13 coaches online • Server time: 07:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like this new rule?
Yes, it's worth a try
7%
 7%  [ 32 ]
No, but i would like some other way to prevent elfbowling
6%
 6%  [ 28 ]
I don't like elfbowling, but i don't think we can do anything about it
18%
 18%  [ 79 ]
Elbowling is fine
66%
 66%  [ 280 ]
Total Votes : 419

Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

So yeah, no need to read the thread to make a totally irrelevant an in-accurate response to what was said, you'll be able to make it anyway! Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

xyon wrote:
Maybe bashers should play against elves more to learn how to setup a proper defense, and maybe take diving tackle on a few of their double rolls instead of another boring claw or something, and pass block to get it on the guy.

So yeah, no need to ban elf ball for bashing coaches being inept at defense, they'll get their turn to bash them up.

I thought that one of the big problems of elfballing is that it means that the bashers don't get to play vs elves.....

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
xyon

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
So yeah, no need to read the thread to make a totally irrelevant an in-accurate response to what was said, you'll be able to make it anyway! Razz

exactly! I'm not really in the mood to read the rest of the thread.

SillySod wrote:

I thought that one of the big problems of elfballing is that it means that the bashers don't get to play vs elves....

I suppose thats true, although it doesnt stop people from playing stand alone games or asking friends to play in unranked or league or something for them to get better with and against certain teams or styles or play.

The whole rest of the thread asside, banning people from playing the way their team was designed is stupid, like banning claw/rsc combo or gutters with dauntless/horns or any other stupid broken combo of players/skills thats effective at either scoring or tearing a team appart.

Its a game, not all matches are fair, but the choices for skills are always there.

I guess it was wrong to assume that all other elf coaches aren't complete wussies and actually played against bashing teams outside of tourney's for fun and to test their team, but I shouldn't make that assumption.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought we agreed to ban ana first.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ban Dolier?

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ban Deras

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely we should ban Dage?

This thread has been patched up more than enough.
Gran

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would second banning Deras.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

We should ban Tali asap.
Hayati

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

From LRB 5:

Blood Bowl teams travel round the Old World, moving from venue to venue to play games. In a way, the teams are much more like a travelling company of actors, or a mercenary regiment, than the Blood Bowl teams of Nikk Three-horn's days. Because of this anarchic set-up it is up to each team manager to organize matches, set dates for games, and so on.

It would be quite in with the theme for some Elf team managers to favor self-preservation! Enjoy this stuff, each coach & team has its own quirks!

The real threats to FUMBBL are not these players, but the ones who are only in to win, ignoring all the fluff and fun that is Blood Bowl!

Wink

Russo

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I am not bothered either way about this as long as the games are legal....

When I am bashers I am not keen on playing blodgers very often, when I am blodgers I am not keen on playng bashers too often...

a strange paradox to be honest Laughing

EDIT: I will play bashers with elves but only if I feel that I have an even chance, which to be fair is a coach's right!

Now to take my [L] LOTR Elves to play Keravin's Khemri for a place in the next round Razz

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
I disagree entirely. Elfball isnt cherrypicking, it's a preference for a different style of play that both coaches can enjoy.

Which just shows that I read more of this thread than you did. Wink "Elfballing" as used in this sense (based on post #1) isn't about how the game itself is played, but in what opposition is chosen to play against. Thus in this usage "Elfballing"=Cherrypicking.
Russo

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL show me any of the top coaches that does not select their games carefully and I will show you a zero figure.... Razz

Emphasy, Synn, PeteW, Purplegoo, spubbbba....they do not accept all games offers...hence Craftnburn your statement is not the one held by those coaches that play the most games at the highest level. Yes they are great coaches, yes they are decent guys, YES they cherrypick!

We all do....it makes me laugh how coaches take the moral high ground over these things. Ohh and if anyone tries that crap about coaches not "selecting the best game" then I must be seeing all my fellow FUMBBL'ers (myself included) in a dream cos I have had enough rejections even when challenging upwards Razz

===================================================================
EDIT: and btw....I have been cherrypicked a few times and loved it...even won some of them handsomely Laughing

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo wrote:
LOL show me any of the top coaches that does not select their games carefully and I will show you a zero figure.... Razz

You misunderstand my point... I said Elfballing is cherrypicking, I never said there was anything wrong with it.
Hayati

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought Cherrypicking was when you picked games you would win?

Elves are rather good at winning!

Jump to: