35 coaches online • Server time: 09:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sidney

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Gday folks,
Until today i have never pplayed a game of blood bowl but have wanted to, as a new guy i have a few questions (sorry for the typical new questions but i got 'em)

1. I keep finding (around the site) a crap load of abreviations (ff, rr, etc) but with australianism comes what-the-hell-is-that-american-football-game?They-don't-even-use-there-feet-itis (or WTHITAFG?TDEUSFI for short)
could somone please point me to an abreviations page?

2. How can i get a game?
i have the client, i go to game finder, then what?

And lastly could somone give me some pointers with my (breifly) playtested team?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=440915

thanks also always up for a game Mr. Green
Brad

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Fumbbl,

Once you're on Game finder, come join chat http://fumbbl.com/javachat3.php and if your team is on game finder, someone will probably offer you a game in quick fashion.

Lots of other Aussies and a lot of Eurpoeans here, so the debate as to "what is football" is probably going to keep raging, (even longer the Americans take to get into their Armour)

FF = Fan Factor
RR = Re-Roll
etc = "and so forth: continuing in the same way " Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, i would have thought FF was full forward Razz Il join the chat now.

also reading back on my post I sound like a arse, im usually pretty laid back though.
f0rd

Welcome!

First of all welcome to the site.

1. Well the of 2 abbreviations you mentioned, FF stands for Fan Factor (I'd advise you to start with at least 7 as you get more money and people will be less likely to play you if it's lower). RR stands for Re-rolls.

There are loads more mostly used for skills, some of us are sad enough to know all the skills off by heart. So SB will be strip ball, MB Mighty Blow, BT Break Tackle, SS Sidestep etc. here is a full list of skills
It can also be for player positions, just to confuse you. so WD could be WarDancer.
Oh when you play a game some people will say GL & HF which is Good Luck and Have Fun).

2. This Explains how to find a game the best. But you should get some chat software as it's by far the best way, I use Hydra cos it's free. Then go to the gamefinder page and click on add teams you can also type "bblfg" (without the commas) in chat (stands for Bowl Bot Looking For a Game), though you should note that in the main chat channel this will only put [R] (Ranked) teams on gamefinder, for your Academy team you need to go to the academy channel.
Once you've added yourself you can look on the gamefinder page to see if there are any other teams on there, then look up that coach and ask if he wants to play. Someone may look you up too.

As dfor your team, it is OK but you have wasted some money. This shows some good starting teams. But cheerleaders and coaches are not worth it, start with Fan Factor 9 as Skaven die really easy.

P.S. The Help/FAQ wiki is a godsend, you can find the answer to most BB (bloodBowl) related questions there.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=5413
Heres a group designed for this very purpose Very Happy
Should be self explanatory,and welcome on board mate!
Sidney

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks guys,
Wraith

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have dumped the cheerleaders and assistants for a higher starting fan factor. Otherwise the team looks pretty good. Another avenue is to get less positional players to begin for more rerolls (since they double in price once the team is approved). Just some other options though.

Everything else has been covered pretty much.

Good luck and see you around.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidney, judging by your nick and your use of the word "Gday" I assume you may be Australian?

If so, goto the chat room #swl and join the Southern Wastes League!! Its the fumbbl league for all Aussie/Kiwi types.

Main League Page here: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=647

Cheers
Clay
Sidney

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

on the ball today clay, (no ofence)
im gonna chang my team now with the things sugested and a bit more, I just played my first game (0-4 Brads way if you have to know) and i know what my play style requires now
thanks, Sid
Panda_

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Everything is there:
http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

*cough*not really*cough*
i followed the wikki and it turns out i wasnt logged in (somhow??) but that situation wasn't on the wikki (i may have been the first?)
There is no abreveation page there?
and I wanted to make a new and experimental team (that failed) but thought that others opinions were needed

i don't need to start a flame war but the wikki doesn't have every situation and probably isn't gonna help if you throw it at every problem. it is a good guide but maybe reading it before saying the answers to all the problems are there.

I repete, i DONT want to start a flame war, just maybe practice what you preach. Wink
Wraith

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I forgot to mention getting an apothecary. Especially with a skaven team. A bad first game or two can be devastating without one (or it can be worthless).
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

One abreviation that you'll see alot: FUMBBL. We actually dont know what it means.

There are many theories....

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
pac

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we actually have an abbreviations page?

I don't think we do …

I shall make one! Very Happy
 Jump to: