42 coaches online • Server time: 14:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2008 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW-The fact you have "Jesus Rules" typed in black in a yellow whatever thing it is as part of your avatar, for starters.

Np problem, seems like the context of your post was to judge something as better than something else, on a highly subjective topic of art and painting. Ive seen Rob's work posted here and looked at other painted mini's on the net and he does solid work. I would call his work better than anyone else either, and Im sure Rob would not want to have his stuff seen that way either.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Did somebody say Carebears?
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2008 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Those are 2 lovely models Tesi and would make great Beasts of Nurgle, the only problem is that they would be banned from any Official Games Workshop run tournaments.

I've ordered the models for both Jan and Cloggy and am working on a colour scheme for the Rotters. Green and brown are a bit overused so I'm gonna try some other colours that look suitably vile. Maybe purple or a dirty white (kind like the pre heresey Death Guard from 40K) would work.

Rijssiej has also asked me to paint him the mighty Star Trek, I won't be able to get to them for a while sadly, but have started looking for bits and ideas, so far he was thinking:
Thrower Jean-luc Picard
Thrower William Thomas Riker
Catcher Data
Catcher Geordi La Forge
Catcher Worf
Catcher Miles Edward O'Brien
Wardancer Deanna Troi
Wardancer Beverly Crusher
Lino 7x generic crew

The only trouble is how to do the tree, the team could be a bunch of Star Trek loving wood elves who dress up as their favourite charcters when they play Bloodbowl, or some sort of weird amalgamation with the Trek characters transformed into Wood Elves and forced to play Bloodbowl (with the famous fight music playing from the original series).

So the tree could be wearing an Enterprise costume maybe? Or make Data or Worf the tree and add another chacter as catcher such as Tasha, Wesley or Guinan?

If anyone has any good ideas please let me know.

Oh and Darkwolf, I'm sure Pete saying he prefered my Dark Elves was meant as a compliment to me rather than an insult to Rob. Art is of course largely a matter of opinion, Pete was just saying which he prefered.

I see quite a few Golden Daemon winners I don't personally like the look of, but all of themare done by people with far more ability than me.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2008 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to see the painted Hellfish!

\\o
o//
\o/

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2008 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Those are some well painted minis right there!

*Cheers for the Latino Loving Hellfishes* :p
kaiserkhorne

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2008 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

congratz man!

really good team!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2008 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
PeteW-The fact you have "Jesus Rules" typed in black in a yellow whatever thing it is as part of your avatar, for starters.

Np problem, seems like the context of your post was to judge something as better than something else, on a highly subjective topic of art and painting. Ive seen Rob's work posted here and looked at other painted mini's on the net and he does solid work. I would call his work better than anyone else either, and Im sure Rob would not want to have his stuff seen that way either.

The point of my post was to complement spubbbba on some very well painted minis. I used brownrobs work as a comparative (for which I added, in my own opinion acknowledging the subjective nature) to indicate to the people here exactly how good I thought it was.

Your implication that my post was intended to specifically disparage brownrob cannot be justified by my language. As I mentioned, I know brownrob and he has stated to me that he thinks spub's work is better than his.

I understand your feelings towards me as a Christian and I now understand the negative way in which you interpreted my post. Christians have been persecuted for almost 2000 years and I pray that God will have mercy on you and open your eyes to the truth and good news about Jesus. I apologise since I am aware that my prayers will probably offend you also, but in hope that in eternity you will be able to thank me.

Sincerely,
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2008 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! Religious dogmas in the miniatures forum......

Stop distracting Spubbba guys! I want my team!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2008 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Yay! Religious dogmas in the miniatures forum......

Stop distracting Spubbba guys! I want my team!

/me headbutts cloggy
Hellfish comes first. Ah!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2008 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Incredibly well painted! I wish I could do half that well...
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2008 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:

Wow....0_0, just wow your better at life because you don't believe in the same way as someone else. as much as I didn't really like you before I at least had the tiniest respect for your intelegence. Thank you for showing your complete lack of tolerance and setting me straight.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: May 26, 2008 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

ok this makes me feel kind of stupid
if id have known spub's painting was this good id have gone here before brownrob
DAM DAM DAM!
as much as robs were great, these are just ayesh!

Post   Posted: May 26, 2008 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the paint job done on the DEs but I'm not too keen on the minis them selves. Linemen playing BB shouldn't be wearing chainmail dresses. All in all the team is a bit too much WH for my taste. But the painting is really cool.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2008 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool.
Awesome.
Nice.
More please.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: May 27, 2008 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Gracehopper. Paint job good (especially like the dark-grey skin tone). Minis not so good. Blood Bowl dresses *shrugs*

Over all I like em though because it's a different approach. Kudos for doing something different! Very Happy

edit: posted in January?! how did I miss this?