76 coaches online • Server time: 21:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should I dump $10k cash in order to dodge a Handicap?
Yes, $10k is a worthwhile investment to avoid an HC
65%
 65%  [ 17 ]
No. Handicaps aren't that big of a factor...Keep the $10k
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Not Applicable. You don't understand the system and won't be able to prevent a handicap.
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

devhyfes

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I was interested in peoples thoughts about whether a) it would be possible and b) it would be a good idea to discard some cash in order to avoid the penalty of a handicap in a game.

This is my team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=508292

It is scheduled for round 5 in the tourney for this group:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6022

I've been fortunate in this tourney, and I find myself doing very well regarding injuries and team strength- So well that I'm 26 Team Rating ahead of my next opponent in our next game. This would give my opponent 2 handicaps.

a) Shedding cash: I figured I could hire an assistant coach for $10k and then fire him. This would put me at a 25 point advantage- thus only subject to one HC. Can I do that? Are there other, better ways to shed cash? Is my math accurate?

b) Should I? Assuming that my scheme above works, should I actually go to the trouble?

On the one hand, I've got a low FF (4), so I expect to be cash strapped as the tourney advances...Losing 10k could come back to hurt me. On the other hand, I want to keep my guys healthy and winning to increase my FF. Handicaps are meant to decrease my likelihood of winning and several could result in injuries.

My thought is that it may be worthwhile to spend $10k to increase my chances of winning (which comes with +10k anyways) and decreas the chances of an injury (that would cost far more than 10k to recover from).

So I guess the question comes down to that: Do you think $10k is a worthwhile payment to duck a Handicap?

(For those wondering why I don't spend all the money, I am trying to save up for a Troll.)

I'm pretty new at this game and the long term, inter-match planning, so I'd love everyones' thoughts.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. the lizardmen team dosent exactly look all that threatening does it? If it looked like it ws a closer game and you knew he wouldnt drop any cash himself and he had no cheerleaders/coaches then by all means do that. However, this dosent look like a situation where its necessary.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the matchup wether you want to risk it... It's more a factor of wether or not u can live without the 10k
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You're 4/0, he's 1/1/2. You've got 13 players, he's got 10. You can win this game without having to waste 10k. Don't do it.
 Jump to: