48 coaches online • Server time: 16:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

ex-convict

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2010 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBS Special Report: Season 8 Awards Nominees

We've had yet another great NCBB season, culminating with PainState's victory over Oregon in the BCS National Championship in overtime. That means it's about time to recognize some of the great players from last year, and then vote on who deserves the individual awards.

FYI if anyone wants to take a look at the stats for every player from last season, follow these steps:

1) go to http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~brill/fumbbl/ and bookmark the page
2) click on tournaments, type in 6888 for the group number, then type in 28603 for the tournament ID, then hit 'Get tournament matches.'
3) delete the match ID that appears, then copy and paste this list into the big section for match IDs:

3042948 3041931 3041647 3041554 3040838 3040668 3040350 3040126 3039740 3039079 3038277 3037810 3037792 3037405 3037297 3036689 3035755 3035543 3035307 3035284 3034847 3034173 3034053 3033476 3031341 3030666 3030336 3029771 3028853 3028644 3028117 3027989 3061974 3059722 3059710 3057889 3057018 3054784 3054768 3054324 3053357 3052074 3051141 3047037 3046358 3046337 3044619 3060599 3057466 3057440 3055891 3054637 3053772 3053164 3052504 3049641 3045910 3062379 3061447 3060940 3055611 3055552 3054064 3052441 3049047 3048978 3045764 3067246 3067635 3067974 3068927 3069172 3067059

4) if you want to see your team's stats only, type in your team's complete name into the 'Filter team name' section; if not, leave it blank
5) click send matches and wait the 20-30 seconds for the info to load
6) click Show total on the left side in order to see the stats for all (of your,) players
7) enjoy

Or if you want to be lazy and just look at the list of top players below, feel free to do so Very Happy

Hammer Nominees
-The Hammer is the most prestigious award in the NCBB, given to the best overall player in college football. Players are listed in no particular order:
-Herger, Nibraskah. 6 completions, 10 touchdowns, 1 casualty, 26 passing yards, 114 rushing yards, 33 blocks.
-Navarro Bowman, PainState. 4 touchdowns, 5 casualties, 46 rushing yards, 45 blocks.
-Nathan Stupork, PainState. 5 touchdowns, 3 casualties, 65 rushing yards, 36 blocks.
-#3 'Mad' Brad Kanuch (WR), U.Con. 2 touchdowns, 6 casualties, 45 rushing yards, 46 blocks (in four games.)
-Billy Gruff, Buffalo. 3 touchdowns, 4 casualties, 63 rush, 50 blocks.
-John Fonoti, Hawaii. 2 touchdowns, 6 casualties, 20 rushing yards, 81 blocks.
-Charolton Vest-on, Golden Gate. 5 completions, 5 touchdowns, 3 casualties, 3 passing yards, 39 rushing yards, 14 blocks.
-Turk Mcbride, Missouri. 1 completion, 3 touchdowns, 5 casualties, -1 passing yards, 18 rushing yards, 34 blocks.

Banger-Hardell Nominees
-The Banger-Hardell trophy is given to the best offensive player in the league. Players are listed in no particular order:
-Herger, Nibraskah. 6 completions, 10 touchdowns, 1 casualty, 26 passing yards, 114 rushing yards, 33 blocks.
-Kirk Duck-Glass, Golden Gate. 5 completions, 7 touchdowns, 16 passing yards, 75 rushing yards.
-Rondon Bibbs, Missouri. 10 completions, 8 touchdowns, -3 passing yards, 98 rushing yards.
-#37 Josh 'No Loss' Tillard (RB), U.Con. 1 completion, 6 touchdowns, 1 casualty, -1 passing yards, 126 rushing yards, 11 blocks.

Neeley Nominees
-The Neeley award is given to the best defensive player in college football. Players are listed in no particular order:
-M D Punisher, Clemson. 9 casualties on 83 blocks.
-Who Gives a D*mn, Navy. 9 casualties on 83 blocks.
-Michael von Bargen VI, Navy. 8 casualties on 78 blocks.
-Anthony Killer, California. 7 casualties on 97 blocks.

Wylie Coyote Nomninees
-The Wylie Coyote award, better known as the 'Gone too Soon' award, is given to the best player who had his career cut short, whether by injury, grade issues, death, kidnapping, assassination, poisoning, ex-girlfriends, Russo, "accidents," or anything else imaginable. Players are listed in no particular order:
Or not. This is pretty annoying to figure out so please pm me your team's nominations for players who died/retired from injury (graduate doesn't count,) and I'll add them to this list.

SOMUFTEN Nominees
-The SOMUFTEN award, or the 'Coach of the Season' award, is given to the coach who best lead his program during the season, whether it was winning a championship, overcoming numerous obstacles, or just being the least hated. Coaches are listed in no particular order:
-DaTodfatha: took PainState back to the championship with a ton of seniors and a 7-2-0 season to upset Oregon.
-Kryten: went undefeated (9-0-0) but came up short in OT in the title game.
-MrNomad: started out 0-1-2 but rebounded with five straight wins to reach the Rose bowl.
-Relezite: a 7-1-1 season for Mizzou and a Rose bowl victory.

New Award: Top Thrower Nominees
-For a few years now I've felt that not enough recognition was given to the triggermen, or rather triggerelves, that lead the numerous potent offensive attacks in the league. Some throwers distribute the ball on short, quick passes, while others look deep and go for the long bomb, and yet others are more dual threat players, holding onto the ball and heading towards the endzone until they need to get it to an open teammate. Players are listed in no particular order:
-Jeramy Bryant, Hawaii. 15 completions, 4 touchdowns, 77 passing yards, 56 rushing yards.
-Blaine Gabbert, Missouri. 15 completions, 69 passing yards, 53 rushing yards.
-Cary Grande, Golden Gate. 10 completions, 42 passing yards, 53 rushing yards.
-Deork Clark, PainState. 3 completions, 4 touchdowns, 3 passing yards, 101 rushing yards.

So there you have it! Some awards have a clear cut favorite, while others are very much up for grabs. Here are my thoughts:
Hammer: the best player, stat line wise, is clearly Herger, though he doesn't have many casualties, but he's still a nightmare for offenses because he can get to just about any ball carrier.
Banger-Hardell: Josh Tillard led the league in rushing, but Herger led the league in scoring. If Rondon actually threw some passes further than one square (either in front of or behind him,) he might win this award next year (assuming he kept scoring at the same rate.)
Neeley: Mummies are lame and no one likes them, even if they only want to hug. Vote for Anthony, even if he shouldn't win.
Wylie: don't feel like doing any more research so I'll add nominations when I get them, then maybe make a pick.
Coach: Tod finally beat the elves he so desperately hated and won a championship in the process (though his team dropped to 108 after mass graudation...gl buddy!)
Thrower: I make the posts and the group page so if I want to add another award, then I will! But seriously, real college football has about 15 awards, so I think we can add one for QBs. Jeramy Bryant led the league in passing yards and tied for the lead in completions, in addition to his 4 touchdowns and 56 rushing yards. If his 2 completion and 1 touchdown performance in the recent Fiesta bowl is any indication, it's just hard to stop this guy, even though he's not a 'true' thrower. More like Tim Tebow if you ask me Laughing

Don't drop the soap.
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2010 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Bufflo have played there "FRIENDLY" against RyanFitz's U Con.

And in a briliant stratagy deigned by none other than the famous Hob Gob strataigst "Kamakazie McFodder" the Bulls decided to use up all there bad dice in there off season game, with the result being, Drum roll please.....................

Bull's Vs U Con

After the game Coach Shades had this to say;

"Stage one of operation 'use up all the bad dice' was a compleate sucess now lets just hope the rest off the season plan goes just as well"

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2010 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBS Announcement: Season 8 Award Winners

We're about to begin another great season of NCBB action, so let's take a look at who ended up winning the different awards from last year.

Hammer Award- top player in the NCBB Image

Winner: Navarro Bowman, PainState, 5 votes.
Runner up: Herger, Nibraskah, 4 votes.

Banger-Hardell Award- top offensive player Image

Winner: Rondon Bibbs, Missouri, 6 votes
Runner up: Herger, Nibraskah, 4 votes.

Neeley Award- top defensive player Image

Winner: M D Punisher, Clemson, 8 votes.
Runner up: Michael von Bargen VI, Navy, 2 votes.

Gone too Soon Award, aka the 'Wylie Coyote Award'- best player no longer with their team Image

Winner: "HaWt" CahRL 'L'lehr, Mihn'eeSOH'tah, 8 votes.
Runner up: Jake "Australian Wood Duck" Cipro, Oregon, 1.01 votes.

Coach of the Season Award, aka the 'SOMUFTEN Award'- self exlpainatory Image

Winner: Da_Todfatha
Runner up: Aenir

Top Thrower Award- best quarterback, whether by air or ground, or both, in the NCBB (to be renamed after inaugural winner.) Image

Winners: Jeramy Bryant, Hawaii, and Blaine Gabbert, Missouri, 5 votes each.

So there you have it folks! Congrats to the several season 8 award winners, as well as any nominees for the awards. A few need explanation: the Wylie award was won in a landslide by Hawt Carl, but I forgot to include Jake Cipro (last season's hammer winner,) who died in the championship game in my list of potential nominees. I don't know how the voting would have been altered had he been listed, so I gave him an extra .01 of a vote to break the three-way tie for second place (with Hyglak and Robert Pitch-em.) The newly recreated Top Thrower award was a tie between Hawaii's Jermay Bryant and Mizzou's Blaine Gabbert, so we have a dilemma on what to name the award: either the Blaine-Bryant award, or the Jeramy-Gabbert award. I'll probably let Relezite and Apo bicker about which they like more before officially renaming it.

So, congrats to the several award winners + coach on a great season! Also thanks to Special K for voting for my saurri for the Neeley despite being perhaps the fourth most worthy candidate, though nothing you ever do will make up for the hearbreak you have caused my lizards!

Don't drop the soap.
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2010 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I smell voter tampering for Herger not to win at least one award.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2010 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

hopefully we can qualify him for the Wylie this coming season Very Happy
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2010 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I was shocked that Herger didn't win one, especially not the B-H award. Biggs was good and all, but I theorize that ppl looked at his 10 completions as impressive...but they should have looked at his three passing yards to know that they weren't all that impressive (hell my saurus with illegal AG drugs made a completion in a builder.)

Edit: negative three passing yards. Really voters?

Don't drop the soap.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2010 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Erf. Bibbs was a tacticle passer. A dump off artist. Is the dump off target usually upfield or down field where you have some cover?

Bibbs earned his trophy, I'm pretty sure any time he had the ball, Mizzou got to the endzone. The passing yards stat should work like speed, not velocity.
Sleepyweasel

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2010 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Always a bridesmaid never a bride. Looks like I'll have to focus more on him scoring or killing some more people. Hmmm maybe his next double will have to be MB. Herger is already psyched up on some "legal" drugs during the offseason scrimage he notched 1 completion, 1 cas & 1 MVP.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2010 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hall of Fame nominations are now being accepted in the Hall of Fame pm. If you have an elite player that used to play on your team, feel free to post his link into the thread so we can vote on the candidates in a week or so.

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2010 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBS Special Report: Season 9 Conferences

Seeing as we now have a solid nucleus of coaches+teams, we're going to try to keep the conferences together to establish seasonal rivalries. With that said, here are the conferences for next season:

Big Beast
Missouri
Pain State
California
Hawaii
Nibraskah
Mihn'eeSOH'tah

AKC
Oregon
UCon
DD Tech
Navy
Golden Gate
USML

Smack 6
Clemson
TTech
Buffalo
Vandy
Noise
NC State

I'll be working on the Out-of-Conference schedule this afternoon, as everyone will have 4 games against teams not in their conference. Obviously the three coaches (fitz, relez, and myself,) that have an extra team to fill gaps won't have their teams play each other.

Edit:

Non-AQ
Alabama
Tennessee
U of L
Army
Temple
Hu-Montana
Nevada
Cal State
Arizona State
Uglinois

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2010 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBS Special Report: Program Grades

With yet another great NCBB season complete, we've played a full four since the league restarted. This means we're seeing the first senior graduating class from many schools, so hopefully they planned accordingly and are able to fill out their roster with underclassmen. But this also means that it's a good time to take a look and give each school a grade based on win %, bowl victories, and championships. We'll also look into each program's future and predict their outlook for the next few seasons. So without further delay, let's get started:

PainState
4 seasons
21/5/7 overall record
1-3 bowl record
1 national championship

Until their championship victory over Oregon this season, Pain was always "good but not great," or "unable to win the big one." No one expected them to upset Oregon and earn their first bowl win, but they did just that in an OT thriller. Their seemingly flawless ball control and suffocating defense dominated the league this season, including the much hyped Big Beast conference (with three high-scoring spread teams.) Until their bowl win, coach TodFa couldn't have been happy with the way his teams finished their seasons (ourscored 1-6 in three bowl games.) But with an 7-2-0 season and national championship this year, PainState ends this four-year stretch with a massive exclamation point and significantly improves their grade.
Program Grade: A-
With a massive senior class of eight players (3 BoBs, 4 Blitzers, a lino, and a thrower,) it is going to be very difficult for State to rebound quickly and keep up their winning ways. Builder games were very favorable to PState, but they were only able to get up to 2 BoBs and 2 blitzers, forcing the coaching staff to recruit several lineorcs to fill out the roster.
Program Outlook: C-
Although having so many seniors helped them win a championship, it might set them back for the next two seasons. Three BoBs, all four blitzers, a DP lino, and a solid thrower are all graduating, leaving Pain with twelve players for next year, including some with limited potential. Season 9 might be a lost cause in the W column, but perhaps they can establish a young nucleus in order to build for future years.
--------------------------------------
Oregon Waterfoul
4 seasons
28/3/3 overall record
3-1 bowl record
1 national championship

Oregon has been the premier program of the NCBB ever since they joined up in week 2 of season 5. Seemingly unbeatable, the Waterfoul didn't lose a single game until season 7, where they lost to Clemson and UCon, and then went unbeaten in season 8 until falling in OT in the title game. With two title game appearances (and one championship in season 5,) and two rose bowl victories, there isn't much the large Oregon senior class (6 players,) didn't accomplish.
Program Grade: A+
For the title game, Oregon was at a league-leading 263 TR. One game and six seniors graduating later, the Waterfoul sunk to a shocking 140. Losing two underclassmen catchers to deaths certainly set them back, but Oregon faithful are numerous (23 FF...sheesh,) and will lure quite a few freshducks to the school pretty quickly. With seven players and 290k to build up the roster, Season 9 will be rough, but odds are that the Waterfoul will have their eyes set on a return to the title game soon after.
Program Outlook: C+
With an 82% win percentage, three bowl victories, and one national championship, it is easy to say that Oregon has been the best program in the league over the past four seasons. There were many games where the Waterfoul were struggling or even on the ropes, but they always seemed to make the crucial plays and get those critical rolls (admin client certainly helps,) and escape with a victory. Although they couldn't send out their seniors with a championship sandwich (aka winning titles in their freshman and senior seasons,) Coach K has to be very proud of his lucky duckers.
------------------------------
Missouri Two-Hand-Touch Tigers
3 seasons
23/5/7 overall record
1-2 bowl record

The Tigers have been a dominant program in the NCBB for the past few seasons, winning at least seven games in the previous two seasons. But for all their success, they haven't been able to win a championship. They did get to one last year, but fell to arch-rival UCon (who beat them the previous season in OT in the Orange bowl.) This year they had another stellar season but lost to PainState during conference play, who went on to win the championship themselves. Thus Mizzou has yet to reach the level of success that Oregon has had, being unable to win the big games. But perhaps that is changing, as they were finally able to win a bowl game this year, 2-1 over Clemson in the Rose Bowl.
Program Grade: A-
With so many blow-out wins vs slower teams the past two seasons (in addition to scoring at least two times in most of their other games,) the Tigers have accumulated numerous talented and experienced players. But depth and a relative lack of youth could be an issue if injuries start to set in, as well as mass graduation after this season. Luckily the Missouri fanbase has swelled with all of the team's victories, so perhaps they'll be able to recruit several freshmen to the team during the upcoming year. Regardless, if Mizzou truly wants to move into the elite tier of the NCBB, they'll have to find a way to win the big games and get back to the championship this year.
Program Outlook: A-
Missouri has been on the verge of greatness for a while now, so we'll see if they're finally able to take the next step and cap off a season by holding up the crystal trophy. With their rivals taking a step back and most of their talented players returning for one final season, next year is 'championship or bust' for the Tigers.
-----------------------------------
Clemson Terrors
2 seasons
14/5/4 overall record
1-1 bowl record

Clemson started out in the Non-AQ two years ago but got promoted mid-season and shocked the college football world by being the first team to ever defeat Oregon in the NCBB. Later the Terrors got to and won the Fiesta bowl over PainState, setting themselves up for a monster year this season. But things got off to a rocky start, tieing lowly Navy 1-1 due to about 6 failed pickups in the first half alone. Things got worse quickly as a 0-5 blowout loss to Mizzou (again ball handling problems,) and a 2-3 heartbreaking loss (do undead players have hearts?,) to Oregon looked to doom the Clemson season early on. However Clemson players and coaches are resilient bastards, and once they got into conference play they quickly asserted their dominance over the Smack 6, sweeping them and earning a trip to the Rose Bowl. The Terrors had their chance at revenge against the same Missouri team who demolished them earlier in the year, but weren't able to put enough elves into the grave and thus fell 1-2.
Program Grade: B+
Clemson has all underclassmen, so their time to shine has to be now, as many programs are graduating numerous players. With so many great players coming back, the Terrors just might be title favorites heading into the next two years. But history has shown that they're better as the underdogs, so Clemson will have to put their opponents down for good if they want to maximize their potential and reach the championship within the next two years.
Program Outlook: A
With all their key players potentially being around for two more seasons, Clemson has an excellent opportunity to win a championship while others are rebuilding. Their personal grudge against elves has led to mixed results thus far, so they'll have to find a way to finish the job vs the pointy eared menaces (specifically arch-nemesis Missouri,) if they want to reach their goals.
-------------------------------
U.Con. Huskies
4 seasons
25/5/7 overall record
3-1 bowl record
1 national championship

UCon has always been one of the most interesting teams in the league, winning at least 5 games every season for the last four years. Likewise, they've played in two Orange bowls, one Rose bowl, and one National Championship, which they won. With enough speed to deal with the numerous spread teams in the league, but also the strength to handle the larger teams, UCon was always competitive and had numerous standout players on their roster (including the first ever two-time Hammer award winner.) Though it is a bit ironic that once their super-wolves left the school Ucon won a national championship, even though they only had 1 (or less,) wolves for many games during that season.
Program Grade: A
The Huskies were hit hard by graduation, losing both Golems, a wight, and 3 zombies. But UCon still has both wolves (though one is nigged,) two wights, one Golem, and two ghouls for twelve total players. Things could be a little rough early on, but the Huskies should be back up to full strength quickly and perhaps contend for a title again in season 10.
Program Outlook: B+
Although they've lost quite a few positionals, U.Con has the experience and ability to continue their success over the next few seasons. Another BCS title would look good in their trophy case, but it won't be an easy task by any stretch of the imagination.
-------------------------------------
Nibraskah Wannabees
2 Seasons
16/2/8 overall record
0-2 bowl record

Nibraskah took the Non-AQ by storm last season and eventually got promoted to the big leagues where they held their own and got a major bowl invite, although they fell to Vandy. Thus big things were expected from the Wannabees this year, and things looked good as they started out 5-0. However, the gauntlet known as Big Beast conference play started, which lead to a three game losing streak. Another major bowl invite led to another loss, this time to UCon, capping off a disappointing season for the Wannabee faithful.
Program Grade: B
Despite their bowl failures, Nibraskah is in a very solid position for future seasons. Although they continue to accumulate injuries, the rats have solid depth and enough of a fanbase to recruit more players to fill the ranks. With all underclassmen (several top players are only entering their junior seasons,) enough pieces are in place for Nibraskah to compete for a National Championship as long as their star player, Herger, stays alive. Accusations of steroid usage have done nothing to stop this monster from dominating, although the team can't afford to overuse him and neglect developing their younger players.
Program Outlook: B+
Graduation won't occur for two more years for Nibraskah players, so the time is now for the Wannabee nation. But if these Wannabees want to be champions, they're going to have to do much better in conference play next season. Fortunately for the rats, several of their rivals are being hit hard by graduation, so we'll see if they can take advantage.
----------------------------------
Hawaii University
2 seasons
13/4/6 overall record
2-0 bowl record

Hawaii returned to dominate the passing records of the NCBB but have yet to been able to keep a thrower on the roster for very long. Regardless, they still win games and have successful seasons, capped off with bowl wins. However, for the program to take the next step, Hawaii will need to start winning important regular season games. Last year they lost a tough 0-1 game to Oregon, as well as back-2-back conference games to PainState and Nibraskah. In order for the flyin Hawaiians to be the next elite elven team, they'll have to start winning big games and get to bigger bowls. Still, a 2-0 bowl record is nothing to laugh at, in addition to a solid win %.
Having only been in the league for two seasons, Hawaii is now reaching a point where they should be competing for championships. With numerous blodge players, a solid receiving corps, and two St4 Ag5 monsters, Hawaii has the potential to be very good for the next few years. The question will be keeping their players on the field, as well as keeping them alive (specifically their guard players, who tend to be hunted by lizards.) Still, Hawaii has a bright future, especially if they continue recruiting and training promising players.
With a bunch of returning players, a solid core of blodgy elves, and two bowl victories, Hawaii looks primed for a breakout season. The trick will be doing better than 1-2-2 in conference play next season. But with some of their rivals being hit hard by graduation, Hawaii will look to go deep and sail past its opponents.
California Golden Lizards
4 seasons
18/9/14 overall record
0-4 bowl record

Cal has been arguably the most intriguing yet inconsistent team in the NCBB during the past four seasons, giving us such great jokes as sidestepping into the endzone whilst getting stripballed, or getting nuffled in a bowl game vs Navy, yet while also beating Mizzou the season they got to the title game. Back to back five win seasons couldn't fix Cal's bowl woes, as their two elven opponents ran circles around the slower lizards. Even when Cal loaded up on tackle/MB saurri, they couldn't beat the pointy eared bastards. Still, despite the team's inability to win a bowl game, Cal has been remarkably even in their records over the past four seasons (4-1-3, 3-4-1, 5-1-3, and 5-1-3.)
Program Grade: B-
With the graduation of five saurrii and one ag4 skink, Cal's massive TR of 260 took a gigantic hit in the offseason. But for all their flaws and F-ups the past few seasons, the Cal coaches were smart enough to save up funds over the last year to help recruit players to replace their five senior saurri. Luckily they were able to get all the funds they needed to get back to six saurri, and even get some Spps on them during builders, so perhaps the Golden Lizards have a chance to continue their moderate level of success over the next few years.
Program Outlook: B-
Many jokes have been told about the epic fails of the Lizards, partially because of their poor coaching moments and partially because of their bowl failures. What can be positively said about them is that they usually beat who they're supposed to and pull off a surprising win or two during a season, along with getting outplayed in a couple games and then completely F-ing up and blowing another. But even with mass graduation of a combined 281 spps, Cal has a chance to continue their folklore tales of mediocrity as soon as this upcoming season.
------------------------------------
Golden Gate Warriors
2 seasons
10/4/10 overall record
2-0 bowl record

Golden Gate has the offense to compete with anyone in that nation, but their defense has let them down anytime they can into tough competition. Losses to Hawaii, Missouri, UCon, and Oregon last year by a 4:12 margin were balanced out by wins vs lesser teams, including a 2-1 bowl victory over Navy. A similar pattern unfolded in season 7, where the Warriors struggled to a .500 record but won a 5-3 shootout in their bowl game. If Golden Gate wants to become the next elite elven team in the NCBB, they'll need to find a way to win against qualify opponents.
Fortunately for the Warriors, all of their players are Juniors or younger. With conference foes Oregon, UCon, and Navy all being hit hard by graduation, perhaps Golden Gate is due for a breakout season. A full receiving corps is part of the 15-elf roster, giving the Warriors enough depth to possibly reach a top-tier bowl.
Golden Gate has the potential and the opportunity to have a great season, but they'll have to finally win against teams that they haven't had much success against. Their offensive has been largely shut down vs good opponents, but now their opponents have gotten significantly weaker. With two seasons left before their good players leave, the Warriors need to take advantage of this Golden opportunity.
---------------------------------
Navy Midskeletonmen
4 seasons +4 early seasons
12/6/19 overall record
1-1-1 bowl record

Navy has been the butt of even more jokes than Cal, though the one joke they can always have is that they beat the Lizards in the season 5 Killer Lite bowl. But other than that, Navy has had few bright spots the past four seasons, though they did upset UCon last year. Regardless, Navy struggled against fast, agile teams in the past, and now they've (finally) been hit by mass graduation, so odds are that trend will continue.
Program Grade: C+
Despite having four mummies (with three having two skills,) the team only has ten players, with six of them being unskilled. Odds are that their Av7 won't be able to hold up, and teams will be able to run around and now perhaps over Navy like never before.
Program Outlook: D
Aenir revived the league and brought back his beloved Navy squad, which had moderate success early on but struggled in the past few seasons. Sadly, things aren't looking up for the Midskeletonmen, who will likely be sunk for a year or two while they try and develop their team.
Buffalo BullCentaurs
3 seasons
11/7/15 overall record
1-2 bowl record

Buffalo looked like the next big thing when they joined up in season 6 and made it to the Rose Bowl...before getting out CAS and outscored 0-3 by Oregon. They lost a great bullcentaur in that game and struggled through the next season, until they lost five players to death in a combined two games during their season 7 bowl + builder game after. Thus Buffalo struggled again through season 8, but managed to slowly build up their roster and win their bowl game vs Vandy.
Program Grade: C
It took a long time, but Buffalo finally has a full-ish roster again. The team has leaned heavily on their star bullcentaur Billy Gruff, while they slowly recruited players, and now they have six CD blockers, a troll, two BCs, and a few hobs to round out the team. With most of the team being underclassmen, Buffalo can finally look to be competitive again and get back to a top tier bowl game.
Program Outlook: B
Buffalo started out on fire but burned out quickly once injuries set in. But the heat is turning up again, and the BullCentaurs look to surprise everyone while several teams are recovering from graduation. While the overall roster isn't overly impressive now, it would only take a few games for the team to get substantially better in the trenches.
-----------------------------
Vampirebilt Commonthralls
4 seasons
17/7/13 overall record
3-1 bowl record

Vandy was the model of success for any program not named Oregon, being the only other school with 3 bowl victories. Though they didn't possess any elite players, Somertown got the most out of each of his players and they found ways to win games with stiff defense and positioning. But last year the team fell on hard times, getting beat up by the bashy teams and outrun by the agile teams. This led to a 1-2-6 record and the program's first bowl loss, as the team saved up funds for recruiting in the offseason.
Vandy was hit hard by opposing teams and lost a chunk of their roster last year, but saved up funds and took their lumps rather than waste eligibility on players who would likely get beat up. Though it was surprising that they didn't recruit some freshmen for their bowl game (as they would automatically redshirt,) or play in any builders, Vampirebilt has a good chance to find a new nucleus to build on for future seasons.
Vandy was the epitome of success for any program who wasn't winning national championships, as their constant level of success and excellent coaching was the envy of everyone. Last season wasn't very kind of the Commonthralls, but now they have a chance to rebuild and set themselves up for a return to the success in the future by taking a bite out of their opponents.
--------------------------------------------------
Noise State
1 season
8/1/0 overall record
0-0 bowl record

Noise State completely dominated the Non-AQ group this past season, going on a 6 game win streak to end the season. Sadly the stadium where their bowl game was going to be played got demolished by menacing chaos armies, so it wasn't able to get played. Regardless, Noise will be a massive challenge for any returning squad, with their mass block, several guard and/or MB players, two dauntless catchers, and 16 ff.
Noise's team is almost all sophomores, so there is an enormous amount of potential for the squad. Add that with 16 FF, and any losses will likely be replaced rather quickly. There isn't much this team can add outside of a DP, so building up recruiting funds in case of emergency could be beneficial.
Noise State has yet to lose in the NCBB, but given that almost all of the teams they ran over last year (22 scores for vs 3 scores against,) are no longer in the league, it'll be interesting to see how Noise does against tougher competition every week.
----------------------------
Mihn'eeSOH'tah Golblen Gogres
bowl game + 2 seasons
6/4/12 overall record
1-0 bowl record

Minni has been one of the fluffiest teams in the league over the past few seasons, in addition to the previous two before that with their other squad of similar Ogre-stature. But fluff hasn't translated into winning seasons, as Minni has struggled to keep up with the numerous agile teams in the league. However, when Minni does play someone close, it's pretty epic, as they tied Navy via a t16 TTM early in the year, then tied Pain 1-1 and almost cost them a shot at the title game (which they later won, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.) Still, success has not been synonymous with Gogre football.
Program Grade: C
Injuries are commonplace for Gogre squads, which is why there has been a revolving door at the 'skill' positions for Minni, who is constantly throwing out fresh gophers for the opposition to squish. But this strategy has enabled Minni to recruit seven massive Ogres for the team, though two of them have acquired niggling injuries. Still, unless the team start getting ahead of the eight ball in terms of depth, rather than behind it, it'll be tough for the Gogres to start winning games.
Program Outlook: C+
Minni is always fun to watch and will always be a fan favorite, but things are never easy for an Ogre squad. They've managed to build up a roster that includes seven gogres, which won't make them a pushover for anyone, especially with graduation setting in. Still, Minni is stuck in the beast, where numerous agile teams live, so unless they manage to kill all of them, it could be a struggle.
----------------------------------
D.D. Tech for Niggling Arts
3 seasons
7/4/23 overall record
1-0 bowl record

DD Tech might have the most beautiful team in the nation, but they might have the ugliest overall record. Their inability to cause casualties or stop the opposition from scoring has led to the team's struggles. Their sole bowl appearance was a 5-0 victory over a seven player Gogre squad, leaving little confidence in the team's capability to win games.
Program Grade: C-
With all that said, DD Tech is a fairly young team with a lot of potential. The vast amount of injuries has forced the team to keep replacing players, so the team should have talent for the next few seasons while many teams are rebuilding. There is still room to add depth, which is never a bad thing for elven teams.
DD Tech hasn't had much success on the field, though off the field they might be #1. Regardless, in order to turn things around and start winning, DD Tech will need to vastly improve on defense and start copying the blueprints laid out by Oregon, Hawaii, Mizzou, and the other elven teams who have had success in the league.

So there we have it. I actually started this post weeks ago and slowly worked on it for a few days, then stopped for a while before finally finishing today. I skipped Texas Tech, NC State, USML, and obviously the new teams. I'll probably redo this every two seasons, maybe each season if I get bored. Hope you guys enjoyed this!

Don't drop the soap.
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2010 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing writeup as usual Ex-Con I really enjoy what people have to say about the teams. I am not so sure Clemson is the leading contender to win it all with Mizzou being so strong and as you have said an Arch Nemesis. But we'll see how the season goes. Hopefully my OoC schedule won't be as beastly as it was last season Smile
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2010 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBS Special Report: Season 9 Out-of-Conference Schedule

As most of you know, we have three conferences of six teams, and try for a 9 game season + a bowl game. Thus we need four out-of-conference games for each team, before conference play starts. So much thanks to fitz for having a magic scheduler to make this easy to figure out, though I switched a few of the teams around to get easier scheduling matchups.

Week 1:
Minni vs GG
Oregon vs TT
USML vs Nib
Mizz vs UCon
NC vs Noise
Vandy vs Hawaii
Cal vs DD
Navy vs Buff
Clemson vs Pain

Week 2:
Minni vs TT
Oregon vs Nib
NC vs GG
Mizz vs Vandy
USML vs Hawaii
Noise vs UCon
Cal vs Buff
Navy vs Pain
Clemson vs DD

Week 3:
Minni vs UCon
Oregon vs Vandy
NC vs Hawaii
Mizz vs DD
USML vs Buffalo
Noise vs Pain
Cal vs GG
Navy vs TT
Clemson vs Nib

Week 4:
Minni vs Vandy
Oregon vs Hawaii
NC vs UCon
Mizz vs Buff
USML vs Pain
Noise vs DD
Cal vs TT
Navy vs Nib
Clemson vs GG

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2010 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The Non-AQ schedule is up:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6888&p=tournaments

Best of luck noobies! Recall that you cannot hire stars/wizards, and there is a 3 foul limit per game. The only rivalry is Tennessee vs U of L, where wizards are allowed and fouls are unlimited!

Recall that the top 2-3 Non-AQ teams could get invites to bowl games if their record is good enough, so make sure to do your best. Most of the Non-AQ teams will be moving up to the BCS group next season as well, so remember that you're building towards the future as well.

Please ask any questions that you might have.

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2010 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The BCS schedule is up:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6888&p=tournaments

We're trying something different this season, going with an Open Round Robin tournament, which opens up everyone to play everyone...until fitz and I manually closed all the games you aren't supposed to play according to our schedule. Thus each team has 4 games open, and we're taking a risk in order to keep the stats at the bottom accurate.

So listen up. You MUST follow the schedule in order, because I swear to nuffle that if you mess up, you will not play in a bowl game this season or next. It is NOT that difficult to read, so just play your four games in order and you'll be safe. Since the tournament is open, you can play ahead if and only if your next opponent is up to your week.

Both the BCS and Non-AQ week 1 games are due Sunday, October 24th. From that point on, each round will be one week, in order to keep the league moving forward.

Don't drop the soap.
 Jump to: