39 coaches online • Server time: 14:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will the FUMBBL Cup be one by a WIL member? If so who?
pac (WIL Grandad)
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Purplegoo (stats geek)
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
PeteW (nOOb)
20%
 20%  [ 34 ]
Gritter (psychopathic murderer)
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
spubbbba (Scottish Squirrel Impersonater)
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Russo (King of the Sheep)
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Robbo44 (Vampire kid)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
PandaPower (Chess Uber-nerd)
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
phil78 (Scotch King of the Ghoul-killers)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WIL wont win cos they suck!
35%
 35%  [ 59 ]
Cake
17%
 17%  [ 29 ]
JockMcRowdy (Almond Pastry Muncher)
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 168

Xenon

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2007 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and no news on my FC opo... I think he wants to pounce on me with no warning so the WIL mafia aren't there to boo him Wink
Xenon

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2007 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

News just in:
Tomorrow 7pm (UK time) me vs those chaos
Xenon

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2007 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Jedi Powers FTW
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2007 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Xenon for the FC! and grats cribble too!
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2007 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Panda, and thanks to the WI Mafia who were definately giving me the cheers I needed! Played like a drunk monkey in the first half, but my nasty Chaos bashed their way to overtime and a 2-1 win. We were lucky, the T16 score needed a 2+ pickup and 3+ hand off and we needed a reroll for it. Then overtime started, I had 13 men he had 9, we recieved, had 3 rerolls to their 1, and the casualties started to rain in. James Bond teams FTW! Cheers WIL! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2007 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So My round 4 match is now up:

My Team:

DBZ Tenkaichi

His Scary Chaos Team:

Chaotic Supastarz

Not scheduled this one yet, but first I need to decide how best to spend my piffly cash to maximise my chances:

My thoughts:
1) Sack the niggler and buy a new lineman
2) Hire the blunderbuss
3) Hire the wizard

Anyone out there got any advise to give me the best chance of not getting completely mashed and maybe even using my jedi mind tricks to somehow win this match?!
xcver

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2007 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

If you do sack him, who not rebuy a dwarf instead of a hobbo?
Blunderbuss is no option imho.
Wizard is OK in my book and most often lets the opponent play more loosely which could open more space for your centaur's to operate.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2007 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

WIL mafia, your /cheer's are needed! Tonight, 2100 server time.

My Chaos Team (I Expect you to Die!) VS Dansc's Amazons (Just Some Pretty Divas).

We're stronger, but giving away a few handicaps and not enough tackle to be secure. I've money for a star or wizards, but planning on saving it for the next round to hire Morg. Right tactic, or should I be getting a wizard/star? Any last minute tips?

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2007 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:
Wizard is OK in my book and most often lets the opponent play more loosely which could open more space for your centaur's to operate.

I meant dorf lineman not hobo lineman Wink
xcver

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2007 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Xenon wrote:
xcver wrote:

I meant dorf lineman not hobo lineman Wink

ah ok Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2007 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i think you should take nothing for granted and get the Star. The wizard is a one shotter, i think over the course of the game, the Star would be more useful.

He has hired both the Star Player and the Wizard. Odds are that with the handicaps, you could be missing a player or two due to something like the Greatest, this could put you down as low as 11 or 12 players for this match-up against a full squad of 16 (including Zara) and a wizard.

I would take nothing for granted in this and hire the star, secure the win and worry about the next round when you get there.

Also, he is employing Dirty Players too and will be fouling from the off. This could really put you at a disadvantage.

Don't treat this match up too lightly. Although he has only played 19 games, he has never lost with this team.

Get Orcs Out of Faction.
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2007 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Which star would be the first question? Borak gives me a fourth DP, and I'm fairly confident we'd come out on top in a foulwar? He'll add to my strength advantage as well, or would one of the Big Guys help out more? Nobbla is a cheap alternative, but would take up my blitz every turn and I can't see him making much of an impact anway?

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2007 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

@Xen

I think sacking the niggled blocker and replacing him would be good, you could always freeboot him and a hobbo to give you the numbers if you want to go foul happy, but that'll put you in worse shape should you win. A wiz would be nice but a bit hit and miss vs a team of mostly AG3.

Zzharg isn't worth it with the Blocker missing. Just hope for some good handicaps then get some nice hits in and you have a shot.

@Crib
Well the zons do look beatable, but they have a lot of blodge 15 players and handicaps on you. The AG5 thrower and a wizard could pose problems too, but you have 3 tacklers and some DP so should be able to cause some damage. Should you win neither of the teams you face are that scary so I think you should save most of the cash. Have you considered Nobbla for 40K? He could be pretty nasty vs AV7 blodge, and i think he can be thrown by the mino for a desperate 1 turn attempt.
Mind you a mighty blow fireball on AV7 zons could be quite nasty too.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2007 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

With Xenon, I'd replace, that's a tough game for you, and you'll need fortune whatever you do. To be honest, I don't see a Wizzie being a game breaker, and I'm not a fan of getting Madeye for a game when he's going to get sent off, and you could have a n00b.

With Cribble, I'd normally say save, but with those handicaps, I'd prolly spend. I wouldn't take Nobbla, you'll spend the whole game protecting the ball (when you have it) and Dr. No (who I'd hope will forget to pile on tonight!). A third thing to worry about won't do you much good, and you can't blitz with both! Take Borak, get the ST, the Leader re-roll (good for OT), and an emergency fouler second half if you're running out.

But I'll only cheer you if you're back in next season! Very Happy
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2007 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Borak makes sense to me. ST5, Block and MB, and a spare DP for later on. I'll be back next season, mailed pac a couple of days back asking about race availablity and just waiting on him before I create a replacement team! And Dr No will certainly not be piling on whilst there is a DP on the pitch!