33 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an undead team - I'll play in that!

Mind you, I am not keen to see them go, but that is life (and undeath)....
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Is there some other reason for adherring 100% to the rules committee other than "that's the way Christer and Skijunkie want it"?

Skijunkie doesn't come into it, he writes the client but is not involved in the running of this site. There is nothing that forces us to follow the LRB 100%, but that is what we have chosen to do and that is in no danger of changing.

The Finishing Touch
meatpack

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

where do you find out about this rules review deal thingy?

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
Er, can you be more cryptic peikko?

I'm pretty sure peikko was referring to the fact that the undead team has done VERY well in several tournaments all over the world. As of today, there are four undead teams in the NAF Coach Rankings top 10.

http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=rankings
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

soooo..... what wil become of division x when there are no experimental rosters to use cos they are all in open??? will one big division be made? it would seem a bit silly to me having 2 identical leagues... Confused
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny, stop stealing ideas from my mind Razz

Well, I really like my undead teams, they are the race i played most in my life (never played anything else in real life bloodbowl). But when the time for a change has come, i will accept it. The admins provide us this site, and when they say, that my precious undead have to bite the dust, then it will be. I think i would take the chance to move my teams to another division (divx would be better for me, because i would be able to get more matches, but according to the rules this will not be possible). And I already thought about making an undead-only tourny, just for my pleasure Smile

So let's just hope, they keep the undead as official roster, due to their balance and first but all their great charisma Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

browwnrob_ni wrote:
soooo..... what wil become of division x when there are no experimental rosters to use cos they are all in open??? will one big division be made? it would seem a bit silly to me having 2 identical leagues... Confused

I doubt all of the current experimental teams will become official during this years review. Ogres and Vampires seem the most likely to need aditional tuning, and Pro Elves have not had much time to be tested yet.

The Finishing Touch
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

"Also please ease off on the "people's wishes vs those of the admins" spiel. You're beginning to sound a bit like Force does when he goes off on one of his new ideas. No offense intended. "

Damn Psiko that's a bit harsh. I was just curious (as I played an undead team only once and hated it). The intent was not to critique the admins but to ask if there were any other issues that might affect how the site was run.

Being compared to Force .....now THAT hurts.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I was chatting to the AUS rep for the rules review, he is very much against undead being canned and is pretty sure they won't go.

thiings that may happen are

No mods to injury (MB is +1 armour DP is +2 armour on foul or foul assist)
RSC is gone
Claw now allows you to roll 3d6 for armour and pick the best two
no IGMEOY only sent off on a double
Piling on gives a re-roll to armour
you don't get +1 to armour for fouling
you still get +1 from assists to a foul
fouling may earn SPP

the bigegst thing to come out of this is PO, MB and CLAW stack...

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow those are pretty drastic ... IMO

For the most part, good.

But SPPs from fouling plus IGMEOY reduced? Better get those dirty players lined up!
I think this will cause an increase in fouling for all 8/16 turns since there is not an increased chance of getting thrown out on the 2nd and successive fouls.

But that's a topic for another thread

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

cataphract wrote:
I was chatting to the AUS rep for the rules review, he is very much against undead being canned and is pretty sure they won't go.

Your words in gods ears Smile
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the sounds of some of those rules. With no +2 to injury, fouls are not as harsh. Sure, the incentive is there to gang foul, but at least you don't have to watch a +2 modifier added to the roll and hoping that an 8+ is NOT rolled on injury.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

athoragg wrote:
If undead team dies, then no more Wights Sad. Maybe undead should be redesigned so not to have the mummies, but have wraiths Very Happy

Wights in Necromantic team.
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
Darkwolf wrote:
Why the F#$% are they canning the undead? Never seen one win a tourny, ever.
Maybe thats why Wink
\

You don't get rid of teams 'cuz they're no good, you get rid of teams 'cuz their too good!

UNDEAD FOREVER!!!!
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 21:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a quote from JJ's article in BBMag #9

Quote:

To my mind, [...] aesthetic considerations are every bit as important as the game rules - or to put this another way, Blood Bowl's enduring appeal is not only that it is a great game to play, but also that it is supported by a range of characterful miniatures and has a unique 'tongue-in-cheek' background. The old Undead team failed to do two of these three things, but the new Undead teams acheive all three. And that, in a nutshell, is why I changed them.
 Jump to: