68 coaches online • Server time: 23:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xcver

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2007 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Also you have to note that the first 4 games of a team don't count towards coach rating...seeing that you have lots of retired teams that don't hav made it to 5 games you have to note that all those games don't count for your CR...if you only take into consideration teams with 5 or more games in ranked your win ratio is more about 43% on a quick glance.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2007 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
koadah wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
Forget about CR - it really doesn't mean anything. Wink
Just enjoy your BloodBowl.

Easy for you to say Smile

Yeah - it is! My current silly CR puts me 35th on the list, which is pretty laughable. I could probably list 100 or more coaches lower ranked than me, that I consider to be better coaches. Hence CR doesn't mean anything! Very Happy

Nooooo! Shocked You are Wrong Purplegoo.

CR is Everything!, you are the 35th greatest human being on the planet!! (and I'm the 123rd).

Of course there are exceptions, everyone, regardless of CR (even those poor deluded fools who don't play Bloodbowl on FUMBBL and don't have a CR to judge their self worth by) is above the 6 members of SCUM.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2007 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
koadah wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
Forget about CR - it really doesn't mean anything. Wink
Just enjoy your BloodBowl.

Easy for you to say Smile

Yeah - it is! My current silly CR puts me 35th on the list, which is pretty laughable. I could probably list 100 or more coaches lower ranked than me, that I consider to be better coaches. Hence CR doesn't mean anything! Very Happy

Nooooo! Shocked You are Wrong Purplegoo.

CR is Everything!, you are the 35th greatest human being on the planet!! (and I'm the 123rd).

Of course there are exceptions, everyone, regardless of CR (even those poor deluded fools who don't play Bloodbowl on FUMBBL and don't have a CR to judge their self worth by) is above the 6 members of SCUM.

Say what now?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=matches&coach=8161&coach2=34370

:p

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2007 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

SeraphimRed wrote:

Say what now?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=matches&coach=8161&coach2=34370

:p

So you see, some things, transcend Bloodbowl results (like you beating me with a rookie team 57TS below mine Embarassed ), in any case I'm not sure if the members of SCUM even count as human beings. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2007 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

So you see, some things, transcend Bloodbowl results (like you beating me with a rookie team 57TS below mine Embarassed ), in any case I'm not sure if the members of SCUM even count as human beings. Wink

No we are GODS!!

Omnipotent, Immortal, Divine, and far above the likes of you tiny tadpoles!

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2007 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

1) remember the first few games with a team does not count in cr

2) remember playing teams with lower TS and coaches with lower CR you need to win every time to gain just a litlle cr and if you ever lose you will lose A LOT of cr.

The things CR affects: seeding in tournements and that some coaches will not play you (and this goes both ways - some will not play high CR coaches while others will not play low CR - coaches and risk losing so much CR

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2007 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of interest, how do you get the graph like the one Rij posted? Ive seen them on people's profiles but seem to be too damn blind to spot how to get mine.
Fama

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2007 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucan wrote:
Out of interest, how do you get the graph like the one Rij posted? Ive seen them on people's profiles but seem to be too damn blind to spot how to get mine.

When looking at someone elses graph, click the "Superimpose own chart button".

Finding the graph in the first place is a bit tougher, you have to put your own coach ID into

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coach&op=development&coach=19304

(Hint: You can find your coach ID from the link of your bio)

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2007 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

cr increase is easy do what i did luck your way to a smack win vs 3 high cr coaches
look at my cr can you spot my smack win?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coach&op=development&coach=36959
Freppa

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2007 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

BAM! thats a nice climb! but i almost liked rijssiejs better, from 136 to 170+ in no time at all Razz
erzkanzler

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2007 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It is just not fair!
I keep winning games in Unranked, yet, my CR never amounts to anything.

I suspect the admin client conspiracy to be behind all this.

On a sidenote: Has anyone around here noticed a strangely rising amount of 1s from the "random" dice generator after certain games? I think there might be a correlate to the amount of turn 16 fouls one performs on coaches who have a CR above 160. Or did you ever see several pair of 6s in a row after fouling a member of the elite on turn 16? Coincidence? You be the judge...

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2007 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
CR is something to laugh about

Fascinating curves. Maybe CR is neither Coach Rating nor
Cherrypicker's Reward but Coincidence Result.
By the way: my CR (whatever that may be) is about 152 while I have a 35% win ratio.

Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

/me hugs Rijssiej

Rijssiej wrote:
CR is something to laugh about

Yeah! Dude that's the best post about CR ever! \o/

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't this horse long since dead?
spiro

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2007 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

King-Nerd wrote:
Holy moly.

I just played a game against a coach with a slightly higher TR 141 Humans vs my 135 Skaven and a slightly better CR 147.41 vs my 141.51.

I won 3 - 1, and my CR jumped to 142.91! Jesus that's like 1.5 points for a single game. No wonder all those coaches with CR's of 170+ that I challenge wont play me!!! Razz

Holy moly Very Happy Laughing you doesn't know nothing about javabbowl.

spiro wrote:
..."luck" in javabbowl depend for some ingredient, i don't know precise what's it but :

Most people on fumbbl know that much easier win match against coach ranking 140 than 170, somebody perhaps can't believe in that, i understand that however some coaches on fumbbl know and they play only against similar CR.
Othervise somebody can say : 140 CR lose cause they not know how to play Rolling Eyes , it's not true cause i know coaches whose play in table bbowl very long and they know every tricks but they still have problems on fumbbl with win some match.

I wonder whether admins can show statistic how many matches were win for ranking 140-150 and how many for 160-180, i think that might be able very interesting.

If you thinking that they win easilly because they are very good players Laughing Laughing Laughing you wrong but only little, they are good players but in javabbowl decide "luck" not abilities, you might be the best player in the world but if your opponent in each turn throw 4 times 6 and you throw 4 times 1 then you can do only one thing, play chess. Laughing

I like that post Laughing

VinnieSplenmasher wrote:

4-7-07: OMG! I AM F*CKING CURSED! A BBRC special right from the beginning. Skulls falling like rain! I wasted two re-rolls within the first three turns on one die blocks: Skull; re-roll; skull! Skull; re-roll; skull! Opponent gets an easy score. Everyone knew what was coming next: a blitz! WTF?! Needless to say, I press out and, thankfully, the season is over! Blood Bowl is a game created on luck instead of skill. I need to get back to chess when the blame can be put on my shoulders when I lose! I have one game to play in the UI tournament and then I am asking for my account to be blocked for a month.

spiro wrote:
Btw Vinnie, don't complaining because they'll hang on you on dry tree. You curse is normal, mezir can explain that for you. Wink
If you have avalanche of 1 then it's normal that next kick off will be blitz or pitch invasion. Everyone know that hehehe.

VinnieSplenmasher wrote:

Everyone knew what was coming next: a blitz! WTF?!

spiro wrote:
Everyone ?????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

You'll see Twisted Evil, try play against coaches with top list.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.

Last edited by spiro on %b %02, %2007 - %14:%Jul; edited 7 times in total
 Jump to: