50 coaches online • Server time: 00:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Unstoffe

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2008 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Its called bloodbOWL

nah... it's called blOODbowl
I want more OOD

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2008 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you get Spubbbba's permisson before posting that pic of him 'stoffe? Smile
Pirog

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2008 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no polite way to say this, so I'm just going to lay it out. You got a bit of a nose hair problem there mister.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2008 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Good grief. This thread is a perfect example of why this site would turn away a noob.

Stage I (Blink of an eye): Airing of site grievances in an ordered, intelligent manner.
Stage II (Main Body of Thread): Gurus step in and rag on people who annoy them. Mass arguments ensue.
Stage III (And on to Infinity): Disorganized one-line grabastic posts. The word "penis" is entered into the thread. The point of the thread is long forgotten. Bill Parcells mutters "This conversation is going nowhere"

We should start this thread over, it's a disgrace.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2008 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

or we could have just let it lie and not resurected it again Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2008 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you bring back a "disgraceful" thread in order to ask for it to be started over?

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2008 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I joined recently and didn't really find the experience that crazy hard/unwelcoming. I'm reasonably experienced at BB tabletop and highly experienced in terms of online gaming/computers in general and online communities though...so I might not be representative of most new players.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2008 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
Why would you bring back a "disgraceful" thread in order to ask for it to be started over?

True...good point. I just got all excited to see a thread like this. Didn't realize it was weeks old. But the idea of the thread is definitely not a disgrace.
Meech

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2008 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

foresttim wrote:
You see I think Paul's misrepresented. I put Dawn of the dead in the player to watch the other day and it wouldn't work. So craving blood and gore I decided to watch Paul play instead. It was rubbish hardly any fouling and at one point one of his players picked up the ball for goodness sakeTo compound matters he might even have run it in for a td. (my memories a bit hazy the meds were kicking in at this point) I ended up watching You've got Mail with the missus...pathetic...

I am glad you did revive the thread. I missed this the first time. Hysterical.

Welcome to Fumbbl at any rate. If you or anyone else has any questions feel free to PM me.
Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2008 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is an excellent example of why I like fumbbl and its forums! First there is a thoughtful and/or thought-provoking initial post or three - okay, maybe six posts! - and then something intelligent pops up, either sparked in my brain by one of the posts or posted by someone smarter (and younger! Wink ) than me. Voila! Wonderful ideas, thoughts, notions, quotable bits of text ... all good stuff.

Then, as an added no-extra-cost bonus, the "pie" starts flying and we get treated to re-hashings of personality conflicts and old gripes and complaints. It is so interesting and gives such a fine perspective on the history here I can't begin to describe how much fun it has brought to my fumbbl experience! I've even learnt a few new (apparently) vulgar expressions in one of the English languages many variants, which is quite an accomplishment for an old Army sergeant, let me tell you! Laughing

Finally, the thread tapers off, gradually descending into the grave ... then, one day *bang* "It's baccck!" and I get to review all the old foolishness and laugh-provoking stuff all over again! It better than summer re-runs on American TV!! Cool

This is exactly what makes the newbie experience great here and very difficult to improve upon. Keep up the good work, you lads! Jolly good; jolly good.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2008 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
Stage I (Blink of an eye): Airing of site grievances in an ordered, intelligent manner.
Stage II (Main Body of Thread): Gurus step in and rag on people who annoy them. Mass arguments ensue.
Stage III (And on to Infinity): Disorganized one-line grabastic posts. The word "penis" is entered into the thread. The point of the thread is long forgotten. Bill Parcells mutters "This conversation is going nowhere"
Stage IV (After thread has died and been put in the archives where it belongs): Some random peon comes along and bumps it with his "unique spin", which really isn't unique anyways, and is the same useless crap that everyone posts....

i fixed it for you...

thanks for bumping another holier than thou retard post...

what's next?....bumping bigmac's "contributions"?...(no that's not a suggestion, meech)

--j

ImageImage
Meech

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2008 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow, you may want to check the PM link I put in my last post

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2008 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i hate you Sad

--j

ImageImage
OrRynRaine

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2008 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I am new I love the FUMBBL sytem BUT the site is VERY user UNFRIENDLY the coaches seem to be small real world groups that link up together online, thats fine but I have started a group in the L devision and have been PM coaches to join, let me tell you I have had a few VERY rude replies like why the hell you sending me this or why would i want to join this group. I started playing here because I thought it would be an easy way to get a BB league going and I would not have to deal with the middle aged losers that live at home with mom and play at the local hobby store all day but instead I am playing with the middle aged losers playing on moms computer. Owe by the way this forum is no more RUDE then any other online
fouling, staleing and winning are a part of the game!
one more time the unactive coaches and teams need not be a part of the public site they are just that inactive and do not need to be clogeing up the site.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2008 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You've not chosen the best way to start an [L] group OrRynRaine.

Post a thread in the League forum providing a link to your group and explaining the rules/fluff.

Better yet, join another league, that way you'll meet plenty of coaches who enjoy playing in a structured league situation. Many people here only play in [R] or can't commit to a regular game. Getting random unsolicited PM's could be a bit annoying especially as your PM box can get pretty full at times.

Jump to: