36 coaches online • Server time: 09:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2007 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it has ended. One of the 4 major bb table top tournaments was held this year in Calgary, Alberta Canada. It was the first of its kind in Western Canada and as far as I know Western North America. The AB.B.B.A. (Alberta Blood Bowl Association) held it and did a wonderful job, mainly thanks to Toppy, and as far as it being a successful tournament, it was indeed. There were 28 coaches all together, 4 from B.C., about 4 or 5 originally from Ontario and the rest from all different parts of Alberta. This is hopefully only the beginning of Western Canada being recognized as a legitimate place to hold one of the 4 major bb title events. Hopefully it stays here. That is up to GW. The east coast of North America already holds the Chaos Cup in Chicago I believe. They don’t need the Spike as well. (As it was in Toronto the last bunch of years.)
I help run a full-on 20 man table top league here in B.C. called Thunder bowl and together with ABBBA, which has 23 alone, we can try to make next years event (if we get it again.) even bigger and more bad ass! A pro elf team, coached by a great guy who I only know as Tom, won the event. It came down to the last of seven games for at least 6 coaches to place in the top 2. I was one of them. Sad Bad luck cost me my last match to the winner of most casualties. Anyway I only took a few pics as my camera was in the car most of the days. Here they are.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2007 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the pics dude Very Happy
Fama

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2007 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The trophies look nice Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2007 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah they were awesome. I wish I won one. I came close.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2007 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The east coast holds the chaos cup tourney in chicago?
This makes no sense.
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2007 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I know, this is what I've been told.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2007 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

/me yells illegal procedure.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2007 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Saying Chicago is part of the "East Coast" is like calling Texas part of South America. Or in terms you'll understand well - saying Saskatchewan is "French Canada."
CanvasBack

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2007 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Shrap wrote:
This makes no sense.

Unless of course by holding the tournament in a more central location, more potential participants could attend. Still kinda strange.

"When you have shot and killed a man you have in some measure clarified your attitude toward him. You have given a definite answer to a definite problem. For better or worse you have acted decisively. In a way, the next move is up to him." R.A. Lafferty
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2007 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

who is the guy wearing the norse helmet?!
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2007 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

CanvasBack wrote:
Shrap wrote:
This makes no sense.

Unless of course by holding the tournament in a more central location, more potential participants could attend. Still kinda strange.

This makes good sense from an organizational point of view, but doesn't help explain the "east coast" reference. Unless it makes sense for Oregon to hold a convention in Memphis, for example. Unless East Coast referred to a specific entity other than a collection of U.S. states, i.e. a company or division of some kind.
KGustafson

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2007 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, there are a few who think of America as three sections: East Coast, West Coast, and all those states in the middle. Still doesn't give a good reason for putting the east coast trophy in bloody Chicago, though.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2007 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

looks sweet mate nice one Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2007 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

God, by the look of it I would so not fit in that crowd. But congrats man! Glad to see Canada represent on the bb stage.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2007 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, I didn't fit in either. I was probably the only one in there with more than 2 tatties and peircings but it was fun as hell.