, but I do not like to see a Chaos team reduced to it's power of getting Claw/RSC combos. With this stradegy they failed always big time to win a major.
How about Tentacles on CW - Dauntless or Diving Tackle on BM - Frenzy (listed up in skill selektion) - Foul Appearance - Stand Firm - Two Heads combined with Strip Ball...

Just my 2 Cent
Plorg

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Markusen wrote:
Sry if it might sound a little harsh, but I do not like to see a Chaos team reduced to it's power of getting Claw/RSC combos. With this stradegy they failed always big time to win a major.

I wouldn't call 2nd Place in WO "failed always big time".
RedMaul

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

reguardless of the criteria used, It looks an excellent and practical resource. Thanks Pac.
pac

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Markusen. I wouldn't have the patience to get games in [R] with a Claw/RSC-heavy team either - but those teams are proof that it's possible. In any case, I too would probably rather do something more interesting with my doubles.

However, please see the note in the earlier post about the project being descriptive and not prescriptive: the aim is not to tell coaches how they ought to play and pick their skills - just to show them how experienced coaches do do it.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wooo my team is in there.

And yes I would Take claw then RSC any day and I wont say that my team failed at majors they reached the semi in the first UI. There is a sertent way of building a certen race most major elf teams look the same most major Orc teams look the same khemri dorfs etc... Anyways I reasontly had a CW with MB and took Tents insted of claw and liked this very mutch. But this is a new thing for me and wont show up as consistant as I only done it onece.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Markusen

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Thanks, Markusen. I wouldn't have the patience to get games in [R] with a Claw/RSC-heavy team either - but those teams are proof that it's possible. In any case, I too would probably rather do something more interesting with my doubles.

However, please see the note in the earlier post about the project being descriptive and not prescriptive: the aim is not to tell coaches how they ought to play and pick their skills - just to show them how experienced coaches do do it.

Wink Therefor I said: it may sound harsh.

Don't misunderstand me, Clwa/RSC is a powerful combo (in my eyes the best available). I just don't like it, cause only AV9 guys can stand up vs these monsters. Lowered armor teams will be just slayed and that's no fun at all for me as an opponent and also as the bashing coach. I has nothing to do with tactics anymore - just use that guy and all will be good.

Never had one and I will just think about to take one for my Skavens or for Stunty teams (not the Big Guys).

I'm just be afraid that most of the new coaches look at this side and think it's kind of a must to pick that skills.
Borgen

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Markusen wrote:

Don't misunderstand me, Clwa/RSC is a powerful combo (in my eyes the best available). I just don't like it, cause only AV9 guys can stand up vs these monsters.

Whether you like it, or think it is powerful, is completely irrelevant. The purpose of Pac's wiki is to show what players <b><u>have taken</b></u> with their experienced chaos squads.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

nice idea pac
 Jump to: