58 coaches online • Server time: 23:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garax

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely they are absolutely REDICULOUS.

Don't they need toning down? Lots.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

No, they don't. Just take away their ogre.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Now if slayers HAD to attack big guys whenever they start their turn next to them (even their own big guys), now that'd be fun.

Otherwise slayers and ogre on the same team is just... wrong.
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Wood Elf: 47 / 16 / 37 (W/T/L)

Skaven: 46 / 16 / 37

Amazon: 46 / 17 / 37

Dwarf: 42 / 20 / 39

This should speak for itself.
DaveSpencer

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think instead of the Ogre, dwarves should only have access to the deathroller.
cusi

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

shame on the dwarf coach that has an ogre on his team

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

sourwyrm what speaks for itself?? what are those figures representing ??
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

(W/T/L) = (Win/Tie/Loss) in percentages.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

who, when, where? and how come they don't add up to 100%?!!
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular, it's called a rounding error, calm down.

Cusi, is it ok if the Ogre is the designated bench warmer?

Garax, to say they are ridiculous without a specific gripe is silly. Why do you think they need to be changed? Because they beat the tar out of you? That's sorta infantile. We end up having a discussion almost every week about how one roster is "unbalanced" the complainers need to get over it. Unless you can display some sort of inherent rule abuse or mathematical advantage that can't be mitigated by wise and clever coaching, then hush. Please.
Filov

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf teams can be beaten by running away from them, the longbeards only have mv 4, the blitzers mv5 and the runner mv6.

If you don't believe me, check ou this match.... a clever coach with a 10 man goblin team beat my healthy dwarf team....

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=140698

Course, I also agree with Cusi, shame on the dwarf coach who has an ogre on his team....
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2003 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow filov i would never admit to that, let alone post it in the forum.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2003 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Does it make it any better if i tell you that the coach was EvolvetoAnarchism? ;P
Bruno

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm no, to me it doesnt matter who the opposing coach is when you play like that, sorry, no offence intended... but you cant give him all the credit for making that play. Seemed like a typical example of missing the "do the safe moves first"-trick, thus letting that gobbo stand without interference to recive the pass, as well as out of reach for a block. Wink

Having said that it is always nice to see gobbos win on the pitch, my personal favorite but against those pesky dwarves there is not much to be done, well, I've won against a Dwarf team during my tour but I cant really claim that I deserved that win. =)

But, having said this, the sad part about the Dwarf team as it is now is that it is devastating against some sorts of teams. In any game I want to see a ballance and that every team should be ballanced against the other, not that a race always would trash one other race and so on, it would always be up to the coach. Well, sure, coaching always matter... but, take gobbos, hmm perhaps they are not meant to be a competative team, but against dwarves they loose their ability to dodge, and that is about all they got, well, granted the stunty ability is a bonus, but without rerolls its damned risky business. Or, to take a more common team, Amazons. Their team is all about dodge. And, with that ability taken away they are more like humans with weak armor.

Hmm and now to contradict myself, I would say taht I dont mind my poor gobbos getting smashed, they are bound to get smashed anyways. But, the "new" concept teams are strange in my view, that is Norse and Amazons. They are just a human team loaded with an ability that until then was loaded into another teams profile, and then got their armour reduced. Norse are almost like wannabe dwarves, and amazons take all the fun away from the gobbos (and halfers!) by combining their abilities with humans.

Hmmm ok, now im so way off the starting topic that ill better stop before my fever is killing me
fbbl

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2003 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

we might have something going here tackle is a boring ability that is no use agains some and to usefull against others . so take away tackle and give them something allways usefull like standfirm ,then try to break that dworf line =)
 Jump to: