40 coaches online • Server time: 12:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2008 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I'd post some pics of the completed Dark elf team I converted and painted for PeteW that he'll be taking to PooBowl this weekend.

I finished them over the weekend and he has them safe and sound, so if you face him feel free to destroy his team but be gentle with the miniatures ok Wink

Here's the entire team, not the best pic sadly. I really need to get a decent lamp.

The linemen have had their numbers painted on and the bases finished, i've added a few details like bits of armour and some rocks or torn up grass.

The captain was the final model to be completed, I was going to do his cloak red but it was too overwhelming and wanted to keep a strong colour theme.

These are my fave models of the team, the dark grey skin works really well on the witches and the blue turned out really well on the assassin. PeteW thinks the severed head looks like Purplegoo, which is a little disturbing Confused

I'm wanting to go to the BloodBowl grand tournament in Nottingham in May and have started to look for ideas, but as it's 4 months away I have time to paint them and 2 other teams.

Sadly I'm a bit short of cash..... (yes this is a bit of an advert I'm afraid)

Soooo if anyone wants me to paint them up a team then send me a PM or look me up in chat and we can discuss prices. As a rough guide 13 man sized players (painted to the standard above) like the Dark Elves would cost £100, this includes me buying the models. If you wanted 16 players and some staff and big guys or complex conversions then this would cost more, equally if it was a team that I could easily make from 1 plastic boxed set it would be a bit less.

I love converting so if you have any wacky ideas then I should be able to accomplish most things, I can sculpt on details using greenstuff. I always try and make my models unique so wouldn't be too keen on doing dark elves or dwarfs again unless they were totally different from the ones I've done.

For a better idea what I'm capable of check out some pics in the 40K, LOTR, Slayers and Wood Elves section of my photobucket page and the conversions i did of some Dwarfs a few years back.

I've got some idead swimming about on how to do some of the changed LRB5 teams such as Norse and Rotters and I think the painting method of lots of little lines i used on my fantasy wood elves would work well on a Bloodbowl team.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2008 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I am VERY VERY happy with my darkies!

Spub is a painting genius (and he did conversions!) Imho he is better than brownrob and if you want well designed and painted models then he is your man.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2008 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work
Wilf

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2008 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Very, very nice. Now I'm torn - I don't want to play PeteW at Poobowl, well not unless it's the final game on the top table anyway Wink , but I'd love to play that team.

Wish I could paint that well, makes my undead team pale in comparison Sad
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2008 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead are supposed to be pale.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2008 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, nice dig at brownrob's work there pete. IMHO Im better than you in life, so I guess it all evens out in the wash.

It is a nice team, The head and knives are a bit over the top for my liking, but I was never into the morg spike and weapons aspect of the mini's.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work, the minis look awesome!

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

these are really greats congrats

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
wow, nice dig at brownrob's work there pete. IMHO Im better than you in life, so I guess it all evens out in the wash.

It is a nice team, The head and knives are a bit over the top for my liking, but I was never into the morg spike and weapons aspect of the mini's.

Wow - aren;t you a nice guy!??

For your information, brownrob is a good friend of mine, and it was not a "dig" at his work, just a stated fact, which he woul dagree with!

And I have models that rob has painted for me so I know.

I'm not sure how you know that you are better then me "in life", maybe you have evidence?

Razz

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Now THIS is the reason mini games exist. To play with and fondle beautiful works of art like these.

Well that and to drink beer, have women fawn over us because of our mad gaming skills, and to roll dice!

Nice job!
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice Spub!

Followed the blogs throughout and rated 6 each time. Wink Ergo, I expect DP mercy in our stable game, if we meet, as repayment.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

ProPain

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

where can I even buy bloodbowl minatures? I'm a very keen painter, but I am in australia and have never seen a bloodbowl set for sale.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

They'll all look the same under my Hobbo's boots this weekend! (/me prepares to eat his words..) Yarrrrr!

They do look awesome though. Might have to employ Mr. Spubb sometime soon...
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

He's only offering painting service though Purp. Could try Darkwolf though, he's nice. Wink

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Does he have a purdy mouth?
 Jump to: