54 coaches online • Server time: 19:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ol_One_Eye wrote:
Not a fan of arrogant long term players who have to flame simple obituaries.

Very right.

If it hurts, it hurts, no matter if it's 6 spps or 176.
No one forces you to post a reply to Eddy "Chukka"'s death in this thread anyway.

All I can say from an Hellfish point of view, though, is that the only good Orc is a dead Orc, so my humans will cheer for this one! Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:

PS "last post" is silly, it assumes that I can't possibly have anything worthwile to say.

you said it not me Smile
Shrap

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet a flame war in the bita...obitera...obi....aw hell where the dead player posts go!
Im poppin popcorn!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Also, the "arrogance you show towards new players" is silly, people are just telling you you didnt put something in the right place, or put something interesting to them.

Thing is, he posted EXACTLY in the right place. Being a relatively new member of this community, this alone puts him in a far higher place than 90% of the newbs that enter fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... Eddy 'Chukka' Simowitz is pretty famous now, the only dead sprite save my own that I know of! \o/

Pyth is a sarky sod, ignore or laugh at him. Razz

SillySod has a lot of time on his hands. And if it weren't for people like you One_Eye making posts the poor guy would have to spend some of that time doing Uni work, so post away. Smile

SeraphimRed is a fickle sob and will jump to the defence of anyone that played him recently in the hell hole known as [R], even if he was drunk at 4am and couldn't remember much about it. Wink

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

People having a problem with dead players being posted in the obituary section....omg.

Goodbye Chucka! If you find an army of chariot riding beer swilling madmen where you are...hop on board! They'll show you a great party!!

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

ha ha ha classic Seraphim!! Even if i did sulk in that game! Your a champ
KenThis

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I also wish to pay my respects.

RIP Chukka.
howlett

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone writes a nice little RPG-death-story about one of his players and gains from several coaches a one line commentary of cynical disinterest. I can see this crazy ignorant mood in many threads i read here. Not even the redemption of the post-counter could stop coaches from spamming around.

I think, this is one of these threads, which leads coaches like brownrob to leave from fumbbl.

But keep on, argueing. This discussion has definately the capability for becoming Thread of the Year '08.

Rest in Peace, Eddy.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Mateuszzzzzz wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
Aww - leave the poor guy alone.

This section of the forum is a bit underused anyway, at least he didn't try and post it as front page news!

It's a death, it's the obituaries section and the player clearly meant something to him. It's not like it was a 0spp BOB on a team with no fluff. I get that the guy wasn't anything special, but give the OP a break, very few of the players written about in this section of the forum are...

RIP Chukka.

QFT
Player died, he mourns it, it's obituaries section. I cant see anything wrong with that. If you do not like it why bump it then?

seconded.

An Orc you say? Good he is dead though. Who will weep? Apart from the coach?

Add a link next time! Exclamation
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Were his skill choices good? Seems a bit overkill to me on a team that shouldn't throw too much! I reckon I have a much better orc thrower with less spp. So with that note I laugh and mourn him.

On a similar note, in Japan they have a colour called ki-midori. Which translates as yellow-green. And the colour is a hmmmmmmmmmm how can I describe a greeny yellow colour? Maybe an orc colour (this subject reminded me of it). Anywayyyyyyyyyyyy how can i describe this colour in English, I am thinking pea green?

Oh and why hasn't Macavity commented on this topic, he must be sick and keep it up, tis my favourite topic of the moment.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

RIP
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

On a similar note, in Japan they have a colour called ki-midori. Which translates as yellow-green. And the colour is a hmmmmmmmmmm how can I describe a greeny yellow colour? Maybe an orc colour (this subject reminded me of it). Anywayyyyyyyyyyyy how can i describe this colour in English, I am thinking pea green?

Interestingly enough this is likely to be the colour of poor Eddy's trousers after expiring!!!
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

howlett wrote:

I think, this is one of these threads, which leads coaches like brownrob to leave from fumbbl.

I doubt it Wink

Anyway, its not exactly as if the player really needs commemorating in three different places is it?

The Obituaries section has remained dead for so long because it is so unwieldy for team fluff purposes, that huge unwieldiness means that its not really the right place for fluff. Hence my advice that its not the best way to go about things. Also, stuff should be aimed at a particular audience, even on the net. This seemed to be thrown pretty much everywhere he could enter it making it look more like spam than fluff. A simple mistake about the relative interest and importance of such a death perhaps but his responce to discovering that was "I don't care, I intend to do it again".

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Julia

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, flame one for makeing a post about his player that he likes... wow thats low. ive seen wayyy worse topics here

Ill be a fan of ol from now on, just becouse you flamed him

YOU GO BOY !!! put it in news also!... think its worth it !!! \O/

Jump to: