58 coaches online • Server time: 19:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
megafreak666

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, the computer illiterate is in trouble again.
Deja Vu. I can't seem to get things right when I download this software. I tried getting 6.6B because I guess you need it for matches to count. I download it and run it, but when I try to launch the JRE i get this "splash missing or corrupted." The exact same thing as last time week when I got 6.5
I hate to be a nuissance, but what am I doing wrong?
veron

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

This is just a wild guess here, if someone knows better, please tell... But I think you might get an error message like that when the downloading didn't go right... So maybe try downloading & running the patch again.
MixX

Post 5 Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am fairly new to this myself, so this might be a silly question, but what are you doing when trying to "install" the patch? I simply unzipped it to the folder Javabowl is installed to, and it works fine.. If you did this then just ignore my post please!
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

all you need to do is unzip the downloaded file. The important part is to keep the folder structure. If you are using winzip, when extracting, make sure the 'use folder names' check box is checked.
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps you are trying to use the patch all by itself? The patches are made to be added to the 6.0 full install. If you just unzip the patch to its own seperate directory then this will happen. The patches are there to update the files in the 6.0 install directory.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Just as an aside, I am in the habit of not updating files like the icons and positions, since mine are custom. Unless its a "big" patch and Ski has noted that he made changes.
CptMofo

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Waits for the coming Leisure Suit Larry jump..when SkiJunkie just skips 7 and goes straight for 8..Now that would rock...
Above numbers are an example..
Btw. Anyone who has LSL 4??

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I think I might have it. I unzipped it so that the 6.6B patch is in the same folder with the BB exe. Its next to all the incon, options and portraits and stuff like that. The pics, results, teams folders are still in the same place. It still opens up fine for stand alone games. How can I be absolutely sure, though, that the patch is working correctly? I'd hate to play a game and not be able to report the match.
veron

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Look at your client when you have started it, you can see the version number on the window's title bar.
megafreak666

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2003 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I got it (finally) It was throwing me off because it wouldn't start from the desktop for some reason. But I can still run it from explore. no worries. thanks all.
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a different problem.

No field is now displayed at all.

Looking at the folders, I found the field images in \pics, but \pics\fields was empty.
So I copied the images into this folder also, but nothing changed.

Some Hint?

marco

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

the directory should look something like this:
{ edit: I scaled it down so it wouldn't fill the whole screen, but it's nearly unreadable now. Let me know if you need this clarified or if you got the idea. }

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm... mine \fields folder is now completely empty (but the fields pics I copied) Confused
Since I am saving the old zip files, I think I will try to fix manually.

Thanks for the screenshot! Smile

marco