30 coaches online • Server time: 10:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post 11 Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it any good?

The only game Ive played is BB (I tell a lie, I played a 15 min game of WFB when I was 12 in the shop...) but Im trying to get my brother into BB but he isnt really into the game but like the Space marine minis, so, I was thinking if i get Necromunda, and get him into it, as they have guns and stuff (even let him use space marines to represent a gang if he wants... then necromunda minis, then BB minis in necromunda Wink ) and then try to wean him to play BB...

One of the things that scared me off Warhammer FB and 40k were the tons of rules (and the guys who played it!) but is Necromunda rules intensive? is it as easy to pick up and play as BB?

Any Necromunda players out there? What would they suggest I buy for a new player? But is it any good?

Thanks in advance
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
One of the things that scared me off Warhammer FB and 40k were the tons of rules (and the guys who played it!)

Yep, thats what put me off. WFB and 40k can breed the worst type of beardy nerd.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Next to BloodBowl Necromunda is my farovite GWS gam.,Games are fast and easy to play and as far as rules go there no where a Bad as 40k
Zupa-Kino

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Coincidentally, I joined a Necromunda league last week. Since I started playing years ago, rules have chanced only slightly and most people should be implementing the frequently used rules flawlessly after the first few fights. Great plus is that the rulebook is a free download (LRB-style) and that this is really al the rules you will ever need, unless you want to start with a gang somewhat less ordinairy. But in that case, it'd mean about 5-10 pages of extra reading material... so nothing scary, no masses of rules.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Necromunda is fantsastic! although it's a lot more involved than 40k - more like blood bowl in a way, were you gain EXP and roll skills for each ganger.It's the first GW game i played and it's really easy to learn,

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you play it online?

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i played necromunda a couple oh years ago and as far as i can remember it was real fun. so cant go wrong with it.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Necromunda was great. I've played a Cawdor gang and Ratskin Renegades. My brother had Escher and Goliath.

Siokawta

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Necromunda is an outstanding game and I would highly recommend it. Its like the bastard child of 40k and Blood Bowl.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds good!

Now, now that I know the gameplay is good, what are the minis like, are they easy to paint, and do you need to make scenery and stuff? Very Happy
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me add in a question to:

How many minis do you need? Can you just buy one team(or gang), and thats it? Or do you need to upgrade your army over time as in WH?
ruoste

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

making scenery for necromunda is optional, the game has some scenery with it, but those cardboard platforms suck on the long run. minis dont really differ from wh40 stuff, actually, i have used more parts from my 40k bitsbox than actual bought minis.

all the gangs in the basic rules are simple enough for starting players.

MrMojo: afaik online play (as in jbb) is not possible.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

arf I start to be interested in it.

ps: should I tell that I started to hate that stupid WHB. grrrrr

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Necromunda is IMHO, the best game GW ever produced.

It had very little in the way of broken rules (mainly because the rules are simple) and the progression of individuals and gangs was smooth and varied.

I was attually pretty good at it since a knowlage of military tactics had an effect on the game, which shows an element of realism that some of GW games lack...

The numbers of mini's required was manageable, i think i had 13 in total and used about 8-9 at a time the rest being for varients, and strangely enough multiplayer and odd missions often played better than the single fights i sign of a good game if ever there was one.

I would love to play if i could find some non-beardy types into GW these days that wouldn't mind a grumpy old man intruding of there league Very Happy

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
elvisdeadly

Post 7 Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

nekky is full on brilliant get it now!!! you only need a handfull of figs or lots, depends on how you wanna play. it is the same rule set as 2nd ed WH40k with a bit more detail i cant recommend it enough (tho the rulebook is full of typos and bugs usuall GW stuff) comes second only to bloodbowl
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Jump to: