15 coaches online • Server time: 07:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
elara

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to try a dwarf variant in a local league, give the longbeards 4 3 2 10 block.
It makes them a lot less scary to amazons & stunties, but a bit stronger in basher vs basher games against orcs & chaos etc.
Revener

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing wrong with the god ole' dorfs.

And although I do have an Ogre on my Dwarf team I agree with the ppl that say they don't really need one. I just could afford one Wink + they are good against other BG's which should be taken away from the game too..........
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Why don't we ever have these discussions about wood elves and skaven? Seems like lots of coaches confuse the ability to cause casualties and the ability to win.
Clementus

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

How about we just ask to raise price of RR's surely that would be a decent way of handicapping them a bit.

Flings Rule!
Calamir

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the answer is simple, sourwyrm:

Agile opponents can make you lose matches.
Bashy opponents can make you lose your team. Which is much worse - IMO at least :X
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I would rather win and lose my team. If a couple guys die, so what I play teams lower in strength.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Bashy opponents can make you lose matches as well. Agile opponents can retire teams, too.

Dwarves are fine as they are.

The thing that dwarves are good at is defending. I'm not referring to stopping touchdowns (as just 1 player slipping through can spell doom for all those slow dwarves if in a bad position), but rather guarding an area of the pitch. When the ball/ball carrier is in that area, it's tough to get in (or out). This makes it easy to play clock control (or stalling, depending upon how you feel about it. I'm trying to stay neutral here).

If you think dwarves are too hard to beat, watch some replays that involved people beating them. See if there's anything you can do to change your tactics, rather than changing the dwarves. The team isn't the problem. Maybe you could try making a dwarf team and see who schools you and how.

Don't try to fix the problem by writing it out of the rules. That's weak and you'll just make more new and exciting problems. Find a way to improve your own team/coaching to get solve the problem.

*** Standard disclaimer: This message should be applied to all words which come out of my mouth or are typed on my keyboard. Please apply it where appropriate. All opinions expressed above are just that. Opinions. You are free to disagree. I do not care. I am still free to express them. If that disturbs you greatly, do not read/listen to the above statements. They exist solely to ease my own mind by communicating said opinions and hopefully help someone else make an educated decision on a matter, whatever it may be, but hearing/reading the advice of others, weighing it, and coming to their own conclusion. It is not my desire to make up your mind, simply to help you make a decision for your own self. I have enough problems making up my own mind that I see no need nor qualification to take responsibility for someone else as well. Hopefully the opinions expressed above are of a slightly different viewpoint than yours and provide you with an alternate insight. If not, that's ok. I don't particularly care. I tried and that's good enough for me. ***

( edit: Don't ask me where I got that. That kind of day. Damn, it's too long to put as my .sig. Razz )

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
If you think dwarves are too hard to beat, watch some replays that involved people beating them. See if there's anything you can do to change your tactics, rather than changing the dwarves. The team isn't the problem. Maybe you could try making a dwarf team and see who schools you and how.

I made a team and the I only lost when I got a blitz against me or with really noticable luck on the side of my opponent iirc.
I guess lots of people feel like this, judging by the difficults to get a game with dwarves at higher level, even when you have nice dwarves with no mighty blow. Ony absolute killerteams play you.
 Jump to: