15 coaches online • Server time: 05:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Davosaurus

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The forfeit actually helped you close the gap between you and Neverborn. I don't know if this is why you're anoyed or if it is the loss of SPP's and cash. The game was holding up the whole league. Nobody else could play until your game got finished and I don't think that you could reasonably expect everyone else to wait for you. Anyway, I totally agree with you that 2 hours a week maximum is not much committment and nobody should have joined this league if they couldn't meet that committment.
RIPNE1

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

wheres tath been waiting 13 days
Dark_Lord

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Davo, it is the loss of SPP's and cash that is annoying me. Realistically the gap is widening, as far as team rating and strength go.
At this crucial stage of team development, when your just trying get your players their first skill, it's frustrating because forfeiting games causes disparity between teams in our conference, and everyone knows that to have a successfull tournimant you must have parity among teams, otherwise it turns out to be like the HIGH AND DRY LEAGUE.
whitey

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if there was a handicap system then the parity wouldn't be quite so neccesary. If you stick it out though, hopefull you will be against similar teams next season.
Davosaurus

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Rip: Looks like you got a forfeit win against Tath.
Dark_Lord

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmm, my next opponent hasn't been on in 10 days, looks like i have another forfeit to look forward to.
vigil

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark_Lord: who knows you may find yourself forfeited all the way to the premier league! Smile
Tank

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh no you dont, that's my claim to fame Vigil.lol

You see ive gotten two forfeit's already and my next opponent hasnt been online for 15 day's.

Go the Foo-Forfeit against me-Fighters!
Where going all the way...

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

damn, I need that game! i need to get rid of my mng and I need money to get zara for those undead!
whitey

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats up with the last match in our division, both guys have been online heaps, but the game is still not played?
whitey

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, offering Bowlbot sexual favours pays off, 2 skills, 2 +Strength. Thanks for a great match tweakfu.
Dark_Lord

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting back to some of the ideas you guys have had regarding the structure of the league next season. I think a scheduled season with small divisions are definately the way to go, maybe Twahn could categorize certain teams and put them in the same division.
For example, say teams like Chaos, Nurgle Rotters and High Elves are all teams that start off with relatively few skills if any at all, so putting them in the same division makes sense as far as giving every team a chance to develop and be competitive, otherwise the teams that start with no skills will always end up at the bottom of the table, as evidenced by our current season.

How about we start with 5 divisions of 4 teams, as Clayinfinity has suggested, you then play each team in your Div twice and two other matches outside your Division totaling 8 games.

Hopefully with this kind of system, Coaches will be able develop their teams easier and not lose interest in the competition, and also would add some flavour with a wide variety of teams.
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Who decides against which outside teams you play? Every one would choose the Halfling team or any other weak team.
Davosaurus

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't agree with team categorisation based on starting skill level. Teams that start with few skills tend to have high stats to make up for it, e.g. high AG for Elves and high ST & AV for Chaos. The Fraud Gang are the best developed team in our division and they started with 10 Linemen and 1 Witchelf. I think it would also detract from the flavour of the competion by reducing the variety of teams you played against. Dark Elves and High Elves would always be lumped together as would Rotters be placed with Chaos and Orcs be placed with Chaos Dwarves and Dwarves, etc. I think Twahn has done a great job keeping variety of teams high by making the 1 of every LRB race before there can be 2 of one race.

To keep interest high I think that you have to reduce the number of games played. The whole idea of small divisions, at least as I see it, was to reduce the number of games played. So if your team is on the bottom and likely to stay there you can play your one or two games more and come back next season against more appropriate opponants in a lower Div. I think 3 divs of 6 teams or less playing everyone once for a max of 5 games per coach per season is the way to go. This will allow teams to shift up and down through divisions quickly and hopefully weed out slow coaches before they become a serious problem.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree - 6 teams, 5 games and then the deck chairs are reshuffled.

Also, people will drop out - that's life - but the impact of drop outs will be short lived rather than the tortuous 14 game long Premier Div...

And conversley if your team is trashed, you won't have long to wait before you can start again in the lowest division with a TR100...

6 Team Divs... if we have more than 18 coaches, make the bottom division an unrestricted, 5 game capped Open League and allow the coaches to prove their worth...
 Jump to: