70 coaches online • Server time: 22:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2003 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

This Online Bloodbowl's Yours

Don't like the rules? Make your own league.
There's no reason to complain about all the wonderful things that people do for you for free. Constructive criticism is always helpful, but attempting to inflict your own opinions upon others, particularly those who go out of their way to do something mighty nice for you and people like you, is pointless and just plain rude. I'm not just referring to this thread here.

Don't know the difference constructive and annoying criticisms? Show me something that you've made and I'll do both. You should be able to figure it out from there.

( Sorry, feeling testy today. Yes, again. <mutter mutter> )

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2003 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the faction is great as it is now.
Great work guys.

-Janzki

-Douglas Adams
Clementus

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2003 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Just asking if we can scrap the whole idea of using Teams STR, Mainly because certain races, stunties especially will never really be able to keep the STR up with the other races, even having a full 16 players puts most races way over a stunty team. And aye stunties do lose a lot, see my gobbos if ya want, but still they have the abilities to be up with the higher, not highest, STR teams.

If you use STR then all stunty teams will be shoved into the lower divisions and unable to move up unless they manage to get an AMAZING team.

Flings Rule!
Essadji

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2003 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this discussion might turn out to be a little premature... Imho what you'll get is a dual atmosphere in each faction; Bashers will play Bashers and Dodgers will play Dodgers. So if the light wills it that way, the balance in sheer numbers between them will stay equal and you'll get a top with very strong teams of both kinds with comparable amounts of points 'halfseason', and they will have all their 'easy games' over and done with. The only way to make sure for promotion then will be for the high ranked bashers to engage those few strong bashers that could get no game at the start of the season and the high ranked dodgers will have to take on the light bashers. So, who knows, maybe it all turns out to be pretty balanced... Let's just wait and see what tomorrow brings?

Last edited by Essadji on %b %30, %2003 - %19:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
cusi

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2003 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

play all reasonable teams in range
makes the game fun
though watchout fer the dual po mummies
thats just silly

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2003 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... maybe if bonus points were given for playing higher rated teams (like the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. used to be) there may be more coaches willing to take on a tougher team because they might be able to get more points... the only drawback is that the stronger coaches will get less points for taking on weaker teams... but it would still be more points playing this way than if they didnt play at all... it would be a bit like Manchester United playing Yeovil and it finishes a 0-0 draw... yeovil would get all the praise whereas Man U would get a bit of stick...

dont know if i make any sense here...
HunterX

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2003 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

what language is that anyway? lol Wink

Jump to: