54 coaches online • Server time: 23:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Borgen

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Peter_Thorpe wrote:
by the way, whos taking a camcorder to this, would be good to get ground coverage from a fumbbl perspective lol

have one of your minions do the filming
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thorpe has minions?

Whos younger and smaller than even Thorpe...

/me looks at Silly 'but I have ID!' Sod. Very Happy
Meech

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You know that Thorpe and SS will throw down in an epic b-boy brawl.
Before the fight!!

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Peter_Thorpe wrote:
SillySod wrote:
My vampires will own you all, frankly I might get a skaven team though..... I see them as probably being the best tournament team and a bit of fun to boot.

dude, skaven dominated the top 20, along with the biggest score line ever (8-0)
little rats are the way to go Smile

lol. no they didn;t!

The top races were: orcs, undead, dwarves. I think there were 1 or 2 rats in the top 20 and one pro elf team (/me inks at borgen), but dominated is a little bit of an exaggeration.

And the 8-0 scoreline? They got your score wring and paired you off against the worst coach there who had only played the game twice. And didn;t you roll up about 4 blitzes?

Repeat that feat and I'llbe impressed!

Oh and as for thorpe's minions, Kennedy will do the monkey-work.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Peter_Thorpe wrote:
SillySod wrote:
My vampires will own you all, frankly I might get a skaven team though..... I see them as probably being the best tournament team and a bit of fun to boot.

dude, skaven dominated the top 20, along with the biggest score line ever (8-0)
little rats are the way to go Smile

lol. no they didn;t!

The top races were: orcs, undead, dwarves. I think there were 1 or 2 rats in the top 20 and one pro elf team (/me inks at borgen), but dominated is a little bit of an exaggeration.

And the 8-0 scoreline? They got your score wring and paired you off against the worst coach there who had only played the game twice. And didn;t you roll up about 4 blitzes?

Repeat that feat and I'llbe impressed!

Oh and as for thorpe's minions, Kennedy will do the monkey-work.

alright then ill admit, there wasnt all that many, but even still, we did better than expected cause of the crap armour

ill have you know i only got 3 blitzes! Very Happy
dont worry, i plan to at least get close to it again hah

and yeah, he probably will lol, but ill need another minion for saturday lol, i might do that myself

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
I think there were 1 or 2 rats in the top 20.

I got 9th on the sheet (10th when Geoff's wrongly added points deduction were added back).
Would have had the Most TD's as well, if GW hadn't screwed up my TD scores (had one of my two 7-0 games recorded as a 2-0 instead Evil or Very Mad ).

Thankfully, it sounds like myself and Dave Downes (Lycos) have finally got them to use a decent tournament software (Score) this year, rather than the crappy Excel sheet they've used before, so mistakes like the above won't happen anymore, as it will print out round-by-round results.

Not bad, it's only taken them 4 years from the first time it was offered to them. Rolling Eyes

Toby..er..Force..er..BigMac..er..Capt.Powerpoint..er..Cookie_Shark wrote:
Im sory but you come across unwilling to learn and unreasonabble.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2008 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

They paired him off against my mate Gary? I'm pretty sure that didnt happen Smile (he was even using the actual prompt cards from the boxed set Very Happy)

Skaven are tempting because (to me) they look like the best team on paper. Orcs dont fit my style for low TR and while darkelves might be good they're also.... easier to coach to full potential. Using gutter runners is interesting... so much potential but St2 is such a potential flaw.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2008 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Quote:

They paired him off against my mate Gary? I'm pretty sure that didnt happen Smile (he was even using the actual prompt cards from the boxed set Very Happy)

Skaven are tempting because (to me) they look like the best team on paper. Orcs dont fit my style for low TR and while darkelves might be good they're also.... easier to coach to full potential. Using gutter runners is interesting... so much potential but St2 is such a potential flaw.

not sure about names but he was using cards to understand what to do, so might have been gary yeah

as for skaven, cheap, so you can easily afford reserves, the gutters make for fantastic players, and also double for the need of OTT's if your opponents thick enough to set up, so that you can do it

only lack is armour, fast movement might be good but when they go down your hard pressed to get them back up again, i saw bottom table matches where whole skaven teams were dead, and top tables where they were 4-0 or 5-0 in cases

skaven its all the dice, avoid injuries, and make your plays count, its a tournament winning team, unlucky even slightly, just get the beer in and have a laugh, cause you aint winning

("Making no sense advice post over") Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

He dint play vs Skaven (except first game and it wasnt you unless you look about 40 in rl).

Skaven look pretty reliable when well played to me, especially compared to vampires Smile I'm kinda a bit worried about taking a crutch choice though, if everyone is taking skaven I might take vampres anyway.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Borgen

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

everyone is certainly not taking skaven. You will see lots of orcs, dwarves, norse and undead.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

norse, orks, dwarves
usually there the top 3 with skaven and the elves close behind

Makes no odds anyway, skaven will win this year Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2008 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be a lot more lizzies and woodies this year imo. They have been popular at many other tournies this year.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2008 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

or orcs, based on your sickening display Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2008 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Im growing into the idea of taking High Elves now, I think I'll paint up both teams, thankfully already have all the he models, and decide right before.

2 Blitzers, 2 Catchers, Thrower and 2 rr's methinks

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2008 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Jock, I'm gonna be upset if your team hasnt got turbo stribes painted on them Very Happy

Jump to: