15 coaches online • Server time: 04:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What Dark Elf setup shall I take?
2 Assassin, 2 Blitzer, 2 Witch, 1 Re-Roll
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
2 Assassin, 3 Blitzer, 1 Witch, 1 Runner, 1 Re-Roll
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
2 Assassin, 4 Blitzer, 2 Runner, 1 Re-Roll
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Blitzer, 1 Witch, 2 Runner, 2 Re-Roll
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
2 Assassin, 2 Witch, 1 Runner, 2 Re-Roll
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Blitzer, 1 Runner, 3 Re-Roll
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Witch, 3 Re-Roll
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Blitzer, 1 Runner, 2 Re-Roll, Apo
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
I don't care but still like voting / I hate you
25%
 25%  [ 40 ]
Cake / Orbital Barrage
35%
 35%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 158

xcver

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
FF in LRB5 is only used when deciding your FAME. Both coaches roll 2d6 and adds their fanfactor. The one that got the highest gets +1 FAME for the whole game.
There is no result on the kickoff table that uses an modifier of FF, they all use FAME.
And you don't have to buy any FF for a starting team in LRB5.

As Brilliant coaching and Cheering fans is on position 6 and 8 on the kick off table, and they now are a D3 + FAME + Ass coaches/ cheerleaders, It is more worth to spend those 20k on one cheerleader and one assistant coach.

And read CircularLogics answer why assasins ain't worth to bother with.
Only thing i could see is that you could take one to chase gutter runners and wardancers with. For anything that aint av7 and blodge i rather use a normal block.

Plus FAME also modifies the roll for Throw a Rock (D6+FAME) and Pitch Invasion FAME +D6>5) also note that if you your FF + 2d6 is double or more than your opponents FF+2d6 you'll even get FAME+2 (which is obviously super brutal with Pitch Invasion).

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, in a non progression tournament like this I think the difference between the FF and the staff is so ridiculously small that its not worth bothering about unless you're powergaming to the max. I am taking a vampire team.... go figure. I like rocks because rocks are funny, pitch invasions are even better.

Assassins probably arent all that worthwhile (sadly). The problem is the huge pricetag they come with and they are pretty much inferior to blitzers. I'm not sure exactly how good dump off is compared to block but I suspect the cheesiest powergamed dark elf team will be optimised around blitzers (maybe one with elf they give block after game one). However, if Jock wants to try out the assassins I dont really see a problem especially if hes going to use their shadowing ability properly.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Sod Smile

Well we get 5 skills right? I was thinking;
Leader (runner1), Nerves of Steel (runner 2), Block (witch Elf), Dodge/Tackle (blitzer), Kick (lineman)
Leader comes first and the others as I see fit.

Word.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, leader on the runner, forgot about that Smile I'll have a little think in a bit about how I'd do assassin based DE..... you're set on two right?

BTW, question for Darkson...... Wizards arent allowed but all other coaching staff, stars etc are allowed. does that mean I can take special play cards. I am very tempted to take an all snotling team at some point but it isnt worth it if you cant take 7 random events for a laugh.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

pretty set on 2 unless they are disasterous in testing.

Darkson

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

No cards (they're not "core" rules, they're optional), in fact no optional rules at all.

For me, it depends on what money I've got left as to wheter I buy FF, AC or CL. If I have 1 or 2 TV left, it goes on FF. 3 goes on 1 of each, and so one, 4 = 2FF, 1 AC, 1 CL, and 50k normally means I can upgrade a player/get a lineman.

Toby..er..Force..er..BigMac..er..Capt.Powerpoint..er..Cookie_Shark wrote:
Im sory but you come across unwilling to learn and unreasonabble.
Darkson

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Jock - don't take the 2 assassins - the only way you'll get the best use out of them will be by leaving them in TZ, in which case they're going to get chomped by any opponent worth their salt. One will prbably be ok, but not 2.
And you'll need more rerolls than 1.

Toby..er..Force..er..BigMac..er..Capt.Powerpoint..er..Cookie_Shark wrote:
Im sory but you come across unwilling to learn and unreasonabble.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Powergaming I'd go for:
4 Blitzers - 400k
1 Runner - 80k (a total steal)
6 Linemen - 420k
2 Re-rolls - 100k

Skills..... leader, strip baller blitzer..... probably dodge on the rest of the blitzers.

However, the 2 assassin approach for total coolness and ultra turbo stab mode...

2 Assassins - 180k
Runner - 80k
2 Blitzers - 200k
6 Linemen - 420k
2 Re-rolls

20k spare.... either upgrade a lineman to a runner or a blitzer to a witch elf or both.... both are more fragile and both options start to demand skills on those players before strip ball.... alternatively just spend the cash on FF etc

Skills - leader runner, stripball blitzer, probably dodge on the assassins and the remaining blitzer

Not sure exactly what order you want the skills in (depends on your playstyle) .... you might want to work in a kicker (prolly lino) somewhere but you have enough positionals (including the excellent blitzers) to prefer suck up the skills..... I think the positionals all merit them, a striball blitzers is probably alot more handy than a wrestling lineman.

JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2008 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

New thinking is;

1 Assassin, 2 Blitzer, 1 Witch, 1 Runner, 2 Re-Roll

Mainly influenced by only having 1 thrower model and the batch of dark elves i bought only having 1 model worth converting to an assassin, did come with a standard bearer though so will do him up and create a fumbbl WIL banner for him, which is nice.

Skill thinking, Leader Runner, Blodge Witch, Blodge Blitzer, Blodge Blitzer, Kick/DP lineman, which is also nice.

Borgen

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2008 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead, looking at:

2 mummies
2 wights
3 ghouls
3 zombies
2 skellies

3 RR, 0 FF

guard on two mummies, block on two ghouls, frenzy/tackle/guard perhaps on a wight or another blodge ghoul

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

can the mummies not take block as a normal skill in LRB5?
johnnyB79

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2008 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

nope, they can only take strength skills on a standard.

Im taking up my norse:

1 Snow Troll
1 Beserker
2 Runners
2 Throwers
6 Linemen
2 RR's, 3FF

Guard on snow troll, leader on a thrower, sure hands on the other thrower, tackle on the beserker and probably sure hands on one runner.
Remember your only gonna get 5 skills in totall (as i read it) your totally unskilled in the first game and gain one after each you play.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2008 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny, though its not my team can I humbly suggest that you scrap the runners (dauntless needs re-rolls) in favour of more ulfwerner or berzerkers. Guard on berzerkers looks like a better bet than tackle but that might just be my playing style.

phil78

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2008 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be taking skaven, go the clan.
Looking at something along the lines of
4 g.runners
2 SV
Thrower
5 Linos
3 RR
0FF

might be a bit low in STR though and still to think of skills
Peter_Thorpe