29 coaches online • Server time: 03:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
oeuftete

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2003 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the addition of the next opponent to the list of leagues you're in.

One little suggestion, though... right now, the next opponent is shown regardless of whether you can actually play that match. For example, for myself right now, Willard73 is shown in my list for the round-robin Canucks and Gringos league, but I can't actually play that match because he still needs to complete his third-round match before we can play our fourth-rounder.

It's still handy that he's listed. Maybe opponents that you can not yet play could be listed in a lighter font, or ones you can play in bold, or something like that?
vigil

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2003 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

While oeuftete's suggestion would be cool, regardless this is a GREAT improvement to the overview page. I mostly play tournaments now and my buddy list was getting pretty silly because of the need to add members who show up irregularly - and even then I was having trouble remembering who I was waiting for for what. Good stuff!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with both vigil and oeuftete here. Fantastic addition! Very Happy
It'd be a handy little tweak though to show whether the match is ready to be played or not... maybe also something to show how long the match has been waiting to be played?

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Clementus

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If the match isnt ready to be played I believe that it will not show your opponent, and the how long its been wwaiting seems a bit of a waste of time. Generally people should just play a match when they can now think how long theyve taken to play it.

Flings Rule!
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. Hail Christer!
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh By the way the time beside your opponents name is how long since he logged on to the site not how long the game has been available to play
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Clementus wrote:
If the match isnt ready to be played I believe that it will not show your opponent

Well, it does.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I second the value of these additions! Well done!

But can I ask that the two boxes be on top of each other, not side by side... even with 1024 resolution, it looks a little cramped - particualrly if the tournament name is long!

Clay
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 04:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Due to the way things are stored, there is no easy way to make it hide games that are not playable due to tournament-type specific rules. Or well, it's not easy to do for RoundRobin. Swiss only shows your opponent when there is a playable game pending at the moment and I believe Knockout should as well. The only type that is tricky is RoundRobin. For now, you'll have to live with that as it would take alot of effort to fix it.

The time is time since opponent used the site, exactly like the buddy list shows.

And finally, the positioning is kinda tricky. I like it the way it is now as the groups I am part of doesn't have any huge names and neither does any of my teams. Ordering the boxes on top of eachother would make the page waste alot of space for alot of coaches, including me. If you do take part in tournaments with a long name, talk to the organizer and have him reduce the name of it.
 Jump to: