37 coaches online • Server time: 00:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
When someone asks you to let up on bashing them, how do you respond?
I take their players' health into account more then winning
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
I focus on scoring, and let up somewhat on unneeded bashing
46%
 46%  [ 103 ]
If they want me to let up they can hit concede
31%
 31%  [ 70 ]
Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the coaches!
18%
 18%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 221

misterhobbs

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the crazy bunny up there...mostly because he's cool...well most of the time Wink
Seriously though, I would always prefer to have more players on the field than my opponent, and will do whatever it takes to get to that point. Not because I like to kill players, but because in the long run it will be easier for me to score (in theory). I tend not to foul, but that's personal preference. I will push people into the crowd, gang up for a 3D block, and so on. Although if I can score during that turn, I do so, rather than hitting first.
Wombats

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I know I've laid off a few times when an opponent starts moaning about their casualties - And regretted it.

'Zons and Elves are a real threat to your ball carriers even with only six players on the field.

I know where people are coming from with the whole mercy thing but the more you play the more you realize that laying off will lose you games or at least force draws where otherwise you could win.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant see any better time to start seriously mauling my opponent than when he's unable to fight back. It would be pretty stupid to try and smash someone up when they have real options to retaliate, now wouldn't it? I want my opponents players out, not mine.

Besides, if I can make them concede, it means more money for me!

Seriously though, losses are part of the game. If you're taking a beating and not having any fun(due to bad luck, not having a chance of winning, your team being gimped or whatever), you should consider conceding. Sure, its not fun, but it may be the only way to save yourself from more damage. If you're not willing to take the loss in fan factor and money to save your team, your situation cant be that bad.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Traitor wrote:

Seriously though, losses are part of the game. If you're taking a beating and not having any fun(due to bad luck, not having a chance of winning, your team being gimped or whatever), you should consider conceding. Sure, its not fun, but it may be the only way to save yourself from more damage. If you're not willing to take the loss in fan factor and money to save your team, your situation cant be that bad.

Conceeding simply isn't an option at higher TR. Don't forget, when you conceed there is a 50/50 chance of each player with 51 or more spp leaving the team.

The Finishing Touch
Wombats

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

>However if they do foul you on turn eight, remember their name and never play em again.

Or remember their name and resolve to **** them over hard next time you play.

The guy didn't remember me at first but I think he started having flashbacks after I set up my Piling On and Dirty Player on the same wing as his one-turner. Funny how disconnection troubles kick in right about that time... Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

D'Oh, forgot about the risk of 50+ spp players leaving if you concede.

I guess that if you cant concede, and just dont want any more pain, you run and hide. Not the most heroic thing to do, but if its more of an effort to hunt down your remaining players than score touchdowns, that's what most players will do.
Ofcourse, some people will gleefully hunt you down anyway, but if you're playing against a team that specializes in hurting people, you probably had some clue that they were in fact going to go through some effort to hurt you.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:
I tend to ease up on the pointless stuff, tds give me more spps, so i go for them, if players go near the sides however, i have been known to push them out, and also depending on my mood, if its bad then i go for the kill ;]

Unless you are drunk Smile.

-Mnemon
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i dotn foul unless i see a player on their team that i think will do alot of damage to my own players. or if i need that player out of the way for me to score. yes i blcok as many block as i can. the way i see it the more players he has to pick up off the pitch the less blocks he can inflict on me. push into the crouwd if i see a good reason to do so. but to just hunt down players to kill or mame them to me is pointless. because in the long run i will end up finding fewer and fewer games as my rep becomes better known. of course first and for most i play the ball. and i score as soon as i can. i think holding the ball at the goal line for several turns is cowardly. shows me that you do not have the confidence in your team to be able to stop me from scoring.

Post 9 Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agrre with pushing a player into the Stands. It happens all the time in the NFL, NBA, in all your major sports. But what i dont get is when u have an opponent that has 5 peeps on the field the have an ST over 4 and they foul the only guy u have that is ST 4 or more on the first turn.. That to me is total bull shit. Me personally im not a fouler. i prefer to play straight up BB. if i win i win and if i lose its not cause the a@@ H@#$ on the other end of the field Fouled all my people off.. I prefer a clean cut game. If the dice r good to ya u win and if they r bad a few peeps get killed or BH'ed who knows. But its still cause it was a clean game. I understand fouling in a desperation timer also. U know the one where u only have 1 really uber powerful guy in the way that could possibly stop u from scoring in the next turn. So then u foul him to make sure he is at least stunned hopefully. Ya know what i mean. But just fouling to (because you can ) as my most recent opponent told me is for the birds. If i had know my opponent was an opponent that was a severe fouler i would not have played him...
neverdodge

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Calvin wrote:
I totally agrre with pushing a player into the Stands. It happens all the time in the NFL, NBA, in all your major sports. But what i dont get is when u have an opponent that has 5 peeps on the field the have an ST over 4 and they foul the only guy u have that is ST 4 or more on the first turn.. That to me is total bull shit. Me personally im not a fouler. i prefer to play straight up BB. if i win i win and if i lose its not cause the a@@ H@#$ on the other end of the field Fouled all my people off.. I prefer a clean cut game. If the dice r good to ya u win and if they r bad a few peeps get killed or BH'ed who knows. But its still cause it was a clean game. I understand fouling in a desperation timer also. U know the one where u only have 1 really uber powerful guy in the way that could possibly stop u from scoring in the next turn. So then u foul him to make sure he is at least stunned hopefully. Ya know what i mean. But just fouling to (because you can ) as my most recent opponent told me is for the birds. If i had know my opponent was an opponent that was a severe fouler i would not have played him...

Come on !! Not that discussion again . Fouling is in the rules so it s part of the game, just like blocking, dodging passing etc ... period

You mean a guy fouling you again and again when you got 5 players on the pitch will upset you, but a guy blitzing you again and again with his claw/rsc player will not ??

/me waiting for the rule review renaming fouling to anything else that seem legal (and i DON T foul that much, i m just not whinning when people foul me ..)
Jahira

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on what team i'm playing, and what team they are playing... some i míght let up on the bashing... others hell no... esspecially if they have a slayer team, i won't be happy till they are all dead and bury'ed.
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't see why everyone goes into rage mode when someone uses the 'but it's called Blood Bowl' excuse. You all like to happily build up your teams, dance around and be merry, but the thing about that is.. this isn't Candyland. Players get hurt, they bleed and they die. Some people like to score and never get hit and cry when they do, others like to focus just on bashing their opponents. Some find a neutral ground. That's all fine and well, but I don't see the need for the constant topics about crowding, fouling, blocking best players and so on.

Staying on topic here.. like Fluffy said, depends on the team and coach I'm playing. If the dice have been kind to me and I've maimed their team somewhat, I'll ease up. But if they're threatening to kill me, or whining, etc, I'll put a boot in their crotch to shut them up. And if that doesn't work I'll crowd, foul some more, and stall. Ball is in their court. :p

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Really depends on the team I'm using... If I'm just being lucky with my blocks and he's hurting, then I might let up a bit, and concentrate on scoring... if it's my khemri playing however it's concede or be destroyed...
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

*Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*
orochinagi

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt_wyeth wrote:
If you don't want to get fouled turn 8 second half don't loose the bloody coin toss. Besides its a great weapon that turn 8 foul i mean whats the downside of fouling, getting throw out of the game and having to gang up on one player. so if you can't win then at least foul and if the other coach can't understand that you need to get your kicks in before the final gun shot then he/she deserves it. NUFFLE save those who wish for good sportsmanship in BLOOD BOWL. plus its a known fact that fouling turn 8 is very mean and pointless.

Riiiiiight... so u lose the game... kill a star player in the opponents team (by fouling)... your player gets kicked out of the game... the game ends.
Now what did u win from this? Making that player never play you again? No spp from fouling. So i wonder... what's the point of a turn 8 foul? If u ask me i tell you : "SORE LOSING"

Wombats wrote:
I know I've laid off a few times when an opponent starts moaning about their casualties - And regretted it.

'Zons and Elves are a real threat to your ball carriers even with only six players on the field.

Elves can be troublesome even when they are severely outnumbered. I've seen them do some amazing feats out there.

Bashing to a certain point makes sense... the less guys the opponent has on the field the less chances he has to score. Same goes for crowd pushing. I don't do it to kill or SI the opponent player. I do it cause it instantly removes a player from the field until next TD. And that instantly gives me the upper hand.

About the fouling... fouling for pointless reasons or when the opponent is already severely outnumbered is just stupid, serves no purpose.

Word on Stalling: Stalling is a fairly good tactic that enables you to stop 1 turners. Otherwise it's rather complicated.

I mainly play ball. I tend to use chaos teams and i often pick some mutations to bash (only claw though). It's normal, a team must be fit in all fields. at least i try to do that in all my teams. I have a couple of bashers, a couple of ball handlers and a couple of LoS holders (that don't need to be "bashy"). But my point is... one must be ready for everything.
 Jump to: