84 coaches online • Server time: 20:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Throw Team Mate Land...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sinner

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Khaan wrote:
Need more goblins.

then stop talking silly and make one!

or are you one of those dwarfen coaches that want to play goblins and still say:"Hey, you have the same strength/ rating".

Why do people always think others should be prey? If all people would play bashers, you would have noone else to play against... consider that...

Cheers

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

[/quote]
Why do people always think others should be prey? If all people would play bashers, you would have noone else to play against... consider that...

Cheers[/quote]

Just to clerify- I am always willing to play against a bishing team, but I would also like to play against elves or even humans every now and then.
Revener

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with BMM.
a little bashing is always good to have though.
I wouldn't even consider taking more than a max of 2 P.O players in a team, more than that are just overkill. And I never take DP, exept with a stunty team.

And yes I will play vs bashy teams with my elves and skaven (my undead usually fair worse vs chaos and such anyway Smile ) unless they have tons of P.O and claw e.t.c if I wanted half of my team gone I could just retire them to coaches instead.
Besides a team with loads of SF and guard is better than a P.O team anyway.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2003 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Legend: I guess I didn´t qoute you Wink don´t want to flame here... this post just made me a bit angry Very Happy

Sorry, Khaan, didn´t want to harass you.

Cheers

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

OK...here's my two cents...

As one who tries his best to find opponents with in 10 of both TR and STR, I have had my fair share of challenges from players who have my team by 20+ in either str or tr. Most of the time I politely decline, (sometimes not so politely) but it does get tedious. One of my best friends isnt on fumbbl anymore since all he seemed to get offered were grossly outmatched games, and to me those are the real 'wussies' here.

My chaos team has a mino with block, tackle and guard...with pro being next on the list. I have found that i do get my fair share opf matches, and, yes, I will decline to play any team with tons of PO/RSC. Do I take PO? yes...but not ad nauseum. I believe i have 3 or 4 over the entire scope of my teams (11 currently).

In conclusion, fumbbl is an OPEN league that is FREE!!! They do all the paperwork, and keep all your data for you. Since it is an open format, you are perfectly within your rights to decline or accept any match. If you do get a lot of coaches declining to play you, there must be a reason (4+ players with PO might be a good excuse). Then perhaps you need to reconsider your team construction ethics, and try to build fun teams for both parties involved.
Freefragger

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Chickenbrain wrote:
Freefragger wrote:
What I really dislike, is coaches who, for some unknown reason, keep asking my team (only 8 players left) to play thier psycho-bash-kill-claw-RSC-PO team (mostly dwarfs, CD, chaos, orc or undead), who is only 50-100str higher than my own team... That is the kind of coaches, that makes me say no, when they ask to play, even if we are at the same str, it´s just not that fun to know, that u will have half the team left, that u started with, and yes I have played those teams, but playing a mino, that made 5 cas alone, that was 3 players in the drain, is simply not fun...

Cough.. speaks the coach who likes to challenge my poor little gobbos with his nasty dwarfs.... Nothing more to say... Wink

Btw, fumbbl.com is not compareable to any classical BloodBowl environment, where dwarfes develop way slower then any playing team and have a natural disadvantage cause of that... !!!

And as I told u I asked for fun, nobody (apart from some very insane coaches, like ve6neo and a few others), would play a tr/str 200+ dwarf team with some Gobbo´s, it´s like offering fresh WE to a 200+ chaos team all with PO and RSC. The main reason why I asked u more than once, (and having days between), was the fact, that u thought I was serious about the offer... come on, get real, u offered a FF 20 gobbo
team I had to reply with my dwarfs... Rolling Eyes
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

also... isn't there a rule for challenging coaches in the LRB? I thought FUMBBL was completely based on that...

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Man legend your just grasping at straws to be able to beat on some teams. Yes there is a challenge system in the LRB. Its for tournaments that have an open schedule. So the next Chaos Cup on fumbbl that gets run will probably have that system. Or you could look into Evo's Anarchist leagues. I believe he has a challenge system setup. I'm pretty sure you could play his DE anytime you would like.

Perhaps higher ranked coaches feel its unsporting to pick on a 134 ranked player. Or perhaps the reason for your rank and your match record is because instead of playing for the win you play for the kill. I am leary of any coach with a low ranking for just that reason.
thegoblinking

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Simple.

Bashy teams should play bashy teams.

Dodging teams play dodging teams.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

well
if you want to be an ass
you could run a league in your home town and use the lrb challenge rules
of course
if you had a co commisioner youd have to run it by them
and if it were me id probably put some sort of something on it so that your kind of team wouldnt be able to just play every wood elf team in the lague over and over
but as it stands
if you want games
dont take asshole skills

Goodbye Cusi
Prez

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll play just about anyone!

But sadly I now draw the line at teams heavily laden with PO, CLAW & RSC combo. I like to have a team after to develop..... not retire!

My undead team have suffered badly three teams, due to specifically chaos teams ripping the guts out of the team. Fortunately they are undead so were able to recover (eventually). I have also equipt my Mummy now with PO (his 5th skill up) to try and deal with chaos teams...... if I'm stupid enough to play another PO freak team

My two cents worth

Mr P

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

thegoblinking wrote:
Simple.

Bashy teams should play bashy teams.

Dodging teams play dodging teams.

But it's not nearly that simple. Bashy coaches should play bashy coaches and dodging coaches should play dodging coaches. Except when they don't feel like it.

Before flaming, note the clever extra addendum there. Essentially, I'm saying, "Play who you want and have fun," that is the whole idea. If someone doesn't want to play you because they don't think they'll have fun, find someone who will. Play up a few games. Scrapping for survival is a blast. Maybe you could even try playing (gasp!) another team (try flings and have a ball) or try a different style of play. If it's not your thing, then stick to what you enjoy and find someone who shares your tastes. Making Division Bash* and Division Dodge† is nowhere near the answer. It gets dull. Real dull. Real quick.

{edit: for Evo}
* - aka. I.H.A.S.P.A.I.C.F.I.B.H.I.P.P.B.B.A.W.M.G.H.G.B. (I have a small penis and I compenstate for it by hurting imaginary pixelated people because burning ants with magnifying glasses has gotten boring)
† - aka. I.A.S.L.T.M.O.F.A.T.O.T.P.O.M.B.B.T.A.I.D.W.T.T.G.H.B.I.C.N.B.T.H. (I am so lonely that my only friends are the ones that play on my blood bowl team and I don't want them to get hurt because I could not bear the heartbreak)

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %15, %2003 - %03:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Making Division Bash and Division Dodge is nowhere near the answer. It gets dull. Real dull. Real quick.

Not if you give it a real cool acronym and nifty scoring system. Twisted Evil
C.O.M.M.U.N.I.S.T. is so much cooler than Division Bash. Evil or Very Mad

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Mystery Link

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Chickenbrain wrote:
Freefragger wrote:
What I really dislike, is coaches who, for some unknown reason, keep asking my team (only 8 players left) to play thier psycho-bash-kill-claw-RSC-PO team (mostly dwarfs, CD, chaos, orc or undead), who is only 50-100str higher than my own team... That is the kind of coaches, that makes me say no, when they ask to play, even if we are at the same str, it´s just not that fun to know, that u will have half the team left, that u started with, and yes I have played those teams, but playing a mino, that made 5 cas alone, that was 3 players in the drain, is simply not fun...

Cough.. speaks the coach who likes to challenge my poor little gobbos with his nasty dwarfs.... Nothing more to say... Wink

hey chickenbrain,
i nearly stopped challenging your little gobbos for a week or even longer, but good u remember me of that, so u got time to play against my dwarves chickenbrain ??? i really love to ask u that question... Laughing
2 bad now my dwarves are wrecked, beaten up by the Deathgerbills, i hate those mean RSC and PO stuff, my dwarves cant mutate thass so sad Wink

whatever,
in this open division there will always be the problems described in this topic. so u have to accept that bashy teams will be avoided (but i have to say i spit on any bashy team not playing another bashy team if they are challenged..) or u have to play in a tourney, where everyone is forced to play every other team no matter how bashy they are.
my 2 cent...
Covertfun

Post 6 Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

yep...

that's what I've been thinking the whole time...

Every point made so far has been valid

- there's a role-playing aspect to not wanting your players to literally die

- people want a roster after a game as well as before, nobody builds up any sort of team to TR 200+ and doesn't mind if it gets utterly hammered

- But most importantly: Most most Ever so importantly...

If you want to play against every sort of team with your murderers...

and this was originally going to be the entire content of my post...

just one sentence... one singular utterance...

a piece of advice so crystalline and perfect nobody could hope to emulate the perfection of wisdom contained within...

If you want people to be forced to play you...

Play in a league, there are plenty. Rolling Eyes
 Jump to: