28 coaches online • Server time: 09:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh... same old drivel, same old people.

But thank you... i will now post every dead player i get in the obituaries so that you can decide for me which is worthy of your oh so important time.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey post whatever you want dude... but please stop with the poor attitude.

So people didn't think he was worth being mentioned... who cares? Getting mad about it is just silly.

Do I care about a 53spp player? Hell no. Will I stop you from caring? I hope not...

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats just being bloody minded.

If you post something in the forum then you are clearly doing because you want other people to read your post. I'd hope you're doing that because you think it will interest them or be somehow useful for them to read. If they tell you "no thanks" (I translated a bit) then it means that they don't want to read it again or in other words, you hit the wrong audience. Either you can complain and treat them as if they're being somehow unfair by not being interested (being the wrong audience) or you can listen to them and use it to help you pitch to the correct audience.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %29, %2008 - %07:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Morgion

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ol_One_Eye wrote:
I'm sorry Ro your parents filled out a 'No Pencils' waver at the beginning of the year... you've already been to the doctors 3 times with pencils up your nose.

That did make me laugh Smile Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I did not post this for any reason other than my own desire to have my favourite players death to be recorded in the obituaries. I do not care if you or anyone else considers him good, great or crap! I posted it for my own history of my teams! My writings on my teams prove i love history on my teams and players and if you think me posting something on a player is not the right thing i really don't care.

My ONLY issue with this whole thing is the arrogant long time coaches who flame and bully people in forums who are trying to do their own thing. You don't like it? TOUGH as i will post what i want, when i want and how i want. If you feel the need to tell people what you consider is right or wrong then please go ahead.

My reaction to this forum has been fueled by being offline for months and then coming back to start over and get involved in my teams again... but my first thread get highjacked by people claiming a dead player doesn't belong in the obituaries!

Respond how you like but the level of arrogance you show towards newbies and semi-new players and even to players who just do things differently to you makes me re-consider coming back. Bring on Warhammer Online asap!!!

P.S. This is a pet hate of mine and yes it fired me up. But more than happy to accept challenges so you can kill more of my players so i can continue my teams histories!!

Last edited by OneEye on %b %12, %2008 - %11:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Fizban

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with One Eye here. He posted a death in an obituary, it was mildly amusing to read and that should have been all. Pythrr complained, in an aloof way, which set One Eye off. Wouldn't have mattered except then Pythrr kept responding? Why? If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it. Works in life, should work on forums. Obituaries can be fun - treat them as such.

Fiz

ps - I too laughed at the pencil comment, but the person making it was being a bit of an ...
Roseph

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes i was.. Very Happy
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

lol well thats what i was hoping for originally... a bit of a laugh so thanks for that Smile
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If you posted this for the history of your teams then you put it in a daft place. I do have some sort of explanation for this....

Your team history is yours, you want to foster it and develope it, generally watch it grow because its a fun process and rewarding at the end right? How does writing a forum post help you do that? The sensible route is to use the team profile and the player profiles (and match reports) then to help organise it better link the appropriate player profiles (you can write them a personal obituary and more) into the team bio. If it wasnt obvious then I'm telling you, you should be able to keep alot of information that way and it should be possible to keep pretty well ordered.

Writing the same thing in several places (especially ones that are highlighted as for other people to read) is pointless unless you think people will gain something from reading it. I think theres a clear message that they dont (certainly the from the forum post). I further doubt they get something from reading it twice.

Also, the "arrogance you show towards new players" is silly, people are just telling you you didnt put something in the right place, or put something interesting to them. Sure, it wasnt well phrased (you gotta read between the lines) but taking an attitude of "You don't like it? TOUGH" and ignoring people/advice rather than admitting that maybe they might be right is far more stupid and arrogant.

That wasnt meant to be rude, explaining stuff on the net while being clear makes it tough not to come accross as rude. I'm also guessing from your other forum thread since you came back that you are predisposed to assume people are trying to insult you personally, its hard but try to let go and consider it objectively rather than personally.

PS "last post" is silly, it assumes that I can't possibly have anything worthwile to say.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Aww - leave the poor guy alone.

This section of the forum is a bit underused anyway, at least he didn't try and post it as front page news!

It's a death, it's the obituaries section and the player clearly meant something to him. It's not like it was a 0spp BOB on a team with no fluff. I get that the guy wasn't anything special, but give the OP a break, very few of the players written about in this section of the forum are...

RIP Chukka.
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Aww - leave the poor guy alone.

This section of the forum is a bit underused anyway, at least he didn't try and post it as front page news!

It's a death, it's the obituaries section and the player clearly meant something to him. It's not like it was a 0spp BOB on a team with no fluff. I get that the guy wasn't anything special, but give the OP a break, very few of the players written about in this section of the forum are...

RIP Chukka.

QFT
Player died, he mourns it, it's obituaries section. I cant see anything wrong with that. If you do not like it why bump it then?

Last edited by Mateuszzzzzz on %b %29, %2008 - %15:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
manfredvc

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

im just really glad your rubbish player died
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Do orcs go to heaven?

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a green heaven for them of course. RIP Chukka.

TaChIkOmA! \o/
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ol_One_Eye wrote:
Extremely sorry my player doesn't live up to your expectations Master Pythrr... please have mercy Oh Mighty One...

Lol. Sorry for your loss Ol One Eye
 Jump to: